Jewish Home Lifecare, Harry & Jeanette Weinberg Campus, Bronx - Bronx, NY

Jewish Home Lifecare, Harry & Jeanette Weinberg Campus, Bronx - Bronx, NY has yet not published prices.

Better than dying in Calcutta but not by much

My father was at the jewish home for rehab several times. After he became to sick to live at home, he entered long term care. Rehab was okay as long as my father was functioning mentally. Once he lost his mental functioning, they stopped trying with him. He was there for almost four months and finally passed away yesterday. The time my father was there was without a doubt, the most dehumanizing experience any member of my family has ever experienced. Many times when I visited there would be one nurse for 30 people. The PCA's run the place, basically. There are a few kind ones but by and large most of them could give two sh**s about the people they care for. The place is filthy, a saw mice in the dining hall. Surprisingly, The medical staff always seemed to know what was going on although they rarely stopped by when were there and do not set the tone. In short, It's better than dying in Calcutta, but not by much.

Understaffed

The doctor is a [removed]. They are understaffed. I overheard an aide say "they were all soiled so I left to go to lunch"