Life's Journey Senior Living - Taylorville, IL

• Transportation
  • Certified Dementia Practioner
  • Full-time Activity Director
  • Full Schedule of Trips, Events and Activities!
  • Recreational & Social Activities
  • Laundry services
  • Memory Care Services
  • Secure Memory Unit

Day care service

While looking for a community for my mother I initially chose this location because of the day care program. It was a good way for my mother to be more social since she liked to be around other people. She does seem to be making friends there. It has been easily progressive moving her here. I would say that one of the drawbacks that I came across concerns their dietary restrictions. Most older people, they kind of don’t eat what they don’t need where my mother has to opposite issue and she can’t stop eating. I would like for them to keep tabs on her eating. As for the facility itself, they tend to keep everything clean. They do laundry twice a week for their tenants. The food that they serve isn’t necessarily that great. It is close in comparison to school cafeteria type food and they don’t have the fresh factor. They mainly have a set menu that alternates and they bring out the food. They have very limited day to day activities. They do post event calendars on the doors of the residents but I wish they would post these types of things on their webpage, that way other families can be updated. It’s hard to keep them in the know. They do have a lot of people come in like 3 piece bands, school choirs, and they offer some type of church service. They also have a van that would take residents and drive around to get ice cream or just to enjoy the ride.

My Father is Doing very At this Community

My father is doing very well here at this community. Everything has worked out very well for us here. I'am pleased with his move here. I know he is being cared for well at this community. He has adjusted very well to it, and he seems to be happy here.

Care for my father

Kindra was magnificent in all aspects in setting up the care my father needs. She treated my mother with special care during this major transition in her life. The staff have been very caring towards my father. The facility is very comfortable and my father said he likes it after only 2 1/2 weeks.

A nice community!!

The staff interact well with my wife. They seem fairly well trained. I would give the food a 3. They keep the community clean and I would recommend it. They offer a variety of daily activities.

Mother's care

Mother seems to really like it well there . That means everything to me . Keep up the work .

We toured here, it was in my top two.

We toured here, it was in my top two. It is specifically for dementia, and a much smaller, more open environment, than our other top choice. The other place felt a little more familiar to us. This was more of a room, rather than a little apartment.

Life's Journey Senior Living - Taylorville is a unique memory care community. We provide 24 hour nursing and assistance for your loved one with an emphasis on individualized care and attention for all levels of dementia. Our home is split into three unique houses providing a cozy environment which includes; private dining, spacious living rooms with fireplaces, studio apartments, outdoor activity areas including patios, aviary, indoor putting green and gardens.

Our staff to neighbor ratio is what sets us apart from other communities, and when combined with our individualized approaches for all levels of care we feel Life's Journey can offer comfort, acceptance, love and support for the individual and their family.

Activities are scheduled everyday. We provide music entertainment from an outside source at least once a week, we go on weekly outings and one special event outing once a month.