Independence Village of Waterstone - Oxford, MI

Very nice place.

Review of Independence Village

Very nice community, clean, very friendly.

Review of Independence Village

Staff is very active in the safety of residents.

Review of Independence Village

Very helpful. I work for the charter and staff was great!!!

Clean, well-organized

ACTIVITIES

The evenings are incredibly boring. Popping in a movie
most nights and calling it an activity is wrong.
Card nights often don't have enough people to have a
game.

There doesn't seem to be any interest in attempting to
add anything to the evening roster. There are often LONELY residents walking around bored, looking for ANYTING AT ALL to do!

Erin Kessler

Hello Anne,

Thank you for leaving a review. We have outlined a standard of at least 6 activities held at our community throughout the day, ending at about 7:30 PM. Our activities are designed to target the dimensions of wellness including daily social, artistic, educational, spiritual and physical activities. If you have any specific suggestions on activities you would like to see on the calendar, please reach out to your Life Enrichment Director or Executive Director. We are completely open to new ideas regardless of the timing of the event. We look forward to speaking with you further. Thank you.

Review of Independence Village

I have been caring for a resident here for over a year no and you could not ask for a better staff or management. All the residents are great and so friendly. They have everyday all day activities. The food is amazing with many choices. I love when I walk down the halls and everyone is so kind, always with a smile. It is one of the most beautiful places inside out, by far.

Review of Independence Village

My mom lives in IV and loves it here. Everyone is so nice. I live across the street and visit often.

Review of Independence Village

We love the staff and all the help our aunt gets here. Thank you to all

Review of Independent Village

The staff here treats the residents like family. Facility is clean and easy to move around in.

Review of Independence Village of Waterstone

I work as a subcontractor in the salon. This senior community is extremely clean, friendly & genuinely concerned about the residents. The activity director is outstanding, going over & above. I love serving this community & it's residents.

Review of Independence Village of Waterstone

This is a very nice community. There is all kinds of activities for the residents to take advantage of. The employees are respectful and helpful.

Independence Village of Waterstone review

Place is awesome, people are helpful & friendly

Independence Village of Waterstone review

One of the cleanest & nicest senior living establishments I have been in. "Piano Player" I've seen many

This location looks awesome and the employees were very friendly. This is a great place & very clean.

Personnel were very helpful

Wonderful surroundings. Friendly & helpful staff attempt to get feedback from residents and try to make things better based on suggestions made. Many great activities and special events where family members can participate.

A really good place to share mom and dad.

Both my mom and dad couldn't stay in their own house in Empire anymore. The family was too far away to help them so my brothers found Independence Village which was closer to them. My mom helped dad but had the help she needed from the staff if she couldn't handle it. The staff was so great and treated them like they were their own mom and dad. We couldn't have asked for a better place.

Full of love

What a wonderful community to be at. Everyone including staff, residents, family and friends are a delight to be with. It's is bright, warm, clean and full of sunshine.

It's a Great Place to Live!

Independence Village of Waterstone is amazing! It is in the center of a beautiful subdivision that has lakes and a golf course. It feels like you are at a resort! The staff always calls me by name and Mom loves the care givers. There brunch is awesome too!

Review of Independence Village

Beautiful 2 bedroom, thank you for the lovely lunch!

Review of Independence Village

Enjoyed the presentation. Apartments are beautiful!

Review of Independence Village

A beautiful all inclusive community. wonderful knowledgeable staff that is truly caring.

Review of Independence Village

love it!! really open minded & opportunities as well!

Review of Independence Village

Warm & welcoming community. I can feel how dedicated the staff is. I would be happy to refer independence to friends & family.

Review of Independence Village

Very informative presentation! I learned a lot about senior living! independence village looks like a great place to love and offers many amenities!

Review of Independence Village

My mother lived here for 7 happy years! She made many friends, enjoyed the activities, especially the bus rides. Everyone is nice! helpful.

Review of Independence Village

Beautiful community. Have toured many facilities in the past and this one by far has been the best with the most amenities.

Review of independence Village

We appreciate the room, staff they are so friendly.

Review of independence Village

Beautiful place, I toured the rooms last year. They are very nice!

Review of Independence Village of Waterstone - Oxford, MI

We appreciates the room use. They are so friendly.

Review of Independence Village of Waterstone - Oxford, MI

Beautiful place. I toured the rooms last year. They are very nice.

Review of Independence Village of Waterstone - Oxford, MI

Very clean and attentive personal.
Everyone was friendly and sociable.

Review of Independence Village of Waterstone - Oxford, MI

Beautiful facility. Beautiful gathering of family in your gathering room.
Happy to know my aunt and uncle have a wonderful place to enjoy their lives at. Friendly staff too.
I’m from Jackson, MI

Review of Independence Village of Waterstone - Oxford, MI

The staff here is very friendly and helpful. If someone can’t answer my question, they will find someone who can. I am impressed with all the activities this facility has to offer (though unfortunately, my mom doesn’t participate). I’m also impressed with the cleanliness of Independence village!! Housekeeping, can you please empty my mom’s trash cans when you come to clean? Thank you!

Review of Independence Village of Waterstone - Oxford, MI

We were so impressed with the entire campus & employees. What a great, loving group.

Very beautiful setting!

Beautiful community. Offers many amenities.

Clean and friendly when I visit. Families that live here appear happy.

Beautiful, Friendly

The staff are absolutely amazing! The community is beautiful, a place I would like to retire to!

Beautiful place to call home.

Activities are well planned.

Facility is beautiful, there are many areas for family to interact with loved ones. Grandparent’s room is nice.

Facility is nice. Activities are well planned.
Only complaint is the food my mom can’t eat dinner with any spices on the food.

Over all everything is great here but the food needs to be improved.

Great looking community.

[Removed] couldn’t be more of a help when I am at this location. She is always kind and polite. She always makes score she smiles and tells you hi and good bye.

Beautiful inside and out – great outside space. Very kind people.

Like being on a cruise ship... Top notch! A lot of fun going on!

My mother lives here and she is very happy. She has made lots of friends and stays very busy doing different things. She even wishes she would have moved in sooner!

I attended an event here and the food was very good, and the building was beautiful. People were very friendly.

Friendly staff, clean environment.

I attended an event here and enjoyed it very much the people are very kind who work here, and the residents seem very happy.

Outstanding service provided by [Removed] today. She is a gem!!!
[Removed] (in the dining room) continues to be as sweet as ever.
Always a smile from those at the front desk.

Nice place, friendly staff.

Nice and friendly staff, very clean and happy environment.

Great, friendly place. Everyone is so nice and accommodating.

My dad lived here from 2005 till 2010. These were the best times for him to be around others near his age, having him not worry about taking care of chores. His health improved, enjoyed the food, and the trips he would go on. Thank you for extending his life and the friends that he had at Independence Village.

My mother resided at Independence Village for over 6 years. Their staff in all area RS of operation was excellent. At no time during her stay did we ever have to worry about her care. Cannot imagine a similar facility having staff more kind and caring. Clean and beautifully decorated! Surrounding community as well.

Nice place, friendly staff.

Nice and friendly staff, very clean and happy environment.

Great, friendly place. Everyone is so nice and accommodating.

My dad lived here from 2005 till 2010. These are the best times for him to be around others near his age, having him not worry about taking care of chores. His health improves, enjoyed the food, and the trips, he would go on. Thank you fun extending his life and the friends that he had at Independence Village.

TLC

I am very happy with the good care that is given here. We like that the community is clean and maintained. The menu is good and he likes the nice variety. The activities are helpful for him to participate. We would recommend this community for the excellent care of loved one's needs. And a good value for care

My mother was a resident in the assisted living community. During her short stay, we found the staff was friendly, courteous, and helpful and seemed to care a great deal about mom’s welfare. They properly responded to any need she might have. The services (laundry, cleaning, maintenance, special help for activities, etc.) were great. Mom liked the people who helped care for her and truly enjoyed being at Independence Village. I couldn’t have been more satisfied!

Great facility, wonderful care givers.

Dad loved living at Independence Village of Waterstone! The employees were very kind and gracious toward his needs. He enjoyed meeting some new people and had relief from caring for a home and yard. I highly recommend them!

My mother lived at Independence Village for over six years. The accommodations are very good, the staff is extremely friendly and attentive, and management is very supportive. We can’t say enough about [Removed] and her staff – very caring!
Thank you for everything!

My mother always felt safe, and comfortable while living at Independence Village of waterstone.

Great for independent living clean/safe.
Caring helpful staff in all areas.
Good food and activities.
Weekly church service.
Very good value for retirees.

My mom lived here for 6 plus years. She became like family to the staff. They treated her with love from day one. In the end, they were there to support her, and our family.
I miss seeing everyone the care is the best.

Mom lived here and made some good friends. The staff are always cheerful and outgoing, willing to help any way they can. The facilities were always clean and tidy, and the food very good. Our thanks to everyone there!

Great place – only one complaint from mom about the food, could be improved.

I love this place for my mom.
She lived there for 13 years.
She made friends and we made friends and all the staff loved my mom, she was 7 weeks from her 103 birthday when she left us to be with her lord and savior.

My mother has lived in Independence Village Waterstone since May 2008. While over the past 9 years there were a few small hiccups, (such things are expected in large organizations), the overall service, care, professionalism and compassion exhibited to my mother by all members of the Independence Village staff have been exceptional. My mother in law also resided in the harbor side for a brief time. Her care takers were extraordinary. I would recommend this facility to anyone. Acceptance of Medicare/Medicard would be helpful to many, I’m sure.

No problems. Activities are wonderful!

So far so good.

I have lived here for 13 years. I love it!

Friendly, good people. Good food.

Very pleasant. Light / open.

Staff is good. Very helping. Beautiful grounds.

Residents are wonderful. Great staff. Beautiful property.

Very nice. Pleasant, welcoming and friendly.

Lovely place to live. Staff is friendly and helpful.

Great grounds and great activities!

Wonderful. Friendly.

Its fine. No problem.

Very nice. Pleasant. Easy to live here.

My mother has lived there for going on seven years. The care, kindness and attention has beyond all expectations. The housekeeping and dining room has been problematic over the years but nothing too upsetting and management. Tries so hard to make things right. Always striving to improve. The staff is beyond incredible! Love them all.

We have been here for almost 7 years. Others than the high cost of the assisted side. I love the staff [Removed] [Removed] and [Removed] at the front desk to the caring RA’s ([Removed]) – to the amazing food staff ([Removed]) to having a wonderful nurse ([Removed]) (on staff) has been a blessing. I have never walked in and not been completely happy. The staff and keeping the facility clean is all that matters. Although much competition in the area now.

Great community.
Wonderful staff.

Very friendly staff.

Independence Village offers many things the senior community needs, including multiple social activities daily to caring and compassionate staff and on site medical personnel. Every person on site, seniors and staff, seem to be truly happy!

I can’t imagine making a better choice.
Great people.

Great place! She loves it here!

This is the only “community” I have ever lived in but I’m sure it must be one of the better ones! I can say this for a number of reasons perhaps to many to list, but at the top would be the staff. I have been here twice. Once with my wife for 1 ½ years and now, of later, 5 years alone. In all of these times I have yet to hear of any of staff members being less than helpful and caring. I thank them and all formatting me comfortable and safe here at the village.

Great place for my grandmother. We are very happy she is here. Everyone is friendly and the food is great. Beautiful building and grounds.

Great place to live, lots of fun things to do.

I’m impressed with the high school – the kids, the talent they have. Good shopping, nice ambulance personnel, nice subdivisions – good variety of restaurants and the people are friendly.

The last of five “senior” living facilities I visited before making a choice. I’m not sorry I waited--- Found Medical – Laundry – Housekeeping - Food and staff very professional at Independence village of water. I made a good choice!!
Any questions please call!
“Not Sorry”

The staff is excellent and very professional.
The food is always great every time I dine in with my grandmother.

What a great place!

Nice and caring people working at facility.

Great.
Mom thanks. She stays at a luxury hotel.

My mother has lived here for a little over a year. She loves it here everyone is so nice.
Nice activities and great food.
Brunch once a month is awesome!

I love this community I feel its one big family. All of the staff is well trained, warm and friendly, they give us top quality service. The meals are extremely will prepared and fairy. The staff out of their way to make you feel good? The other member where live here are friendly.

Very Great!!!
Staff is great!!

Well it’s not my “home” but the people are really nice and I enjoy church on Wednesday. It Bingo’s.

This facility and its workers are amazing. I feel very comfortable having my mother reside here. The only downfall is the signage and lack of direction in the hallways. It is so easy to miss the elevator and such. Everyone always says “hi” and it’s a nice alternative for our mom.

Amazing! The difference in my grandparent’s mood is awesome.

Very nice community. Upscale slightly different product than Walton wood main.
Great referral source for our families in north Oakland Country when we are full.

Every one that works here are great, friendly, helpful, the food line much a better hope, but they are working on that. Residents are friendly.

My grandparents live being here. They are doing well.

Everyone who works here are always very friendly and helpful.
There are a lot of things offered here to occupy a person’s time which is very nice. (My mom doesn’t participate)

This is a great place to live your older year.
Friends and activities.

Clean, all employees [are] very pleasant & helpful. Lovely grounds. Nice activities, always improvement

Wonderful and safe place to live. Been here 9 years.

It is an excellent place for senior living. The staff is great, many activities and a great loving atmosphere.

Lived here nearly 2 years now and find things smooth and easy here, everyone so nice and happy to help solve whatever problem I think. I have so much better than living in my condo. Like the TV commercial says “all I do is dress go to dinner don’t have to shop, don’t have to cook – don’t have to do dishes.

I have not been here a long time, but I am starting to feel like home.
I would like to have “more” “activities”.
I would like more short trips in the area.

Very good!!!
Exchange of this main directors do a very good job in their apartments – if anything needs to be done. They try to get it taken Cary as soon as possible.

I like:
1. Exercise room.
2. The library
3. Good staff.
4. Good entertainment for parties.
I dislike:
1. Dining room chairs.
2. Men’s bathroom floor sticky.
3. Need more activities on weekends.

I’ve been here 8 years and very satisfied.
They could improve on the food.

I have been a resident here in Oxford, for almost 8 years. I have enjoyed good health and made many friends.
The atmosphere is enjoyable with many activities. The workers here give us the opportunity to work at something and play as well. We are the part taker of god’s word!

I like it here.

Everyone here can’t be beat. The most caring folks like ever meant.
Their all keeper!
Just like family.

I have enjoyed the activities here and try to participate when I can. The area is safe and nice to walk around in nice weather. I do miss my friends in [Removed] though. we enjoy days out and go on a variety of shopping tips. I appreciate using the shuttle as much as I do. [Removed], my dog, loves the attention he gets from everyone.

Excellent place to live at this time of our life. Everyone is congenial and know us by name. Our girls at the front desk are always helpful. We also have the best nurse. Our chefs do their best to meet our needs.
My one complaint would be the laundry facilities, management is thoughtful and kind. We would recommend it!

My mother has lived at Independence Village since august of 2011. From the moment she moved in the staff, residents and dining room help has been nothing but superb! She is now on the assisted living side and my family is equally as impressed with the care my mom gets! It is like a family at Independence Village. I can’t say enough about it!

It is nice to get help if it need it. People are friendly. I would rather live in my home but I came.

Independence village has been such a blessing for my grandma and my family.

Independence Village waterstone has been a blessing for our family. My father has become disabled over the past year, due to illness, and the staff has been wonderful in supporting his transition from Independent to assisted living. Facility is clean and well maintained. Food is excellent, staff is like family.

Property is beautiful and well maintained lovely for walking. Many daily activities indoor and outdoor. Church services, various denominations, visit regularly.
Exercise programs 6 days a week, dancing, valley Ball (set down), many enjoy working puzzles.
Entertainment for birthday, monthly.
Bus service for groceries and doctor visits etc.

This facility has a unique setting of ten landscaped acres abutting lake. The one and two story building is well maintained and offers a variety of apartment sizes and configurations, some with fireplaces.
It is surrounded by upscale suburban homes that offer quiet walking paths.
The friendly staff provides routine and necessary services. This may be supplemented by an associated resident aid service if needed.
A recently obtained chef is steadily improving the dinner service. While breakfast items are self-serve, lunches may be purchased at reasonable cost.

The grounds are beautiful and are great for outside walking. The staff are very pleasant and waiting to help with any problems.
The other residents are friendly and make living here a pleasant experience.

It’s a nice place to live. Everything is fairly close so live don’t have to travel far for our needs, everyone here is very friendly. It is very clean and nicely kept, good. Could be better but it’s not bad. There is lots to do so and few don’t get bored. Grounds are beautiful and a joy to look at.

I would like to see the parking improved. Very clean and people are very nice to deal with. Food is pretty good most of the time. I think for what it cost to live here people should get lunch included. Either have dinner a little later on Sundays or have two meals.

Sister Loves This Community

My sister loves this community, and she is doing very well since her move here. I'am very satisfied with her move here, this is a really nice community. The staff is great. They have been very helpful, and are responsive to any concerns we may have. She loves the staff. The meals are good, she likes the food. They come twice a week to clean her apartment, and they do a good with the cleanliness overall. They have accommodated her, and her cats very well. This is a community I would highly recommend.

Such a well-run, clean and beautiful environment!
I wish I could have placed my mother here!
Great Place.

Wonderful, friendly staff, clean and beautiful!

I love this facility! I work for a private preschool and we have come together for events and they have always been a great turnout. The building is welcoming and the staff is friendly looking forward to what else they have to offer the community in the future.

I am here once a week to over banking services to the residents. It is a very calm place and the residents seem very happy.

The staff is compassionate and caring. I am a pastor in the area and work occasionally with the chaplain when there is a care need.

Beautiful! Have heard wonderful things about your facility.

A positive experince!!

My mother is doing very well at the Independence Village of Waterstone. They have caring staff and they have really made my loved one feel comfortable and at home. I am happy with our choice.

Excellent facility and Staff!

We as a family decided that it was no longer safe for our mother to be alone in her home. My mother was not pleased to be "sent" to a facility. After looking into two other facilities in the area we chose I. Village Waterstone. It wasn't even a close comparison with the other facilities. The transition wasn't easy for my mom or our family however, the staff at Waterstone worked with all of our concerns and made us as a family feel welcome. They were also attentive to our concerns and timely in their adjustments to any care that was required. The staff treats the residents as though they are all family and I know that sounds cliche, but it was evident every time that I spoke with someone about their genuine concern for our mother. They were there to assist us as a family with one of the most stressful situations we have dealt with as a family with regards to our mothers care. But, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Independence Village Waterstone to anyone who is looking for a quality, clean, and caring independent or assisted living facility for their loved ones.

My parents moved here recently. They enjoy the community & amenities. As their son, I am thrilled to see my parents treated so well. My sisters & I can rest assures that they are well cared for & enjoying their lives with less stress & far more peace. Thank you.

Wonderful place!

Things are going very very well with my Mom here. We love the place. They have the best staff I've come across. They're so happy, from the kid in the dining room to everyone, they know us by first name, they're always smiling. I couldn't recommend it any higher. My mom loves knowing there's activities going on and people around her. The food is excellent.

Beautiful Assisted Living residence the director was great in responding to all of our questions. Food was great with lots of variety, there are several areas throughout the complex for reflection, games, sunrooms, grand children room, salon...very excited to have our parents experience the vast variety of socialization.

It's All Good

It was just all good. She ran out of prescriptions and needed one desperately and couldn't get a hold of her old doctor, so we called the doctor who visits the facility and they called me back immediately and we got the prescription that night. Everything was wonderful. The staff just went over and above any expectations. Their response is just phenomenal. The dining room staff is so accommodating as well.

Very friendly staff!

I think they do a great job at Independence Village of Waterstone. The people here are very very friendly, and every member of the staff goes out of their way to be nice to you and learn your name. When I walk down the hall to head to a meal or to an activity everybody I see greets me by name, it's nice!

Great retirement facility!

Independence Village in Oxford is only 13 years old and has been kept up very well. It is one of the more expensive developments in the area, but you get a first rate facility for the money. Meals are very good and we've noticed that odors are kept to an absolute minimum, which is great. The staff is friendly and extremely helpful. Overall an excellent 4 1/2 star facility, with only a tiny mark down for the higher monthly price of staying there.

Patient staff

My father moved in to Independence Village of Waterstone a week ago. He is still not participating in activities and doesn't always go to the dining room but the staff is great and very patient. Everyone is willing to work with him and let's me know what is going on. I really appreciate that.

Overall great, but we're moving

My boyfriend's mother is pretty self-sufficient, just has slight memory trouble. We feel that the value for her to live here is too high -- she does not use the same facilities and services as other residents that are not as able as her, and she is still charged the same high monthly cost. There are not many activities available for those that are more self-sufficient and mobile. There is also very limited parking for visitors. The surrounding neighborhood is gorgeous, the community is very clean, and the staff has been wonderful, but it just was not the right fit for her!

Independence Village Of Waterstone

Independence Village of Waterstone is by far the best place for your family member looking to move into a fun retirement community. The staff is all professionally managed and know all of their residents by name. They have an atmosphere that is family style where you get the feeling you belong the moment you walk in the door. I would highly recommend this community for a worry free environment where you know 100% that the care is met in everyway. Activities are going on several times a day for the residents to attend. The fine dining with chef prepared meals will leave you satisfied and wanting more. The building is beautiful, clean and bright. Please take my word I know several of the residents who will testify that this community is set apart from all others because of the companies standards of creating the best experience in every interaction with every person, every minute of every day!

She really likes it, its nice but unlicensed

It seems very pricey, I had no idea how much senior care costs. She gets the supplement nursing care with help showering, getting medications and that's very pricey. We did not know that they were not licensened and neither is their healthcare so her long term insurance won't pay for it. We only had a week to decide and we really liked waterston and waterstone has been cooperative; the alternative would be something a long way away, there's not a licensed place in this area. We didn't know enough to ask the right questions and with the time crunch, it was chaotic but I assumed that any place as nice as waterstone would be licensed. They try to get her invovled, she's very social, she loves the nurses and she keeps her door open which surprised me but she will not go to the dining room or any functions unless I go with her. She really likes it, that's why we don't want to move her and she has her own things and furniture with her which is really nice.

property closest new and beautiful di...

property closest new and beautiful dinning room great. staff warm and friendly.

Set in the middle of the world-class Waterstone resort, Independence Village offers the finest in senior living, with all of the services and amenities you can imagine. Meet your friends for dinner in our delightful dining room, enjoy our social activities or use our transportation service to run errands and go shopping. With Independent Living and Enhanced options, the possibilities are endless at Independence Village of Waterstone.