Beautiful place, lots of nature and place to walk outside. Just one mile of all the stores you may need to shop and dinne but still to far away for our family. Cottages are start of looking old and in need of some update for the price they ask. People are very friendly and do feel like home inside the main building. We enjoy very much lunch with two residents . They were lovely and love living there too. The cottages have small kitchen so you have one meal per day inside. Food was nice. Prices are a little to high for what they offer.

My tour for care

I toured this for my care and home. I liked what they had to offer and I liked the staff and the environment. they had meals that were healthy and the actives I would have liked. Others would like this community and I would highly recommend it to others.

Nice Tour Of This Facility

I had a pleasant tour of this facility, and everyone was very kind. The staff was informative. and helpful. All my questions were answered. The community looked good. Everything went well overall, but I did find another community that suited my needs better.

A beautiful community for care.

I like this community for my mom's care. The staff are nice and friendly. The staff are very helpful and try assisting her with have meals with other residents. We like the beautiful environment. We have seen the menu and they offer alot of choices for her. She is offered to participate with the other residents, but home in time she will be more active. Her room is very beautiful and all new appliances and carpet.

Mom is Doing Well in This Community

So far I'am satisfied with my mothers move to this community. It is a nice community, with a very helpful staff. I'am pleased with all they have done for us. They do a good job with the cleanliness of the community. The staff is very kind, and friendly. The experience is going well for my mother in this community, and I would recommend it.

Mother's Great care

I like this community for my mom. The staff is very kind and helpful. The food appears to be very good. She does like the activities and is staying active. We would recommend this beautiful community to other families. We like that it is close to us to visit more often.

Beautiful place, food is excellent, but self pay so if you have long term insurance it won't pay. Wonderful if it fits for you. they offer free weekend stays to decide

Comfortable Living !!

My loved one seems to be really enjoying her meals and dinning experience at this community. The staff have made my mothers bedroom peaceful and comfortable as well as making sure that her bed sheets and laundry is washed once a week.

Excellent Care

This is a wonderful community for my mom. The staff is excellent and always goes out of there way to make sure that my mom is taken care of. The food here seems to be good and she seems very pleased with the variety. They do have alot of activities to help stay active, but my mom is not participating at this time. This is a outstanding community for anyone needing excellent care.

Still Adjusting, But Overall Pleased

My loved one is still adjusting to this community, but I know she is being cared for well. They have a wonderful staff here. They are very helpful and caring. The community looks really nice, it a very well maintained place. There are nice activities offered for her when she is ready to participate. They are providing her with great care. This is a community I would recommend, because I know she is in good hands here.

Amazing place, I would live there myself in the future.

Iris Place is an amazing little place. My mom has come alive since being there. Only thing she doesn't like sometimes is the food. They serve healthy meals in healthy portions. The place is always clean, there's a lady who comes and cleans the rooms as well. The staff is amazing, they get right in there with the residents. I've said that I'd live there in the future. Everyone there is happy, and so nice, they're not down. They have activities to do all day long. Fridays they can go out on the bus and go different places. I would tell others if you want somewhere you can feel safe and happy about your loved one being it would be this community. I never dreamed it would work out this well. I love going there to visit my mother.

Quite Happy

Our situation was kind of complex and problematic, but they were so helpful and cooperative and bent over backwards to make it work and I appreciate it very much and now my loved one is settled in and adjusted and she is really quite happy there.

Home away from Home

The staff is friendly, helpful, and caring. It is so comforting to know that our loved one is in the hands of such qualified and loving people.

We love it.

It's very clean there and it has a lot activities to offer. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The Iris Place is close to a lot of shops and entertainment venues.

Nice facility but after touring and seeing what is offered, independent living is not the place for us. I think we need to steer more toward assisted living. Enjoyed meeting some of the staff, also.

Nice place, friendly staff

Overall things have gone very well with Iris Place! It is a nice looking, clean, well kept facility, and the staff all seem very friendly and caring. We have had a few small issues with their maintenance staff, the apartment Mom moved into had a few little problems that took a little too long to get resolved. But overall a nice place.

Nice place, but not a good fit for me

This was a nice place overall, but it just didn't end up working out well for me. I'd give them high marks on their food, the activities, and their accommodations in general. However, I was just spending too much of my day in the dining room, or getting to and from it. The dining service could be slow, and I was located far from the dining room. It was a nice place overall, however, and worth a look to others looking in the area!

Iris Place

For the cost, it can be disappointing, but may have to just do with timing. The elevator has been broken down a lot of the time since my father moved in and with mostly older people this has been a big problem and the food is very ho-hum and takes a really long time to get. Meals take almost two hours from start to finish--at least when I ate there. The managers are hit and miss--one couple is great and helpful, the other can be pretty rude. The place is clean which is a plus and they have housekeepers that come in on a weekly basis that change the sheets and vacuum and dust lightly, but if you need your fridge cleaned, etc. you'll have to do it yourself. Again, for the price I would expect a bit more, but there are not a lot of options in the immediate Athens area.

my mom at Iris Place

a wonderful place for my mom...great caring people who can't do enough for you or the people who live there
from getting my mom to doctor appoinments to outside activities. The food is great also..

We are not getting what we are paying for there.

We are not getting what we are paying for there. The food program isn't good at all. The chef, has no idea how to run a kitchen, he doesn't know how to order. The menu is printed for the week, and he will say we are out of this and this. There is supposed to be an alternate menu that is always available and they are out of things all the time. One night they had nothing but a salad because they were out of everything, and the portions are very small. Everybody has to come to eat at once, and she will sit for an hour and forty minutes, just waiting for food. The management doesn't seem to care, I wouldn't recommend it to anybody. They don't ignore you, but they don't seem to be in a great hurry to address issues that aren't an emergency. They do have a good array of exercise classes, and there always seems to be something going on.

Best part is the food

The food here at Iris Place is just excellent. The food is the most outstanding thing about the community. The camaraderie between all the residents is a really great here too, they all just get along and seem to be just fine. We are very pleased with them and would recommend them to anyone.

Very impressive array of ac...

Very impressive array of activities, even a writers' group, and friendly, happy residents. Three meals a day at set times. The drawbacks are the lack of a full kitchen and the long walk from parking to the room we saw. Rates may go up after July 31.

needs not met, no step in ...

needs not met, no step in shower, not clean, too many people for me.

a wonderful 'Place for Mom'

This community is spectacular - they welcomed my mother with open arms - Mother is an outgoing soon to be 90 year old who loves people and participates in almost all that that community offers. We and delighted to say that we made a wonderful choice and Mother looks forward to many happy years at Iris Place....

LOVE IT BUT CAN'T AFFORD

LOVE IT BUT CAN'T AFFORD

We visited several (1) bedroom, (1) 2...

We visited several (1) bedroom, (1) 2 bedroom,and (1) Cottage. We liked everything we saw.

VERY nice

VERY nice

Winner of three Readers' Choice Awards for Best Retirement Community, visit us and you’ll see why. Situated on beautiful grounds with gracefully elegant facilities, we’re just minutes from the charming town of Athens. You’ll enjoy being close to shopping, entertainment, wonderful dining and excellent healthcare.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind