Lexington Health Care Center of La Grange, In - La Grange, IL

Make sure when they move you out you know what exact care needs are.

It's a large rehab community. I think they gave an incorrect diagnosis to the assisted living community we went to, saying it would be a good fit when it wasn't. I don't think this was a great experience. I just don't have enough experience to know what went wrong exactly. I would double check and get a second opinion before you move your loved one out.

Would not recommend

I did not like the care my loved one received at this facility. It seemed like they just left the residents sitting in wheelchairs all day, I never saw any attempt at activities or engaging with them at all. The facility itself never seemed very clean, and the response time to the buzzers was very poor. I would not recommend this facility.

Director was a very lovely woman. the...

Director was a very lovely woman. therapy is only a 45 minute, once a day thing, then they are free to watch T.V. or anything else that they want, aside from eating times, that are really not supervised to take extensive time Also, she informed me that the facility only has a 30-45 day stay maximum.

Staff seemed attentive, and Clean fac...

Staff seemed attentive, and Clean facility with attentive, friendly staff. Residents seemed happy. Medicare 4-star rated.

Since 1984, Lexington has been a part of the community helping to serve seniors throughout the Chicagoland suburbs. Our sub acute rehabilitation program is designed specifically for those individuals recovering from a hospital stay or recent surgery, requiring short term rehabilitation and/or skilled care. At Lexington, our program is designed with your goals in mind, to return you home as quick as possible. In the past year, we have successfully rehabilitated over 3500 patients in the Chicagoland area. In a recent satisfaction survey, 99% of the respondents said they were satisfied with the overall quality of the therapy received. We offer physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy up to 7 days per week. Lexington is a leader in therapy outcomes. The average length of stay, percentage of goals met, and return to home rates exceed the Illinois and national average for skilled facilities. We also want your stay to feel like home. Our recent sub-acute remodeling features a completely separate unit designed for short term patients. Amenities include flat screen TV’s, electrical beds, wireless Internet, cable, telephones, state of the art therapy gym, and personal choice dining. We offer private and semi-private rooms. For long-term intermediate and skilled nursing care, you’ll benefit from a staff of medical professionals who treat each resident with respect, and support the family, and are sensitive to the physical and emotional aspects of aging. We know that the key to great care is consistency of the staff taking care of your loved one. Our average tenure for nurses is