Ashton Hall - Lawrenceville, GA

Getting The Level Of Care Needed

My mother in law is getting the level of care she needs. She is really happy there, however, there is a big age gap most of the residents are much older than her so they make it a little difficult for her to interact with others. She is starting to do some of the activities and we hope that increases. The food is very good.

Sorry no Pets

The staff here did a great job on our tour everyone was friendly and they took their time showing us around, one of the things my father-in-law noticed was that there were not very many men here and that made him feel a little out of place. It is a nice community smaller than some we looked at. Unfortunately, they do not allow pets and my father-in-law has a cat that goes where he goes.

Mom's Place

I moved my mother in 3 days after the grand opening. She has had a wonderful time since she's been there. She likes the food, the staff and her care. She has a great group of friends there. They encourage each other to stay socially active along with the staff. Bingo and puzzles are her favorite hobbies and they do both at Ashton. The best part is that she already lived near the facility, so the transition was quick and easy. The owners are excellent to work with and are typically on-site. It is so nice not having the hassle of going through some corporate office in California! I haven't seen mom this happy since my father passed.

Decent Community, Could Use Some Updating

We had a decent tour of this community. It isn't a very fancy, but it a nice little community. The staff was nice, but not very active. Our tour guide was kind and friendly. The appearance of the community could use some updating. It's a smaller community compared to the other's we looked at. Everyone was nice, but this wasn't the place for my wife and her needs.

Zero Stars!!

I took my father out of this horrible place! The staff did not take care of him at all. They never bathed him, when we brought him home his skin on his arms and legs changed colors from how dirty he was. During my visit, I found his medicine oh the floor and bathroom. They lost his clothes that I put his name on! I am very unhappy with them and would not recommend them to anyone!

Excellent Care

This community is really nice for families to have there loved ones taken care of. the staff is very helpful and friendly. The food seems to appear very good. The activities are really good. We would recommend other family here for the great care.

Beautician on site, We Had A Very Nice Tour

Our tour of this facility was a good one. We enjoyed our tour everybody was friendly and courteous. The community looks great. From what we saw everything looked great. There activities offered for the residents. They also have a beautician on site, my wife thought that was nice. Overall it was a pleasant experience.

Overall this is a nice community!!

The staff at Ashton Place could use some improvement. The manager Curt is very nice, however the other manager manager Mandy is lacking in communication skills. There have been times when there was no one at the reception desk. The community is very nice. Mom likes the food and they offer a lot of activities. I would recommend this community but I would advise that the staff could be an issue.

It's a large community, and very nice.

It's a large community, and very nice. This wasn't in the best location for us. I didn't see a lot of difference between this and another memory care place that was closer to me. The people were just not very social or happy seeming, we were looking at memory care and that seems to be the case most places. They seemed about the same, but this was bigger.

I would not recommend this community!!!

We were not happy with my mom living at Ashton Manor. When you first walk into the community it smells like disinfectant. They do not test anyone for Tuberculosis. The staff seemed like they were depressed and I believe it was under staffed as well. The food was not good and you had to ask for things such as condiments and silverware.

Legacy

I am very pleased with Legacy PCH. I found them through A Place For Mom. Anna and her staff are caring, pleasant and helpful. My family member has had an easy transition coming to Legacy, and I believe the reason is the wonderful staff there.

The food is good and they are very helpful

Ashton Hall Home is wonderful. The director Mandy Norton is wonderful, her guidance is what runs the community so well. The food is good and they are very helpful and provide as much assistant as needed. My mom seems recently satisfied there.

Would not recommend

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. I was not impressed at all by what I saw here. The facility did not seem clean or well kept, and seemed in need of a lot of renovations. The front door and walls were all banged up from wheelchairs hitting them, and they were using folding chairs in the dining room. Not one that I would recommend.

Very helpful and thorough. Highly recommend.

we have had a very positive experience with legacy. They are a caring facility in a home environment. they cook homemade meals. with a variety of dishes. Anna is a caring person looking after residents.

There are nurses and other proffional staff that come in often.

Ashton Senior Living - A Great Place For Mom !

Mom is moving into Ashton Senior Living today ...
[removed] ...
and we are VERY excited !
The process thus far has been excellent - both with
A Place For Mom and with Ashton.
This is a family owned and operated facility with both Independent and Assisted Living. They have made the transition from one to the other - seamless - if needed.
Curt McGill, Sr started it some 20 years ago and is still around pretty much daily. His two sons, Curt, Jr and Max, run the day-to-day operation. Their grandmother even lives there ! There are about 60 folks in each building - Independent and Assisted. We have worked with both Curt, Sr and Curt Jr and they are extremely nice - helpful - thourogh - and just give you that good feeling that Mom will be taken really good care of ! They have answered our every question and met our every need thus far.

This family owned and opera...

This family owned and operated facility is charming, with old school elegance. The grand staircase and piano set the tone for its quaint atmosphere. The exercise room was a mere closet with a couple of pieces of equipment and an old school TV. There were few residents out on their own. One resident was getting medical attention in the garden room. The apts were spacious and open floor plan. The balconies were more like porches and the major asset of the units. The kitchenettes had ample counter & cabinet space (room for toaster oven, coffee maker, & hot plate or grill). Full-size refrigerator and microwave are provided. Only one elevator was available. There is no pool but transportation to senior center is provided. The assisted living is in a separate build.

I am happy so far with everything. The people at Ashton Senior Living has helped with any questions we have.

small, intimate - like the ...

small, intimate - like the fact that it's family run. Not luxurious but nice. Large apt - he says 1000 sq ft but it's not that big. NOT a good view, no outdoor space except a very narrow yard. I get the impression that it is well managed and the care would be really good.

Spacious 3 floors of apartm...

Spacious 3 floors of apartments for independent living in a group building. Several nice floor plans. Excellent staff and management. Rooms with small kitchen areas available. Community living room, library party room and dining room. some front porches on Shady side but very little green space. All inclusive pricing and VA benefits available. Weekly excursions and shopping and on site hair appointments. Elevator to 2nd and 3rd floor.

This is the right place.

Anna is an ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL caregiver. She knows the patients, knows their health issues, and goes out of her way to make the residents feel loved. I feel very confident in her ability to provide the kind of care that my mother-in-law needs.

Didn't follow through

They weren't bad but they aren't doing what they say they're going to do, they keep saying that they would do things with them but mainly all I ever saw them doing is putting them in the tv room and sitting with them and watching tv. The only real activity I saw them doing was running to the food at mealtime.
Moms situation was so different from probably a lot of people there, she went from being in a memory care to just going way downhill in 5 weeks, she was just done. She had been living with my brother and sister in law and she was at the point where she needed someone to be with her 24 hours a day and they couldn't do that.

Anna was very informative a...

Anna was very informative and we like the looks of the home.

He's happy here

They're going good, they actually are. It's decent, he's happy there and that's what really counts.

Horrible place, would NOT recommend

It's a nightmare, I wouldn't recommend it to anybody. A lady called me whose mother is still there and she was screaming and crying about it. The people, they would really hound you to death and the people are heavily medicated, they would hound me to get more medication for my mom. It looks nice on the outside, but it's really not a good place at all. It's family owned and they have a lot of real young women and a lot of turnoever. There's one director that really terrorizes everybody. Doctors, healthcare people whispered to me "get her out of there." These young girls, they don't have the same experience of care of people who have been there 10 years, its the staff that makes the difference. Curt is a hollarer, I think they grew up in a home where they yelled at each other and they yell at the people there.

Horrible Care! Rude Staff!

The day we moved in the air conditioning didn't work and they woudn't do anything about it. They just said that's the way it works. My mother's room would get up to 80 degrees.

The food was wonderful. That's the only positive thing I have to say about it. It's very pretty and spacious but the staff are rude to the patients or inmates as my mother says. My mother told me she'd rather live in a dog house in the back yard than Ashton Gardens.

The give them the medications once a day at 7 am so my mother was getting her methodone, percocet and another medication all at once and four days in a row she had fallen by breakfast.

My mother was delirious and we took her to the hospital for a psych evaluation and she was severely dehydrated with a blood sugar level of 40. That's why she was delirious! Their solution was to put her in a locked unit and not tell us about it.

We moved our mom there for ...

We moved our mom there for a very short two months. The food is great, but the people are hateful and mean. The owners moved our mom out to the assisted living without our knowledge the only 2 days were were not there.

I couldn't ask for better!

I can sing their praises to the rooftops! There are 6 women residents in this house and a full round the clock staff and of course my mother needs more attention to make sure she doesn't fall again. Anna, the owner of Legacy Personal Care Home, agreed to come and see my mom in the hospital and agreed to have her come to her home. My mother has already begun to have sun downing issues. She's given them a lot of hard times but they've stood by her and they've stood by my. I couldn't ask for it to be better.

Help with V.A. Benefits

This is one who agree to help get my aunt V.A. benefits and not have to go through a company.
The associates were very friendly and helpful. The other residents all greeted my aunt and told her helpful hints and to not rush unpacking.

Very nice. Too expensive f...

Very nice. Too expensive for Mom.

Friendly and helpful

The location of this home is convenient and they were helpful on the financial side of things. The overall friendly demeanor of the staff was also a deciding factor in selecting the Ashton Hall.

Ashton Senior Living

Ashton Hall Senior Living is a beautiful place with loving, caring staff. The management has been very supportive and welcomed my many, many questions. The facility is very clean and the room my mother is in is quite adequate in size. I haven't seen the residents involved in as many activities as I would like but most do congregate together in the large gathering area.

Didn't like the location of...

Didn't like the location of the home or the room.

I really, really liked this place. It...

I really, really liked this place. It was beautiful with lots of events on their calendar. I liked the feel of it and the staff seemed very nice.I am going to consider this one.

Great location. Nice facility with t...

Great location. Nice facility with transition to assisted living possible - they feel she is suited for independent living and a studio apartment is available for $2600 per month. Would move her in and then apply for additional assistance from VA (another $500/mo.) Nice apt, nice common areas and dining room. Lots of activities and people to socialize with. Bathing assistance and med assistance included as well as cable, utilities, phone. Necklace alert system provided to each resident to alert staff if a problem occurs. Can use wheelchair throughout. Patio seating.

From the listing of amenities, this m...

From the listing of amenities, this might be a place we would consider.

Ashton Hall is dedicated to create an environment that facilitates continuous quality care for your loved one.
All people, regardless of age have the same basic human needs. When advanced age and health impairment occur, a modified physical and humane environment becomes necessary for those needs to be met
People who are vulnerable due to disability or general frailty, can achieve the highest level or life satisfaction in a residential setting and a community environment.
Legacy Personal Care Home offers a family environment where an amazing client per staff ratio allows our team to provide personalized care and individual attention to our residents.
Residents receive 24-hour watchful oversight, along with a variety of supportive services including personal care assistance, medication management, health related services as well as socialization and leisure activities.
Through supervision and assistance with physical and mental stimulation, our dedicated team can maintain or improve the residents level of functioning, allowing them to remain healthy and enjoy their golden years.