The Waterford at Hartford - Hartford, WI

Lots of complaints from the staff

My loved one is here currently and it’s been pretty good. When we first moved her in, we spent a lot of time there. It was a fairly quick process getting her in there but there have been a few things that have happened since she’s got there that haven’t been ideal. There have been a few unexplained bruises and scars and it’s always us having to ask how she got them, rather than them telling us upfront. I understand there are a lot of other residents there but a lot of the time they seem to be pretty understaffed. There have only been a few times when I’ve gone where I don’t try to help because it always seems like there are people that need it and aren’t getting it. I don’t know if the pay scale is wrong or if there’s too much to handle but I’ve heard some of the staff talk about how they couldn’t care less to be there. I think they may be a little overwhelmed, but the people that run the place are really good. Sometimes there are times where it feels like you can’t ask the staff for help because of how much they complain. One positive thing that I can say is that they have good food and they keep it clean. There are a few staff members that do an excellent job, too, but the majority of them don’t seem happy. Overall, it hasn’t been a horrible experience but it hasn’t been great.

Great place

We couldn't be happier with The Waterford at Hartford, it's a great place. The facility itself is clean, modern, and nice looking, and the staff are all very friendly and professional. I would highly recommend it.

The Waterford at Hartford is a good place!!!

They have minimal activity at this community. The staff are friendly and work well with my Father in law. They are very good at keeping us informed of his care and if there are any changes we should know. I have not tried the food but he seems to like it. They keep the community clean and well maintained.

Happy Family!

As an occupational therapist, I have helped many patients understand the value of assisted living. My Aunt had been needing assisted living for years, but was unable to cope with leaving her home. We met with the people from the Waterford and were pleased with the size of the building, the grounds and the staff. It was a tough move and my Aunt had such a battle with accepting and adjusting. THE ENTIRE staff from the housekeepers to nursing care to the kitchen staff were kind and caring and did everything possible to engage my aunt and attent to her needs. They all love her "Kitty" too! My entire family feels blessed that she is there and for the first time in years, my Mom is looking rested, mainly because we know my Aunt is in good hands.

First impressions, run down...

First impressions, run down and mis-managed! Of several assisted living locations I looked at each day in a week....this was my first experience to be rushed thru both assisted living and memory care under 10 mins total. Management appeared stressed and rushed to get rid of me. Dark, dim lights and smells.

Emerald Ridge Assisted Living was specially built in 2004 to meet the needs of Hartford, Wisconsin's seniors over the age of 65. Located 1/2 block off Hwy 60, across from Aurora Medical Center and within walking distance of K-Mart, Ponderosa restaurant, Dairy Queen, a bank, dentist, chiropractor, etc. the community is the ideal location to retire to.

Emerald Ridge Assisted Living (RCAC) offers 34 spacious (1) and (2) bedroom apartments with kitchenettes and large bathrooms with walk-in showers. The apartments are bright and airy with lovely views and abundant storage space. Common areas offer craft & activities, chapel, beauty/barber shop, living room, dining room with seating for 40 and wide hallways and entrances.

Emerald Ridge Memory Care (CBRF) serves 20 individuals with Alzheimer's Disease and other related dementias. Each studio apartment offers a spacious bathroom with walk-in shower, living room area with large sunny windows and ample storage space. Suites may be shared or private. Memory Care common areas include a sunny outdoor patio with gardening opportunities, activity & dining room, living room, beauty shop, kitchen & a personal living room for private family visits. The common area is built in a circle for continuous walking.

Emerald Ridge Assisted Living and Emerald Ridge Memory Care's trained staff are available 24-hours per day to assist with personal cares such as medication administration and monitoring, bathing, dressing, incontinence ( toileting), ambulating from chair to bed or from room to room and assistance with all other activities of daily living. We specialize in chronic issues such as Diabetes, Parkinson's Disease, and catheter and colostomy care.

Emerald Ridge's Care & Social Team consists of an Administrator, Resident Care Coordinator, Activity & Social Director, On-Call Registered Nurse, Dietary Supervisor & kitchen staff, Certified Nursing Assistants and Housekeeping and Maintenance s