Lantern Crest Senior Living - Santee, CA

Lantern Crest Senior Living - Santee, CA has yet not published prices.

We came for a tour and decided to stay

My husband and I live here and everything has been wonderful. One thing that they offered that other places didn’t was villas with pretty yards and a wonderful view. We really liked the idea of having our own little house. Everybody that works here is so kind, sweet, and attentive. They’re very professional and as quick as they can be to meet your needs and that’s from the gardeners all the way to the top. The food is wonderful and the head chef and kitchen staff are very open to suggestions. If there’s something that people don’t like, it disappears off the menu. The waiters are the sweetest people in the world and it just amazes me. The service is a little show and I’m not sure why but I think it’s maybe because they cook every meal individually. But if you tell them they forgot something, they’ll fix it right away and do little sweet things for you. The only big negative we’ve found is that we don’t really like the cable company the facility provides for us. But the maintenance staff is always here to help and give us suggestions on how to work around any issues we have. They really do everything they can to make us as happy as possible. The other residents seem to be very happy and it’s just overall a friendly place.

Not a good fit

The Lantern Crest Senior Living Community was a nice community. It was very clean and well-kept. All of our family members did not have a good feeling or communicate well the director. We also chose another community that was a better fit for our budget.

Great Place For Assisted Living

It has become clear that we placed my wife in the wrong facility and therefore we will have to move her.She requires much more extensive care for medical than this community is able to do. They are great for assisted living for people that don't need major one on one help. During my wife stay here she really liked the staff I think they went a little above and beyond what they were supposed to do to try and help my wife out. She was very comfortable in her room. She had always said she liked the food.

After touring several communities we finally found one that met my mothers wish list. The community is very nice clean, well maintained and doesn't have any funny odors to it. The staff is always friendly, smiling and helpful. There are quite a few things to do and events to socialize with the other residents who are friendly as well. I think it has been good for both of them to be there and meet new people .The food is quite good

There is no way I would place my mother here

My tour here was not a good one, I felt it was over rated and that the person who was giving the tour wanted me to think they were the best of the best and I definitely did not feel that way about the community.

My Thoughts From the Tour

The tour I had was fine. It was a good view of the community. Everything is saw was good. I was looking for a place that was more small with the homelike atmosphere. The person I met with was nice and professional.

My Thought Of The Tour

This community looks pretty when you first see it. We did not get the best feeling when we toured this community. The staff to resident ratio was a little lower than what we were looking for. I just did not feel comfortable with the whole process.

Wonderful facility!

My mother's stay at Lantern Crest is going wonderfully! The facility is kept very well maintained and the staff are sure to cater to my loved one's needs. They have quite an extensive menu, and the activities are quite adequate.

Comfortable apartments.

I've shared a meal with my mother-in-law and they have excellent food. This was her husband's first choice and they were able to move here together. Their room is more like a studio apartment. Their apartment features a living space, bathroom and bedroom. It gives them much more space and comfort.

A bit too big!

During out tour of the Lantern Crest Senior Living, we noticed that the Assisted Living side was a bit dark and dreary. Also, the facility was larger than we wanted, we were looking for something smaller and more homelike.

Really beautiful place....considering

Positive atmosphere!

My mother in law is adjusting well since her move. She is happy with everything, she likes the meals and the staff. Everyone wears name tags so that they will all know each other's names. Everyone, both the staff and residents, are very friendly and it makes it a pleasant experience.

Care away from home.

This is a very plesant community. The staff are very considerate to the needs of a loved one. The menu seems very nice. Activities are available to those who want to join in. We would recommend the care and value to other families.

Felt like an institution!!

The first impression I had gotten from this community during my tour was it was too much like an institution. Too much concrete and not enough greenery! I wanted my mom to be in more of a garden setting, in a place that felt like a home. This felt like an impersonal high-rise apartment building or hospital to me. I did not get a warm, cozy feeling it was too much like a hospital. Also, I felt the cost was a bit much for what was provided.

Beautiful property !!

This was one of my top choices of different properties I had toured for my grandmother. They had a beautiful layout not only on the inside but outside as well. Everything looked new and I could tell they where a very clean facility by how well rooms where maintained. I have no complaints it was just too expensive for my grandmothers budget.

Nice facility with a variety of activities including outdoor pool. Apartments have kitchens and stacked washer/dryer. Staff seems to know people by name. Have not sampled food. Is pet friendly.

This community is worth taking a look at!!

The staff we met during our tour were nice. They seem to offer a lot of different activities. This community was not as close to the family as we would have liked. The community seemed clean.