Room Type Monthly Range* (CAD)

Very thorough tour with all of our questions answered. Very fine meal provided, prepared and served well. Opportunity to walk about and talk to other residents.

Big, bright facility with friendly staff and residents. Rooms are reasonable size for the price. Lots of activities and common areas. Especially drawn to having patio or easy outdoor access for door.

I toured the facility on Feb. 7th. The location is ideal - there is a mall with liquor store, grocery store etc. right down the street, plus a library and restaurant right across the street. I found Long Lake Chateau to be a welcoming happy place and the residence seemed happy. The building and apartments are a little older and are showing their age but were clean and well kept. The one bedroom apartment was very nice - bright and large. The private dining room is a great feature as are the views of the lake. My Dad is seriously considering moving to this facility.

A great place

I like this community and the staff that are very nice and caring. The community was very clean and I enjoyed the meals that were provided. They offere a lot of great activities. I would recommend others to see this great community for great care.

A place that is welcoming

My dad is in the process of moving in this weekend. Our tour showed how warm and welcoming the Long Lake Chateau is. You call tell how happy the residents are by going in during meal time. Everyone is lively and chatting. Such a great feeling. The place is clean and the staff appear to really care. I talked to a few of the long term residents and the all spoke highly of living there.

Outstanding Community

This is an amazing community, and my father is doing very well since his move here. He has adjusted very well to this community, and I'am pleased with all they have done for us. The community looks great, they do a great job with the cleanliness of the place. The staff is wonderful. I'am very impressed with them. They have many activities offered for the residents. It has been a lovely experience, and I would recommend this community.

Very nice facility but I would prefer more of a gym. Great people

Elegant

The Longlake Chateau screams elegance and beauty and really everything here has been totally positive vibes from the start.

A place for my mother-in-law

very diligent about checking on my mother and welcoming her to the community. a bit pricey, but hopefully the cost will even out with her increased happiness.

In-laws

My in-laws moved here 3 months ago. The managers have been really good with a very difficult move. The other staff have been good as well. My in-laws enjoy the trips and have made new friends.

The Best Place For My Mom

Caring staff that has been willing to go above and beyond to help my Mom settle in and feel at home. The food is simply amazing! My Mom has been there only one week and has already begun to feel at home because of the kindness and patience of both the staff and the other residents. I know without a doubt that I have found the best place in the world for my Mom at this time in her life!

Proudly serving Nanaimo-area seniors since 1989, Longlake Chateau offers a simplified lifestyle that allows residents more time to do the things they love. We’re located on beautifully landscaped grounds right on the shores of Longlake, convenient to shopping, dining and healthcare centres. If you’re in the mood to explore, visit nearby attractions like Bastion Fort, Rathtrevor Beach, Mount Washington or the Pacific Rim National Park. With a helpful 24-hour staff and a host of interesting neighbours, our community feels like a family – and you’re going to love being a part of it.

With 29 independent living communities throughout British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec and New Brunswick, Atria Retirement Canada is home to more than 3,000 seniors. We create warm, comfortable environments where retired people can live as they please, without the concerns of maintaining a home.