Live Oak Village Independent &Assisted Living - Foley, AL

BEWARE OF THIS PLACE. Living here has been a disaster for my parents.

BEWARE of assisted living at Live Oak Village. Don't be fooled by the smooth-talking (and seemingly-commforting) marketing it uses to lure residents into moving there. It makes promises it does not keep. Many things about this place are seriously wrong. If your loved ones move here, they are making a huge mistake. Sure the grounds are pretty, but that hides the ugly reality of actually living there.

Choose another assisted living facility unless you want to move to an assisted living facility that has turned out for my parents to be a horrible place. After only four months there, my parents are leaving Live Oak Village to move to another assisted living facility that will truly deliver the assistance it promises. Live Oak Village failed to deliver the assistance it promised to lure my parents to move to it. Only after my parents moved to Live Oak Village, it claimed it is not sufficiently staffed to provide the assistance it promised.

It also racks up huge bills that are unnecessary and that it tries to make its residents to pay despite having been told in advance the residents neither wanted nor needed, and would not pay for, what Live Oak Village billed them for anyway. .

Not all, but particular members of its staff and management are not trustworthy. One entered a resident's room for the stated reason to remove doctor-prescribed Lyrica from the resident's room because the staffer claimed "it is a narcotic" (despite the fact Lyrica definitely is not "a narcotic"). Many witnessed and were shocked by this staffer's claimed but completely incorrect "knowledge" about the resident's doctor-prescribed medication and this staffer's false statement about it and using the false statement that Lyrica "is a narcotic" as a pretext for entering the resident's room. Those who witnessed this came to learn this staffer had an ulterior motive for entering the resident's room to get the resident's Lyrica.

If residents cannot trust Live Oak Village about their medication prescribed by their doctors, what can it be trusted about?

If we knew before, what we know now, about the ugly truth of assisted living at Live Oak Village, my parents would have never moved there. Now my parents are about to move out of Live Oak Village to reside at one of the several better and much more trustworthy assisted living facilities in the area.

Live Oak Village was a very clean community

The staff were all very kind and treated my mom well. The community does offer many activities but they didn't really encourage my mom to participate. My mom hated the food and they didn't offer many options.

Live Oak Village is a good place to live.

I have recently placed my parents at Live Oak Assisted Living in Foley, Alabama and I have been overall pleased. Everyone there is very nice and pleasant to work with. We have had a few hiccups along the way but they have been easily resolved and everyone has been on board with making things right. I would highly recommend this facility. It is older than some of the other facilities but we felt it had a better campus and community "feel" to it. My parents are settling in and happy with living there. My parents were not excited about moving into a facility and they have now changed their minds because their experience has been positive. That credit belongs to Live Oak Village. God Bless everyone having to go through this process. It is tough but there is hope. Baby steps.

He seems to like it so far.

He seems to like it so far. The only complaint we had is that when there was a fall, there were some miscommunications. Different family members were told different things. Other than that he seems pretty happy with it. He seems to enjoy the food, and the people are friendly. We haven't had any billing issues so far.

Excellent facility for assisted living in AL.

Excellent facility--only problem was arrangements for meds--my brother provides for free (pharmacist) and we had to work out an arrangement to allow them to administer but still be "free"--we did that for $5 per RX for 90days with their pharmacy (Omnicare). /very helpful staff and LARGE rooms--good location; very happy with all the aspects of the choice.

Nice place, too quiet, no c...

Nice place, too quiet, no coffee or treats on hand as far as I could see. Seemed like most pstients were in there room and not socializing at 2 in the sfternoon? Maybe nap time! Fscility is showing its age with outdsred cabinetry, and appliances. General reaction was one of could be better for thecprice!

Pain In The You Know What

It was a nice facility but the management was terrible. My mom contracted a disease and the hospital said that is a condition that you get from long term care facilities or from hospitals. They called me and told me she was taken to the hospital and she couldn't go back there and you're on your own. They didn't help one bit in assisting us to get her another place. It was an all around pain in the you know what. They didn't help one bit! It's a very nice facility but the management was terrible and on more than one occasion they didn't know before coming into her room. I said shouldn't you know or something? They said it's a policy but they don't do it very often.

Wow, beautiful place, homey...

Wow, beautiful place, homey, not cold and sterile. Smelled like cinnamon, lively, cheerful, very pleasant staff. I was quite impressed.

LOV

Over all very good, but did have a couple things come up that were questonable.
While paying $2800.00, starting getting $2.00 a day "trey" changes showing up on the monthly invoice. When I asked about them I was told that they will deliver a "trey" of food to the residents room when they don't show up for meals at a cost of $2.00 per delivery. I thought this to be petty and was not informed of these charges on the front end. Other than that, the room A/C leaked condensate on the floor, slow to make the repair. My Mother loves the place, says the activities are great, Staff very friendly and caring. You can find something wrong with anything if you look hard enough, but Mom is very happy, that's the main reason she is still there.

Nice, but not for me. Too i...

Nice, but not for me. Too isolated, enjoyed tour. Marketing personnel charming and informative.

Very Pretty Property

My father chose this location because it was in the same area he had been living and wanted to be around his friends. The property is really pretty lots of trees and out front there is a pond. The community is very well kept and is fairly updated. My father did tell me there was a pool in this community as well. It is a very nice community. I was only at this community for a couple of minutes while I picked up my dad to take him out to lunch.

As you enter the Liveoak Village campus, you'll pass our majestic namesake Live Oak trees and our tranquil ponds--complete with our resident ducks and geese. Liveoak Village offers both independent and assisted living for those who want an attractive, enjoyable and secure lifestyle. At Liveoak, you and your loved ones are treated like family. We are truly a community--not just another senior facility. Located in beautiful Foley Alabama, Liveoak is just minutes away from medical facilities, shopping, entertainment and the beautiful Gulf Coast beaches. Come experience the difference. Come home to Liveoak Village.