Baron's Presidio - Decatur Cottage - San Diego, CA

Did a great job here

They did a great job here, and eventually they got my loved one back in good enough health that she was able to move back home with family! I liked that this facility only had about 4 residents, the smaller setting meant she got a lot more individual attention and care. The place was also very clean, and had a great homey atmosphere. They are definitely worth a look.

Great care

They do try and engage them and keep them active. We chose Baron's based on location, price, care, the services they offer seemed approprate. I'm totally thrilled with Esther, the owener's very nice, they just really look out for him. They communicate really well with me and they're just really looking out for him. The only problem is he's not active in body, more active in mind and he would like to have more interaction with the other residents and they aren't really active. but the caregiver was giving me suggestions on where to take him during the day to get him more involved but so far we haven't foudn anything that fits.

Better Evaluations

We were not happy with Baron's Presidio. We had a few issues that could have been avoided. Would like to see their evaluation process improve. They make you feel like they can provide certain level of care. Ensure they complete a proper evaluation of loved one and ensure they are able to provide the care that would be needed.

no place for a couple -1 single with ...

no place for a couple -1 single with private bath, one single w/o. nice, close, patients are drugged, 6000+ ratio of caregiver to guests not good.