New Perspective Senior Living | Silvis - Silvis, IL

A environment for mom

This was a nice tour for mom. We liked the community and the staff who were nice and able to answer the questions we had. The environment was nice, but we wanted a community that was a little smaller and more like home. They have a good menu and a nice list of activities. We would recommend families to tour this community for care.
[Removed]

Stacy Shuman

Hi, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at New Perspective Senior Living | Silvis! If you're ever in need of more help, please let us know!

Very pleased. Everyone is friendly, staff and residents. The food is good with a wide variety. The place is well kept.

Stacy Shuman

Thanks for the feedback, we strive to provide excellent service to our residents at New Perspective Senior Living. Wishing you a great day until the next time we meet.

Great care and comfort.

This is a good community with great care. We like the staff who are caring. The environment is nice and he is pleased with the nice menu of the meals with a good variety. They offer him activities that he is participating at the time with the other residents. The is the care that we have needed. We would recommend this community for the care of a loved one.

Very happy!

We have been very happy with New Perspectives in Silvis, IL. The facility is very clean and inviting. The staff is very friendly. They have done everything possible to make Mom's transition as easy as possible!

Stacy Shuman

Kathy, We're so glad that we were able to go above and beyond your expectations! Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we did. We hope you have a great day!

Great care for family

I like this community for the care of my family member. She is very happy with the staff and is making new friends are moving in. She is enjoying the food but she feels that it does take too long to get your meal. She does like the activities that she is enjoying. She is allowed to play the piano that they have. She would recommend this community to other families for the care and the value.

Stacy Shuman

We appreciate you taking the time to provide a review of our community. Our hope is that your family member will continue to be happy in her new home.

Two parents at The LIghthouse

Both of my parents started out in Assisted Living at the Lighthouse before they both moved on to Alzheimer's unit (Betty's Harbor). My family has been very pleased with the care both of our parents have received. The facility is clean and the employees are friendly. Highly recommend!

Stacy Shuman

Jane, We are glad your parents are doing well and are happy. We appreciate the feedback. Enjoy your day.

Very pleased

Everyone is so friendly and welcoming. Staff has gone above and beyond. So many nice touches and the food is great. Couldn't have hoped for better.

Stacy Shuman

Thank you for reaching out and writing such a nice review. We pride ourselves on providing excellent care for our residents. Our hope is you will always be happy and continue to Live Life on Purpose.

It Feels Like A High School

It has been going terrible for my dad here. Everything is not well. They bully people here, the invoice is confusing for the residents. No one helped connect the internet. It is like I moved him into a high school environment. I would not recommend them.

Stacy Shuman

We appreciate you taking the time to provide a review of our services and regret not meeting your expectations. Our hope is that you allow us the opportunity to correct the issues that you encountered. If you could reach out to us with your contact information at [removed], we can then communicate with you directly.

A Nice Place For My Friend

We are very pleased with everything this community has done for my friend. This is a very nice place for him to be. The community looks beautiful, they keep his room and the facility nice and well maintained. They have really gone out their way for him. They waived the community fee also reduced his rent to fit his budget. Kayla worked very hard for us, she was great time work with. Overall we are very satisfied with this community. I would highly recommend this community.

Looks like A hotel

The experience has been great. The staff are very friendly and helpful with everything. The community looks amazing--it looks like a hotel and is very nicely kept. The food is just delicious and they have a wide variety of well balanced food available. The staff here is simply great. They have been extremely friendly and my father absolutely loves them. They even have a shuttle for transportation to and from appointments which is a big help to us and the driver is very friendly as well. Our experience has been great with the Lighthouse’s Memory Care setting. We are happy my mother has been able to stay there.

need more activities

They could definitely improve with the activities. They need more outdoor activities and no so much of the card games they play. I do not receive any care services at the facility but still rating them at a 5. They keep the facility very clean.

Atmosphere

The food is ok, The atmosphere is great and the vibe.

We are pretty happy with them so far.

We are pretty happy with them so far. The food could be a little better. It could also be a little less expensive. There wasn't any one thing in particular that made me choose them. We just liked the overall atmosphere.

Standard core services like the rest in the quad cities,and the activity gal was a peach! We found it expensive for what you get, mediocore in friendly factor, line staff nice, not so much the top dogs.
Came back unannounced and talked with people living there they said:
food is cold or tough, manager is rude and doesnt listen, some servers nice, some just ok, no activities at night, and 'high rent for what you get'

I would recommend looking at the other facilities locally. This place used to be pretty darn good but it seems like it has been on the decline for three or four years now. the owners are out of Minnesota or Wisconsin so they may not know.

time to change

This used to be a great place, maybe three, four years ago. Since then the care has gone downhill, agency staff vs actual employees, they rehired a nursing director after they had fired her three years earlier, she was let go again. staff sleep on the job, residents go unattended. My parents were there for about four years, we left about three years ago. Since then they have had four administrators, three or four nursing directors, and so many caretakers leave or be terminated i have lost track. Several of the residents are still friends with my folks and comment that it is also shabby, mold in the dry wall and the current female administrator works very short hours. It makes me very sad because the elderly need a place really to call home and dont need to be uprooted. They have people there that shoudl be in a nursing home, yet they keep collecting the 5000-7000 dollars from the families. Look elsewhere.

Had been satisfied with the care and accommodations of this facility until today. Received a phone call on a Friday morning stating that my grandparents no longer met their standard of care and that we need to move them out TODAY! Mind you it is February, and freezing and that these are two people in their late nineties. I understand that if they are above they level of care that we do need to move them to a place better suited, however, the way in which this matter is dealt is completely unprofessional and quite frankly, disgusting.

Review of Lighthouse of Silvis Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Silvis, IL

very impressed with this facility and the staff

All private pay and starting rates ar...

All private pay and starting rates are $3060 for studio per month.

They have three levels of care. Memo...

They have three levels of care. Memory care, assisted living, and supportive living (apartments). Very nice.

Founded in 1998, New Perspective Senior Living (NPSL) is a family owned company that develops and operates vibrant, senior living communities in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Illinois. Our foundational belief--that all seniors deserve to Live Life on Purpose® and age with dignity--was forged from the personal experience of caring for a family member with Alzheimer's disease. Today, the company serves seniors in 21 communities with Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care options. NPSL is based in Minneapolis, Minnesota. For more information, please visit www.npseniorliving.com.