Imperial Club - Aventura, FL

Place could use a facelift

Rapidly Deteriorating

My Mom has resided at Imperial Club for a few years. At the beginning, the Imperial Club seemed to be a well run facility of long standing in the community and a decent place for seniors to reside. Unfortunately, it appears that especially in the last 6 months the place has seriously and rapidly deteriorated. The elevators are a constant problem and in my opinion constitute a very serious and dangerous situation. At least one of the elevators is out of order more often than not and in the case of an emergency, it would seem that there is a imminent health risk in the event of a resident needing paramedic assistance, etc. Beyond the problems with the elevators, the carpets are old and filthy. The furniture on the floors looks lie a "hodge podge" of mismatched second hand pieces from a thrift shop. Additionally, my mother advises that the quality and choice of food is also deteriorating. What was once a decent and comfortable place has now become a dump. Management should be ashamed. But most important, the danger associated with the elevators creates a huge liability/risk for the residents. At this point, I could not in good conscience recommend this place. It is sad.

A good place!

This place is wonderful. They are really good with my loved one and my loved one really likes it here. They have plenty of activities to keep the residence going . I did get to enjoy a lunch with my loved one and it was good.

A Happy Place for Dad

Our first impression was that The Imperial Cub was a very friendly & well run place. The staff was very welcoming,
the residents were interacting with each other & the place is bright & comfortable.

They have an excellent dining room - the food is very tasty

There are many activities to choose from & the transportation for personal errands & doctors appointments is excellent..

My Dad has been there a month & is very happy...

Wonderful Tour

My tour of this community went very well. Everybody was very friendly and welcoming. The community looks great, it was just a little to far from my family for me. Other than that my tour went very well. The offered me a meal to try, and the food is great. This is a lovely community.

Very nice looking place!

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. The facility was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. However, the community seemed more focused on independent living. They do have an assisted living section, but I thought my loved ones needs were better suited for somewhere that focused on assisted living.

Friendly staff

Chose Imperial Club for my father because one of few locations in area offering true one bedroom units at affordable rate. Turned out to be good choice as the staff has been very friendly and helpful.

Many thanks to the Imperial Club

It doesn't seem to me that there is enough recognition of a job well done in this life. I hope in some small way , this serves to remedy that situation for some of those whose good deeds and excellent service go unrecognized. My mother, Carolyn was a resident of the Imperial Club, for almost two (2) years. Like many residents, she came in a bit fearful and distrusting. Spring, Jenny, Alta, (the nurse with her angel's wings hidden from all) were simply amazing. Not only are they superior in every way but the aides and helpers throughout, especially on the 5th floor, treated my mother with the kindness and attention that I hope I am blessed to receive in my final years.

I cannot thank you enough for the staff that is in place at the Imperial Club. Mere words cannot begin to express my gratitude to those most competent and wonderful people. It is a special calling to do what they do for their residents. They made my mothers last days as comfortable as they could have been under any circumstance.

You gave me back my life

How do you say good bye to an incredible group of professionals who gave me back my life? All of whom I came to recognize as friends, not personnel.

When my mother's dementia escalated to the point where she was unable to care for herself, aggressive and uncooperative, my peace of mind and life as I knew it became unrecognizable. Phone calls from police, neighbors, relatives, all alerting me to the inevitable, yet, I was unable to take the control I needed in order to protect her safety. Then a turning point presented itself. I had done my due diligence, researched facilities in person, on the Internet, reviews, etc. and The Imperial Club was my choice when I was finally able to take control.

Wisest choice I could have made. Alta [last name removed], Director of Nursing and her staff are the most caring of professionals who immediately handled all situations, keeping me abreast of everything good or bad. Jenny [last name removed], Resident Manager, who tried along with all the staff to encourage my mother's participation in the Imperial Club. Even when she refused, the staff still visited her apartment and checked up on her. The Dietary Department made sure mother had the meals she would eat and served it to her when she refused to eat her meals in the dining room. On the fifth floor where Mother resided, everyone at the nurses' station was warm, patient and caring especially when my mother wasn't. The Front Desk/Concierge employees always welcoming and friendly, as are the Engineering and Maintenance personnel. Always found the facility spotless and well maintained. The daily activities and holiday celebrations are without doubt first rate.

I could go on and on recommending you to anyone who has an elderly relative or friend needing a place that offers peace of mind, excellent care and the warmth of a family, not just people doing their jobs.

For the past year and a half y'all have been my security blanket, my sanity, and loathe the idea that her care now must extend beyond your realm.

Adequate

It is adequate. The staff is wonderful. They are wonderful people. My brother has gained weight because the food is delicious. I can't rate the care services, not applicable. Everything has been going pretty good at the Imperial Club. My brother seems happy.

Everyone is living better and happier

After almost losing my mind trying to take care of a very difficult, combative and negative mother, her situation came to a head and I was able to place her at the Imperial Club. I did my due diligence about a year before, visiting several places as well as researching keeping her in her home with round the clock assistance, knowing it would be only a matter of time before ALF placement would be a necessity.

Even though meds were prescribed, mother never took them, refused to have food delivery, walked around in dirty clothes, refused to have her cleaning lady wash her clothes, not maintain the house properly, unable to handle her finances, fighting me the entire time, hallucinating, etc.

I am an only child so no one to spread the joy around. On the good side, no one to have to get permission from either other than the one needing assistance.

Maintaining mother at home would have been a challenge. She would have accused, fought with and refused to listen to any assistant, creating more drama in a topsy turvy life.

Enter the Imperial Club. The facilities, the attending staff, nursing and administration have given mother the care, food, medication and companionship she was sorely missing. And for me, a new lease on life knowing how well taken care of she is. Because they oversee every aspect of her care, and of course ensuring she takes her meds, she is pleasant, non-combative and very well fed. Hallucinations are still part of her but hey, they are her parents, my dad, her brother so all good people!

I can't say enough good things about the Imperial Club.

The value matched the services.

They offered more medical services than where she is now. They did not have a memory unit for her, they only had assisted living. It was clean and friendly. The value matched the services.

WE LIKED THE FACILITY

WE LIKED THE FACILITY

Welcome to Imperial Club, Aventura’s best value in full-service retirement living. We are a community for those desiring either an Independent retirement lifestyle, with additional services, such as our Independent Plus Program or Assisted Living services, available for when residents’ needs change over time. The spacious, one- or two-bedroom apartments include a full-size refrigerator, kitchenette, and ample closet space, giving guests the freedom to continue to live an independent lifestyle. Amenities, such as a heated pool, piano lounge, on-site concierge, transportation services, and on-demand room service, give residents the feel of being in a five-star hotel. Residents are also free to have their vehicle or be chauffeured by the staff.

Guided by our not-for-profit ownership, our uncompromising purpose is to meet your need for an affordable community that is matched with a warm, committed, and caring staff. Our focus is always you and your family, not our bottom line. Having helped seniors make this transition for more than twenty years, we understand what you and your family are going through. At Imperial Club, we make the transitions in life smoother and more comfortable than you can ever imagine.

We take great pride in our community and welcome the opportunity to provide you with a beautiful apartment in an atmosphere that fosters our philosophy that you should be a guest in your own home. At Imperial Club, you’ll find a caring staff, guided by an experienced management team, waiting to ensure that all of your needs are met. We look forward to serving you.