Bickford of Bloomington - Bloomington, IL

Bickford feels a little older than the other shiny new ones I visited, but that is because they are 17 years old and that is actually good as my dad would probably feel more at home there. They had all the amenities. I really liked the staff I met and several of them talked to me. From what I gleaned from caregivers, they really care about the patients as individuals. From my tour point of view, so far they feel like their level of care and what they provide seems high quality (best so far I have seen). I liked that the center was locked down and residents cannot wander. Enrichment and partnership with college seemed really good. Price was highest though and I need to better understand true costs and how prices may go up with levels of care and memory care.

I toured this community

I went on a tour here and the staff was nice. The community was nice too. They answered all of my questions. It was only about 15 years old and there has been no updates and the carpet is worn out. It was clean and kept up it just wasn't a good fit for my friends.

Moms New Home

I placed my mom in this community that is within 3 miles of my home so I am thrilled she is this close. The staff has a high turnover so I worry a little about that but they are responsive. They have good food, and keep the place really clean. Mom enjoys to play bingo and she goes to exercise daily. And the garden area is nice. I also chose this place for the 24hr nursing care.

Great place for care

I toured this nice community. A lot of great staff members available. The rooms were nice and a lot of choices on the size of a room. They have a nice snack bar. The staff were great and were able to answer my questions. They offer a lot of activities for her to participate. The community is clean. After this tour, I would recommend this community highly for good care and value.

Pleased with Bickford of Bloomington!

I am contented with the care that the staff is providing my mother. They are doing a good job caring for her needs. My mother is enjoying the variety of food offered. They do offer a variety of activities for the residents to enjoy. They could improve the activities by including more activities for residents with memory care like painting, indoor ball games, and crafts.

It been okay, there have been a couple of glitches

It been okay, there have been a couple of glitches, but those have been worked out. They have a lot of activities, and everything is clean and neat. There have been no complaints about the food. Sometimes the meat is a little overdone for her, some of the grilling and stuff can be a little overdone. Everyone is very friendly they bend over backwards to help you.

We began our quest into senior living because of our love for our beloved mother, Mary Bickford, whose needs became too great for us to manage. As we researched senior living options, we were shocked at our findings. The options offered too much or too little – none met her needs and nothing felt like home. Since we couldn’t find what we wanted, we decided to create what we needed. Our main desire was to create a place that helped her achieve an equivalent peace and happiness that she had earlier in her life.

We understand that selecting a senior living community for your loved one is one of the toughest decisions that you will ever face. We will work with you to ensure that the transition is as easy and comfortable as possible. Whether your loved one is at home, in the hospital or even in another state, we can work with your hospital, insurance company, and doctor to make your difficult decision easier on you and your family. Aging can be difficult – but we’ve also seen the beauty in aging. Our mother’s happiness inspired us. We created Bickford for her and now we’re devoted to serving yours. We look forward to meeting you soon.

Services