Independence Village of Peoria - Peoria, IL

Overall nice facility

I think overall my sister enjoys living there. She has made friends and enjoys bingo and some other activities. The facility is clean and the staff is friendly. I think the lobby could use some updating , maybe a little more up to date colors but her major complaint is the food. I have also overhead about 5 residents sitting outside complaining about what they had for dinner. They can't seem to keep kitchen help and the quality could be better. I know its hard to satisfy so many people but I think that is one thing they really need to work on. Overall though I would recommend Independence Village. I do feel she is in a good neighborhood and I feel safe having her there.

Staff is friendly, building is clean and nicely maintained. We toured a small and a medium sized 1 bedroom apartment and we were impressed with the size of both. The monthly rates for apartments are less expensive than the other communities we received information about. When you add in the cost of amenities that are not included in the monthly rate
(Ameren, cable, WiFi) it’s a little more per month but still reasonably priced. My mom did not select this community as her new home but it was a very close second. I would recommend touring this community.

Independence Village of Peoria

I toured here with my loved ones while looking for a new place for them. The community itself was nice enough, but it just did not have the level of care we needed. It was very similar to the community they were preparing to move out of, so we continued our search to find a place with more advanced levels of care.

Clean Property!!

I have no complaints of how things went during my loved ones tour of this community. The staff where kind and made sure to answer any questions we had for them

Independence Village is second to none!

My mom's stay at Independence Village is going wonderfully! The grounds are very well maintained. What stood out for me is the fact that everyone was very friendly and never hesitated to help if you needed it. My mom also has plenty opportunities to participate in activities and socialize; she's more busy now than she's ever been! I would absolutely recommend this community!

The best so far! Offers many care options

We love the way they treated us! The day my mother-in-law was suppose to move-in, we experience a change in her health. She needed more care that was offered here. They did not hold us to our contract. I was able to tour and I saw that this is a clean and nice community. I had lunch and it was pretty good.

Very helpful and knowledgeable staff

I can't say thank you enough

My mom recently passed. She was given 6 mths til her end. She was at ind village for only 4 1/2 mths. But she got the best care ever. The facility is really beautiful. I refused to put her in a nursing home wanted her short time left to be special.she loved it and was extremely happy and well cared for. The food is delicious menu choices are wonderful. Mom had a small studio apt that was perfect for her. The entire staff is wonderful and extremely caring.the skilled nursing option of home bound Healthcare was outstanding in their care for her. Dawn from homebound went out of her way for my mom and I will always be grateful. Stefanie in the sales office was equally helpful in arranging for my mom's care hospice compassus was so wonderful til the end. My family and myself will be forever grateful for the help and care everyone gave to my mom. Thanks to all of you.

I am pleased with them

Management and staff are very friendly, engaged, and caring about all the residents' needs. The facility is clean and well-maintained. I am particularly impressed with the number and types of activities that are provided for the residents. They are also open to suggestions and recommendations. Stefanie is particularly involved in the welfare and comfort of all the residents and visitors. As with any group living accommodations, there are occasional glitches, but they are typically addressed and rectified in a reasonable time as personnel/materials are available. Mom is comfortable here and I am comfortable with her being there.

A good place overall

There is a lack of communication between front desk and the rest of the people. On the downside, the maintenance crew is short staffed. There is a lot of residents and they are not able to clean quickly. Other than that, I would say that it seems to be a good place overall. The facility itself is very clean. Everyone is very nice. The staff is helpful and accommodating. I would recommend the Independence Village.

Hello neighbor!

Everyone is friendly & the facility is clean & not overcrowded. It took about a week for our loved one to adjust but she loves it now. It has been good for her because now she has a routine & is making friends. She actually found a neighbor from years ago that she had lost contact with & is catching up on lost years.

Adjusting well

Everyone has been very welcoming; had a couple of minor problems when we first moved in but staff were very responsive and the difficulties were solved with relative ease. The staff have all been great; Mom has been very pleased and seems to be adjusting quickly. She likes the meals and the servers, the housekeeping staff, the activities, the exercise, the transportation. Thanks for your help.

Really satisfied

Having my parents finally moved out of their house and into a facility where they can probably remain for rest of their lives is a HUGE relief to us, their adult children. They are making use of the Home Bound Home Health Care as well as the Home Bound assisted living services (bathing, etc.) The staff is more than helpful, and always cheerful. The facility itself feels very much like a condo situation, and not at all like a nursing home. It feels as though they are living in an apartment--and I guess they actually are! They've only been there a month, but to this point the type of scheduled and available activities are Iimited, but adequate for their needs/wants.If this type of facility is what you're looking for, I can't really imagine anything better.

They have a culture of caring for residents and employees.

Independence Village Directors and staff are 5 star through-and-through! One can see that they have a culture of respect and caring for each other, as employees, and all their residents. As my parents moved into Independence Village, we came into contact with residents and outside vendors. These contacts shared with us that always see staff and residents with smiles at Independence Village (verse other assisted living facilities they have been in contact.) My parents are so happy there and with their new friends. They look forward to the meals prepared by the chefs too! Independence Village is such a blessing to my parents and my family.

Really Freidnly

They do a pretty good job. They are really friendly. The food not so good but the staff are caring and do a good job. The facility is clean and they seem to take care of things and offer alot of activities.

Wonderful place

I have to say I am really impressed with Independence Village. The staff is wonderful. They are very caring and go above and beyond. I went on vacation recently and my mom's (who is a resident there) tv remote went out. A staff member just ran out and got her one no questions asked....they knew I was out of town and knew she would worry about it so they just ran and got it. This is just one example. When I visit I see all the residents are treated like family. It is more than I could have asked for. When we moved her there this summer it was a difficult decision and the staff made the move and transition so easy and comfortable. She is the happiest I have seen her in a long time and I am so glad she is there. They have made such a big impact on her life and I am a very grateful daughter.

Really Caring Place! Great value, too.

You can't go wrong w/Independence Village (of Peoria). The help and care they give our elderly family member is just wonderful, caring and we are so happy to have found this. The hardest part was getting our relative there and that was it. The care they provide offers one assurance, and they are always very willing to answer any questions or concerns. We highly recommend it and definitely a good value. Our senior relative is quite happy and feels secure being at this senior care home.

Wonderful place!

This was the one place I went to that was clean, and when I walked in someone said something to me, not just the staff, but the people living there too. Everyone would look you in the eye. They have a lot of staff there, they have a home care agency on site there, so it's not just the Independence Village staff but the home care people too. Communication is really good with the staff, and they have a call button in every apartment, so she can just push the button and ask the front desk a question, if she needs something or is confused, and there is always someone there 24 hours a day. It looks like they have a lot of stuff going on for activities, more than just your typical bingo, and exercise, and they are open to adding new things. She has enjoyed the food so far. I do like that they give them assigned seats, and that they are flexible if personalities don't match, they can assign you a different table. I also like that it's restaraunt style seating, so they don't have to carry a tray, like a cafeteria. If for some reason they can't make it down for a meal, they will bring it to you. I liked the layout, and the big communal area in the middle. It looks a lot like a hotel. It was very open and light. I liked the fact that the residents were all out and about in the common areas. It wasn't depressing when you walked in. The woman I spoke to was so very positive, and made me feel like this would be the right move, other place didn't really seem to care. They have a bus service, that will take you places, four days a week. They allow you to bring pets. You can also stay here up to nursing home level, so you don't have to move and even if you need rehab, they can come to you. The only draw back is the only way to get internet is through DSL, but they are working on getting wi-fi.

Our tour by Juliana was gre...

Our tour by Juliana was great. She greeted every resident we saw by name and made a personal comment to most of them! The facility itself could use some updates as far as decor and the rooms are fine, but small kitchens and closets. The assisted living option are great and the number of activities offered daily are fantastic. Seemed like a nice place to live.

A pretty affordable place...

They do a pretty good job. They are really friendly. They are affordable, there are a lot more expensive places, but there are also less expensive places, this is sort of a middle range. She is having a hard time finding a place to fit in, they do offer some things to do, but it is difficult to join in. The food is ok, but she says that the portions can be a little small. We haven't really run into any concerns.

Clean and caring place

Everything has been going great here, I'd give them all 5s! It's a clean, nice looking place, and the staff are all very caring and professional. They are great about communication, and get in touch with me if they ever think there is an issue or want to give me an update.

It was a very large community, I thin...

It was a very large community, I think they had maybe 250 people there. There wasn't much individual attention. It was a story building. When we asked to have things done they weren't done in a timely manner, they were not available and willing to help.

I think she's pretty satisfied with e...

I think she's pretty satisfied with everything, we've been there 3 times, it's probably your typical nursing home type feel, but that's just my opinion. She seems to be happy with the activities and things like that. They do provide three meals a day and she's totally happy with that.

So happy my parents are here

They're wonderful, like everything in the world its so expensive, we looked in to some a lot higher and some that were less expensive, but we liked the look of it, the people, the food. They really enjoy it, I'm so happy for them. They play bingo they do sittercise they're always having something, ice cream socials or happy hours. It's just well kept and structured yet theyre free to come and go, I like how they keep track of each of the residents, I just feel very secure with them being there. I'm glad to know that care service will be available and they'll still be able to stay there.

So much better than where she was before

When I consider what my mother had before to what my mother has now, it's wonderful, she loves it. First of all, I'm in the health care field and I had been in and out of different facilities and for the price and jsut the overall appearance of it, there just wasn't any doubt as to where to go. There has recently been an issue and my mother didn't want to say anything because she's afraid it's going to reflect negatively on her (it's nothing they've every done to make her think that) but overall she's very happy there and knows that it's not Independence Village but one individual. Before, her brothers and sisters thought she needed more care but unfortunately they didn't think it through; so she seems very happy, she's very involved, she had that kind of shuffling, head down look all the time and now she's walking with more authority again, she's being who she was.

Doing Something Right!

We love and my parents love it! I think the value is really good. My parents have a blast with the activities. The mostly like the music I believe. They're always doing something so I can't keep up. I was really shocked that they, especially my dad who is not easy to please, just love it. They're doing something right!

Discover a community that strikes a balance between independence and comfortable living at Independence Village of Peoria. Home to spacious apartments, our community supports Independent Living. Whether taking part in social activities such as happy hours, card games and bingo or exploring the area via scheduled courtesy transportation, our residents have endless options for relaxation, leisure and enjoyment. Depending on the level of care needed, we offer onsite health agency checks as well as housekeeping services. From thoughtfully designed floor plans to the world-class service and myriad recreational and social opportunities, residents may just find that we have thought of everything. Meet new friends, enjoy the freedom of living in comfortable apartments and experience one of the best Independent Living communities in Peoria, Illinois.