The Plaza at Pembroke Park - Pembroke Park, FL

The staff and residents were very friendly with one lady who strongly said that she liked the center and that they were very activity oriented. Lots of activity going on and we met the [Removed] the activity director who also conducts exercise classes. [Removed] the director was very thorough in showing us all the amenities and the physical therapy room was like a mini rehab with very helpful staff. All the rooms were large studio but seemed a little dreary.

The place is a bit outdated needs some renovations. However the staff is tops and the manager is awesome. She knows every senior by name and they know her and love her. That's very important when you see the manager interacting with the seniors. And the staff also were awesome interacting with the seniors giving a lot of attention and care. It's a special calling and they have it. The place was very clean and no smells. The seniors were cleaned and well groomed. I was impressed with this place however it's a bit far for me.

A tour with care

A nice tour with a lot of great qualities for the care of a loved one. the staff was very helpful to answer all of the questions we had for the care of my mom. We would recommend other families to see this community and see that this is nice and taken care of.

Familiar With The Staff

My mother-in-law was here years ago and many of the staff are still here. We were familiar with them and they welcomed us with open arms. Now my mom is here and it is going very well, she is happy. She likes the meals very much so and she likes the activities too. The staff are very helpful and maintain her room and belongings.

This community was there when we needed a place for mom to continue to recuperate!!

The food is not good and they have small portions. We unfortunately we have to move mom out due to finances. Some of the staff seem to have an attitude and some are very cheerful. This community feels like a nursing home setting as most of the residents have memory issues and she felt isolated as she had limited interaction with the other residents.

Enjoying My Time Here

So far everything is working out pretty well for me here. Everybody has been very kind and helpful. The community looks great, everything is very nice and clean. The staff is amazing they are very helpful when I need some help. There are nice activities and good food offered. This is a community I would recommend.

I would recommend The Plaza at Pembroke Park!!

The food at this community is kosher style so it is good quality food. Mom does participate in some of the activities offered. The community is clean and well taken care of and I would recommend it. The staff are friendly and helpful.

Safety for your loved one.

When I first went there was another Advisor there. Howard Brown. He walked me me through the process as to what they offer. When we were ready there was a new advisor. Helen Altieri, who was very professional. She made the transition very easy. My sister-in-law is in very capable hands. She is well taken care of and most of all is in a safe place.

1st time hard to tell but its not that good the staff do not cater to mental illness i would not recommend but i will give it 5 star rating if your loved one do not have a mental illlness this could work out better for them the place is very clean

Felt more like a nursing home than an assisted living.

To me this community did not have the look or feel of an assisted living community, it looked more like a nursing home. We did get to see a room, which was cute, pretty nice size. In the hallway we could smell urine and the residents were just sitting around, they did not seem very lively, or happy. There was not very much going on, I got the feeling that the community was very somber. Maybe if they were to upgrade it would have a different feel and it may be a nice community.

Pretty Crappy Place, Look Elsewhere if Possible

This place has undergone a few different name changes and administration/ownership regimes in the last few years, My grandfather used to live here and my grandmother still lives there now, but we are trying to move her elsewhere.

This assisted living facility is really not that great. The owners try to cut corners wherever they can. And the nursing staff is pretty terrible. Actually that is why my grandfather doesn't live there anymore. He passed away because the nursing staff refused to do their jobs and take care of him and did not speak to family members. Many of the residents have private aides because the level of care is so inadequate otherwise. And many of the residents look ill and are obviously dying as well. The rooms and hallways resemble (and smell) like a cross between a hospital and a cheap hotel. The smell constantly reminds you that you are not in a home environment.

The food is just ok, there are some activities but not enough, and this facility is cheaper than some other places. That is about as positive as it gets. It's convenient to Aventura and Hallandale if you live in those cities.

If you have other options that you are looking into in terms of long-term care for yourself or your relatives, I strongly suggest looking elsewhere.

A heartfelt thanks

I wanted to express to everyone at The Plaza my deep and abiding gratitude and love for enabling my Dad, Bernie, to enjoy his last years. And he did, for the most part, enjoy life almost until the very end. I don’t believe he spent a lot of time suffering thanks to the wonderful hospice care that was made available to him. I was lucky to have found The Plaza and I’ve always loved coming to visit, not just my Dad, but also the other residents and the staff, many of whom I have come to count as my friends. And I will be back. I’m hoping to get down to Florida at the end of September and I look forward to seeing everyone again.
Please share this note with everyone at the Plaza, both staff and residents with my love and blessings.
I will be forever grateful. Joel Paley

Not Impressed at all.

This was disappointing and didn't hold a candle to the other options we were considering. This is mostly because of the building and the facilities, more than the staff. I didn't think there was anything in particular wrong with the staff. The building and it's surroundings were not impressive. It was a depressing atmosphere, and it looked like an old nursing home. I spoke with some of the residents there and they seemed happy, so I don't think there is anything terrible. We did have a meal and the food wasn't very good. Not Impressed at all.

Lots of Activities!

My mother has an ostomy bag and they have to change that, and we were fortunate to find a place that had licensing. My mother doesn't utilize the activities, she says that she doesn't have anything to do but I KNOW they have a great activity program.
BINGO, bus rides, singers come in. At Christmastime, I went to their Christmas party, and they had a wonderful buffet, a singer, conga line and limbo line! They have a lot for them, whether the people opt to do it is up to them! Anytime that there is an issue, it's resolved. When we were down there, it didn't seem like they dusted. I saw a lot of dust and I went down to complain, and they got back to me to say that they have tried to do that but mother is claiming she doesn't want anyone to move her things. We went to the community room to play card games with her, and we noticed that someone had been in her room and they had cleaned the dresser. I can't really say anything bad because if an issue comes up, they do rectify it.

The Plaza at Pembroke was h...

The Plaza at Pembroke was huge, had nice rooms and friendly staff. Most residences were not very mobile and there was no outside secure walking area. Not a good fit for my mom.

She's happy there and everything works out great.

She's happy there and everything works out great. The only negative I have about this place is the urine smell. They try but they're not getting it. For that kind of money they should have doctors on the premises or doctors we can get ahold of. They have a variety of things to do. One time she fell and they were pretty good at giving me a call and letting me know what's going in. The food is great, she enjoys it. The cleaning needs improving and getting residents to participate in the activities more, and they don't provide enough medical services. The friendliness and the atmosphere is more homey and that is a reason we chose it over others.

Nice From What I Saw

I wasn't there but 10 minutes. I never had a chance to look through the rooms, but the front was very open and the people seemed very nice. My mom wouldn't even go upstairs and took her cart and ran into the street when we told her that she was moving in. Nothing seemed wrong with the community to me, but my mom relates better to women and the director was a man, so the community wasn't inviting to her.

The place is the most ideal of all fo...

The place is the most ideal of all for us. We have given a deposit and have decided to move in.

Liked this one as well. The rooms are...

Liked this one as well. The rooms are spacious. Have to bring in your own furniture. A member of the staff said she would work with me financially

When you choose a Holiday lifestyle, we simplify things for you.

Affectionately named “The Small Town that Means Big Business,” Pembroke Park is a small town in Florida that is rapidly evolving and developing to charm and attract more and more residents. With a newfound vitality, the town is a great destination spot for seniors looking to retire.

The Plaza at Pembroke Park is a great senior living option for seniors seeking assisted living, respite, long-term, and memory care services. Seniors revel in having a variety of activities that inspire a more fit, extra energetic, and greater enriching way of life. Our community is easily accessible from I-95 or the Florida Turnpike, allowing you to invite friends and family in to share a meal or a game of bean bag baseball with you and your neighbors.

Our community offers 24-hour staffing, medication assistance, bathing assistance, housekeeping, a full calendar of activities and daily nutritious meals.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities
- Medication management

A Life’s Story
Every life has a story. Every person is unique. At Holiday, we know that. We want to hear yours. How you worked hard. Raised a family. Took care of others. Now it’s time for people to take care of you. To help you. To support you and enrich another chapter of your life’s story. Welcome to Holiday.

Holiday is dedicated to making your life with us a truly special experience, and we look forward to meeting you.

Call today to schedule your personal visit and learn more about joining our family!