Room Type Monthly Range* (CAD)

Very beautiful setting, clean, friendly, welcoming and the suites themselves give the residents space to still live.
We didn't end up going with Bear Creek due to availability but it would have been our first choice had they had the space.

Review of Bear Creek Villa Surrey, BC

The staff is very friendly and helpful. They do a good job if interacting with the residents, the building is clean and well maintained, the food is delicious and nutritious with plenty of options at each meal. There are many activities for the residents to participate in as well.

Review of Bear Creek Villa

My experience at Bear Creek was excellent. The staff and facility, including the generous room size, was exceptional. I hated to move him from there but I had no choice as they do not have subsidized units and he simply couldn't afford to be there full time. He did complain about the food on a regular basis; but he is a very fussy eater so I wasn't too surprised by this. I must admit that the few meals (lunches) I did eat with him weren't all that great. But I understand they have to stay within their food budget.

Sry pleased with the service and all the staff. Really loving my new home.

Wonderful tour with [Removed]! Excellent place - loved the ambiance. Spotlessly clean, imaginative decor, vibrant and happy residents, attentive staff, perfect location. Enjoyed the delicious meal and it was good to chat with [Removed], the Executive chef - appreciated his gift of a pie to take home! So impressed we signed up there and then and plan to move there in August. Impressed that there will be nothing charged to our account until we actually take possession! Th best place for the price we have seen.

Clean, professional and the residents seemed well cared for upon a first visit.

The Public Relations hostess was straightforward and, thankfully, fitted me in at the end of her workweek on a Friday evening.

I noted the award that the facility won last year.

We chose this option for the forest for nearby greenery and easily available walks, with some possible views of wildlife. A new trail is in the process of being built.

There are low sodium/potassium soup options which my parents need.

Good price for what seems excellent quality and compassionate care.

Safe place with professional front desk staff.

Excellent facility. We needn't look further at this time, and will re-schedule a tour with my parents should they like to see Bear Creek Villa first hand.

Convenient location, units are nice, having in unit laundry is a huge bonus. Staff is very friendly and helpful

The staff is very friendly and helpful. The building is clean and well looked after. The meals are varied and delicious! There are many activities for all interests.

I’ve been working with Bear Creek Villa on their local advertising for over two years. Having spent considerable time on site, I have seen first-hand the great interaction and friendship between the residents and staff. With such a warm and inviting atmosphere, it is no wonder the residents love calling Bear Creek Villa home. Other communities I have visited pale by comparison.

Residents all seemed happy, and there was an air of activity everywhere, ladies playing cards, ladies sitting outside, and it was nail day so the private dining room was full of laughter. We were scheduled to tour with Dianne, but she felt it was more important to do a lease with a new resident and family. Sheri, the appartment care taker, did a wonderful job of showing us around. We are scheduling a follow up tour with Dianne.

Highly Recommend Bear Creek Villa

I have only been at Bear Creek Villa a few days and it already feels like home. The residents and staff are very welcoming. My first day here, I was approached by several residents saying "Welcome" and introducing themselves.

The food is excellent and has lots of variety. Chef even spent some time with me to discuss food allergies.

There was a wonderful day of celebration for Canada Day! I missed the water pistol fight after bocci ball. The staff decorated beautifully and everyone wore red and white, there were tattoos of the flag for us to wear. The best of all was the live entertainment! A lady came in with her keyboard and borrowed a guitar and played all of the old tunes we love. Everyone sang along, some danced, and there was complimentary wine and beer available for those who wanted it. All in all, it was a wonderful, uplifting day. Many happy faces with gratitude for living in Canada.

There has also been a bus trip out to the mall. Personally, I bought a new bed. 😊

On Sunday there was a Lady's Tea Time. A few shared interesting stories and more laughter.

Besides these special activities there are board games, card games, pool table and foosball table along with fitness, tai chi, and road trips. I'm tired just listing everything!

You should come; take a tour and see for yourself!

Wonderful staff

Review of Bear Creek Villa - Surrey, BC

Great location although stairs are needed to reach the walking paths. The full kitchens took up a lot of space and were something we wanted to avoid with dad. The patios were just what we were looking for. The atmosphere was excellent and it was very pet friendly. The meal and the gift of the pie was amazing.

The whole experience was far more than I would have expected.

I am so impressed with this facility. The food was wonderful and the suites were lovely. I will be working on my Mom over the next while and Bear Creek Villa is definitely the place I would love for her to live. I wanted to thank Dianne for the tour and lunch last Tuesday.

A Place for Mom responded immediately to our request for information about seniors independent living facilities in Vancouver. Although one of the places they suggested should probably be shut down due it being so run down Bear Creek was an excellent recommendation.
Our father has since moved there and is very happy.
The move went smoothly and everyone has been very friendly and helpful.

All staff here are very friendly and welcoming. It is an independently owned residence (not part of a large chain of residences), a couple years old, and is still growing. It is about 1/2 full at this point, so the activities are not as numerous as they are in other homes we have visited, but they are certainly adequate and do meet the needs of the residents. There is an eagerness by management to put new things in place as the number of people increases.

The team is working very hard to make changes within the facility with an eye to more comfort and diversity. Residents are fully involved in what happens, if they choose, and their suggestions are listened to and incorporated as possible.

Residents are all independent as there is no medical care on site, but there is medication distribution, meals to your room when you are ill, etc.

Rooms all have fridge, stoves, washer/dryers, and mostly showers, with a spa tub on site for those who like to take the occasional bath.

Location is quiet. No stores within walking distance, but many shops within 10 mins on the bus. (no site bus at this point) Great meals, daily special and several menu items if that option doesn't appeal to you.

Disappointed

The recent power outage had seniors searching for flashlights as there was no emergency lighting in suites or hallways.

Summer soaring heat had seniors in terrible states as suites are not equipped with air-conditioning. Elderly cooling themselves with only fans that simply blow around the hot air.

Bear Creek Villa should not be overlooked...must see!!

Bear Creek Villa has amazing people working there. They are so friendly and helpful. During the black out they made sure all the tenants received all their meals. They go way over and beyond to ensure they are comfortable and safe. I couldn't think of a better place for my mum. She is so happy and the suite is very nice.

Excellent facilities, and Dianne was a first class tour guide. Best facilities and best priced in Surrey 10/10