Kenosha Brookside Care Ctr - Kenosha, WI

Kenosha Brookside Care Ctr - Kenosha, WI has yet not published prices.

Giant Community and Good for Rehab

My mother was at Brookside when she was recovering from gallbladder surgery. It was too large of a community for someone with Alzheimer's. I had to show a presence and really get involved with my mom's care, but they did take good care of her. It is very clean, but it seems like a hospital. My mom had to share a bathroom, and activity in the halls kept her awake at night. They had a schedule for cleaning clothes, and it is so large that we lost a few clothes at first, but they found them eventually. It was good for rehab, but not necessarily for long-term.

Horrible Experience

Nasty stuff! My brother's father-in-law was there for rehab that was a bad experience. He got an infection and was sent to the hospital. He was in intensive care for a couple of weeks because of the infection. Because Brookside was supposedly ranked top in the state they thought maybe it was a fluke and they sent him back after the hospital. He was there a couple more months and he got sores on the back of his feet and they neglected them. He's always in bed and because the family never checked his feet they didn't know they were there but the staff certainly should have known and treated them but they didn't. He ended up back in the hospital and they've since removed part of his foot. They refused to let him go back to Brookside.