The Victorian at McKenzie - Victoria, BC

Room Type Monthly Range* (CAD)

I liked it the best but too expensive.

Having A Wonderful Time

Mom is having a fabulous time living here. She has already made friends and gone on a few bus trips to stores and out to eat. She finds the residents to be very friendly and engaging and sociable. The community is clean and very well maintained except for the elevator. The residents living in a 3 story building which is long in length but the building only has 1 elevator for its residents and recently it has been out of service 3 separate times. So for us, that is a safety feature that is a little concerning.
The food is hit or miss most days it's very good however there are times where the meals aren't good.
The location of the community for us is fabulous it is so close to our home and her church.

Care Comfort and Value

This is a nice community. The staff is caring and they are always willing to help him with getting him involved with the activities. This is a nice clean environment. I like that he is making friends.The community is very clean and we like environment. The menu is appealing and he seems to be pleased with the variety of the means.

Mom enjoyed touring here, lovely rooms and grounds. She really appreciated the brownie-to-go, and so did I!

Highly Recommend

We are very trilled with this community. My mother in law is really enjoying her time here. This is a great, safe community. The staff is great. They were great with their follow up, and keeping in contact with us. The community looks great, everything is very well maintained. Everything is working out very well, and I would highly recommend this community.

Wonderful place for my parents.

My parents have made a good transition into the Victorian at Mckenzie. They felt at home immediately. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. Both my parents are enjoying the meals. They haven't been on any excursions yet but are participating in the various onsite activities.

My Loved One is Well at This Community

My sister in law is loving her time here at this community. It is a very nice community, and everything has worked out very well. We are pleased with all they have done for us. A place for mom was great with all they help they provided us with.

Happy with the Victorian

The staff are really engaged with the residents and are great at passing information to one another. In that manner they ensure everyone gets the best care.

The Victorian is very clean, offers great meals and has a great layout. The staff is very good at keeping the residents busy. Staff and residents alike are very welcoming.

I have toured other residences and it is my opinion that The Victorian at McKenzie offers good value for the money.

The Victorian has ample parking for guests.

After 2 weeks......

Very friendly, helpful staff. Delicious roast beef dinner last Sunday. However I am hearing a LOT of complaints about the meals.....very greasy, chewy fried fish for lunch yesterday, for example and sweet, lumpy squares of cake for dessert (could be fruit salad)

Kate Vance

I'm glad you were able to join us for a great meal. Thanks for the feedback, I'll be sure to share it with our chef.

Grateful For The Community

My mom now lives here at this community. Unfortunately we found that she needs more care and this is not a fit for her now. However, they are letting her stay there and they have accommodated my mom and her aid. The staff are really good people. My mom eats good meals and I am happy with the community. I would recommend them to family or friends.

Happy Dad

My father lives in the Victorian, and yes, It's a nice place. I rated activities as good, as my father doesn't participate in them, so I really have no idea.
I like the layout. The atrium is a fantastic reference point for those that might get lost easily, and the whole bottom floor is visible from the second floor hall- it really seems open and bright.
There are many cozy seating / social areas throughout the building and books all over the place.
Staff is friendly and efficient, and meals are great.
The one complaint that I would have is that there is only 1 elevator, and this poses a problem when residents want to go to meals.
Other than that, I'm happy to have my father in The Victorian, and overall really impressed with everything.

wonderful

The Victorian at McKenzie was wonderful for my mom. She would have no problem going back for respite care. She thought the food was good and she is someone that is very picky. She didn't complain about anything. She doesn't mix very well with others and she was happy that nobody made her do anything that she didn't want to do. One of washing machines was broken but they quickly fixed it. The staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. All across the board it was a good experience.

Bright, friendly and clean

Friendly, clean, food is great. Best of all 'Bright'.
Close to all Saanich activities and ability to book the Victorians bus for appointments or excursions.

Living the Dream

The Victorian At Mckenzie has been a life saver for my Mother and for our family. They stepped up and took my Mom in when VIHA deemed her to a hospital bed. Now my Mom is active and living the live she deserves. Thanks Victorian At Mckenzie for being there for us. :)

Set on beautifully landscaped grounds in sunny Victoria, you’ll fall in love with the elegance, charm and serenity of The Victorian at McKenzie. We’ve served area seniors since 2002, offering an all-inclusive lifestyle free from chores and the stresses of maintaining a home. Whether taking part in one of our community events or venturing out to shop, run errands or visit local attractions such as Clover Point Park or the Esquimalt Lagoon Bird Sanctuary, each day is yours to spend as you like – and excitement is only moments away.

With 29 independent living communities throughout British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec and New Brunswick, Atria Retirement Canada is home to more than 3,000 seniors. We create warm, comfortable environments where retired people can live as they please, without the concerns of maintaining a home.