Mill Creek Alzheimer's Special Care Center - Springfield, IL

Mill Creek Alzheimer's Special Care Center - Springfield, IL has yet not published prices.

Very Nursing Home-ish

This community seemed more nursing home-ish to me. There seemed to be a quite good sized staff that was interacting with people that lived there, but I just feel like there were too many people there. The residents and staff were very friendly and they get to know the people living there extremely well. They also have a surprising amount of activities that residents can enjoy at one time. They have a bigger variety of things to enjoy.

Friendly Place

Mom is doing exceptionally well since moving here. The staff is friendly and very helpful and treating her well. She is starting on physical therapy and an exercise program to get her going after being ill for a couple of weeks.
The place is very clean and maintained well no housekeeping issues. The room my mom is in is spacious so she was able to bring some personal belongings with her so she feels at home.
She seems to like the food she has never eaten a lot but what she does eat she seems to enjoy it.
The location is perfect for us since it's no more than 10 minutes from my home.

Very Nice Staff and the Best Fit

While the new start is going pretty good my mom has staff that are pretty nice. She tells me they are nice. I see
the cleanliness is fine here. My mom is happy with the meals that are very good, she has no complaints. We mainly picked because of the size. We didn't want a very large community. A Place For Mom helped us find them.

My husband has recently moved in. He has received excellent care.

Very stimulating environment.

My loved one is adjusting very well and quickly. They stay on top of things. He had a cough one day and within four hours they had an x-ray and a prescription for medicine. He didn't even have to leave they brought everything to him.There is a lot more stimulation here. They offer many activities. He's a singer and they have choir everyday. The songs are from his youth and he remembers all the words.