The Peninsula - Hollywood, FL

Initial impression was ok, building is older, but fairly well maintained. I was pleasantly surprised to learn that the facility had 24-7 nursing staff and offered many services. However, there was an odor about the place that they tried to mask with air fresheners. The old carpet and padding is probably holding years of bad smells. I think I saw a diaper stuffed behind some books in the living room shelf on the 5th floor. I really like the renovated units, I noticed how much better the air quality was in the new units. The common areas and occupied units should also be renovated with carpet replaced for the prices they are charging. Also, none of the residents were smiling, and one gentleman had to call rescue for himself after being dismissed by at least two employees.

Robyn Studley

We are sorry to hear about your experience with The Peninsula. We strive to give all of our residents and staff a great life. Part of this is ensuring that our facility and staff are all held to a high standard. We are slowly trying to renovate other parts of the facility. We would love to hear more about your experience. Please feel free to call us at [removed] or email us at [removed].

This facility does not offer independent living

This facility appears nice, very clean, modern, bright open areas to relax.
Administrator, marketing director and staff were professional, yet friendly and sincere. I would recommend taking a tour of this facility if you are looking for an assisted living place for a loved one.

Attentive Staff!!

My mother has recently made the move into this community and so far we are pleased with how things are going for her. The staff seem to be accommodating her needs and I am comfortable with the care she is receiving. She seems to be fitting in very well with the other residents and is enjoying a few of the activities they have to offer. I like that she has a healthy appetite and says how good the meals are that the chef prepares them throughout the day. Overall it has been the perfect fit and we are all very happy.

Was a great place but has lost a star or two in the past few months

My mom moved in [Removed]. The main attraction was the lobby. It's like walking into a 5-star hotel. After talking with some of the residents, meeting Chef [Removed] and the Life Enrichment Coordinator, [Removed], we decided to move in. The food was great and the activities were great. However, over the past few months the management staff that have left The Peninsula gives us all cause for concern.
First it was Chef [Removed], then [Removed] the Life Enrichment Coordinator, the stylist in the salon, and now the Executive Director, [Removed], is leaving. Also, the gentleman they hired to replace Chef [Removed], only lasted a month. From week-to-week you never know if the beauty salon will be open since the original stylist left. I know they're going through a transition right now but family members and residents are concerned.

Other options for care

We toured this community for the care for a friend. We did not like the appearance or and it did not have the atmosphere that we were looking for. My friend was not impressed. We did see a nice menu and the list of activities that are offered. We would suggest that families tour this community for the care of a loved one

I'd live there!

This place is beautiful! They've renovated nearly the entire building and the residents there seem to really like it. It's very different than a year ago. The new memory care area is really decorated nicely, very beachy and soothing. They did a great job! I'd recommend taking a look here. Everyone is very friendly and offers to help.

Father is Doing Well at This Community

This is a very nice community, and my father is doing very well since his move here. Everything is working out very well, and I'am satisfied with all they have done for us. He is safe, and being cared for well at this community. I have no complaints about this community. All is well so far, and I would recommend this facility.

Home at the Peninsula

My dad is at the Peninsula. I like how everyone on the staff knows the names of the residents. My dad loves the place. He feels at home. I appreciate the level of care from
everyone at The Peninsula. It's like living in a 4 star hotel. Keep up the good work!

The Manager of this facility was wonderful to speak with & have me the full tour. They are presently going through a redecoration, so the lobby was on the bare side, & felt cavernous & very busy with people coming & going. Also, because the entire area was marble tile, it was noisey . I felt as if I'd entered a huge hotel, which unfortunately was not what we were looking for. On the plus side, they have a PT center, salon, arts&crafts studio on premises. The staff was very friendly, the apartments were adequate, but due to its being a high rise, it was just too large in general, for my mom.

Horrible Experience!!

The staff would take a long time to take my mother in law to the bathroom. Due to this my mother in law got a Urinary Tract Infection. She kept asking to see a doctor and the staff would not take her serious. When she was finally seen by a doctor she had a kidney blockage and had to have three emergency surgeries we almost lost her. The staff would also mess up with the medicine, they would give her more medicine than they were suppose to. The money we paid was a lot for the care she received.

Had a great experience
Staff is caring and helpful to my mother's needs
And will call back in a timely manner
Nurse and Doctor is on staff

My mother and I visited several residences when finding an assisted living facility. The staff at The Peninsula was extremely friendly and concerned with her and her needs. She immediately felt comfortable and at home. She was even allowed to bring her cat! She is very happy with the variety and amount of activities every day to keep her busy and socializing. I am happy with the high level of care and attention she receives.

Very nice place

The Peninsula is a very nice clean home for my father. Everyone I have come across seems very nice. Staff is very attentive to any needs resident may need.

That being said, after touring the Peninsula and many other places the very hard decision of moving my dad into the Peninsula was made. They were very pushy about getting the promotional January rate and stated that it would never change if we signed agreement and paid before the end of January. The day before we were going to sign the agreement they call and state an error had been made and they could only give us the original rate for six months and then after the 6 months it would increase $500.00. I felt like I had the "bait and switch" tactic done to me. Anyone reading this knows how hard this decision is and how you want your parent to live in a nice place that was very upsetting to me and my family. My father is a Veteran and has a very limited income.

They were very good. We didn't have any issues.

They were very good. We didn't have any issues. Very nice, and very thoughtful. Nobody is perfect so I would give them a 4.9

What you are aware of once you have made the transition

The administration staff does a great job of promoting the facility. A variety of entertainment and activities are provided for them to participate. The menu has a great range of choices. The main floor, only has one handiecap stall in the most used restroom. There is a second location (restroom) but it is not equip to accommodate those with wheelchairs and walkers. This is very important since more than 50% of those in the community use walkers and wheelchairs. It would be healthier if there was closer monitoring of meal choices for individual with health issues, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes etc.

This community itself was fine but the unit themselves were very outdated.

Nice looking place!

It was a nice place, and the staff was friendly.

It was just a short respite stay, she was just here for a short week. It was a nice place, and the staff was friendly. The food was pretty good, and they would bring the food to her room for her. If we had to consider a place, long term, or have a respite stay, I would call them again. They did a good job.

so far so good

Our experience with The Peninsula has been very limited (my sister is the one in there and she has been in there for just under a month) but thus far everything with them has been very good. It is a very nice place with excellent helpful staff.

Not terrible, but room for improvement.

It's pretty good. There are some things that could be better, but some things could be worse. I'm pretty okay with the food. I would give them a three out of five. Not terrible, but room for improvement.

Thanks for Mom

This is a wonderful place. My mother is happy and enjoys her new friends and all.of the activities.

I feel she is safe and well cared for there.

Thank you.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

I transferred my mom from another ALF to the Peninsula. She was very overwhelmed to move and the staff at the Peninsula did everything in their power to make her new home as comfortable as possible.... They even paint her nails to give her the extra pampering. I am extremely satisfied with my decision!!

Great Choice

My parents have been living at the Peninsula for 7 years, when they first moved in they were completely independent. However as the years passed by they began to need more help, the staff at the Peninsula did everything to accommodate their needs and to assist them with everything they needed. I can't imagine my parents living anywhere else. They have been living very contently and satisfied.

Everyone looked very happy and the food smelled great!

Everyone looked very happy and the food smelled great! We are looking at this community because they had said that even if my parents had different levels of care, they would keep them together in the same room.

Wonderful place!

They do an absolutely wonderful job at The Peninsula, I love it! The facility itself is beautiful, clean, and secure. I really appreciate that they keep careful track of who comes and goes, ask the residents when they'll be back if they leave, etc. They have a beautiful dining room, an ice cream parlor, and even a little theater! All of the residents seem happy, it is a wonderful place!

Big Mistake!

At first this establishment seemed like a good place for our mom. The staff seemed reasonably capable and seemed to care about providing good service. As time went on, however, and many of the staff turned over, I became increasingly appalled at the practically lethal combination of apathy and incompetence displayed by the staff and management. As my mother's health deteriorated and she needed them most, they were at their worst. Everything from medication management to bathing and feeding was routinely botched. And, every time we raised these issues to management, they were met with total indifference! It was gut-wrenching to see mom in tears as she begged us to move her from this facility. Unfortunately, her health had declined to the point that her doctors strongly advised us against moving her. In hindsight, I wish we had gone ahead and done it anyway. At least her last days would have been pleasant. On the very night that she passed away, she called me in tears yet again over a screw up by the staff. If you love your parent, do yourself a favor and avoid this place like the plague. I wouldn't even board my pet there!! Just remember, you've been warned!!!

took my money

My aunt that was supposed to go there never went. I paid the initial fee of $1500, but she never went and they never refunded me the money. I am still trying to get my money back. I have asked them a few times, but so far no luck.

This is a beautiful community with so much going on! There is a lot of walking and for my mom would need a room near an elevator.

very good in general

In general they are very good, and work with you to try to resolve any issues and accommodate where they can.

However, they have four shifts of nurses, and some of them are ok, then some of them can be a little difficult and don't seem to want to deal with problems and give it their best to help the residents.

Happy with my choice

The resident care cordinator, Katheryn, made it possible for my Dad to see a doctor right away even though the doctor was not scheduled to be there for a couple more weeks. She went above and beyond to make sure my Dad got the assistance he needed.

Very nice place!

Overall they do a great job at The Peninsula! It is a very clean and very well kept community. Everyone here, from the staff to the residents themselves, has been incredibly friendly. They also do an excellent job with the food, I've tried it myself a few times and it has always been tasty!
The only issue I've really had is that they are not the easiest to communicate with. They're not good about returning phone calls or responding to questions.

Nice place!

They've been doing a great job looking after my loved one! We really have no complaints at all. The building is clean, well kept, and nice looking, and the staff have all been very friendly. We'd recommend them if you are looking into care for a loved one!

The Peninsula needs a major facelift

I visited The Peninsula in July 2014. The sales and marketing representative was very nice. Unfortunately the visit went down hill from there. This facility is as costly as 3 other properties that I visited in Plantation, Ft. Lauderdale and Lauderhill. However upon touring The Peninsula it was obvious the company that manages this facility does not put ANY money back in to maintaining this property. The one bedroom model I was taken to looked like it was last renovated/updated 20 years ago. This is a very sad looking place. The staff may be terrific but the facility is lacking where it should not be based on the cost of living here.

They were great.

They were great. They were very nice, they accommodated us. I think I made a good decision. They were very clean, and I haven't had any concerns with the community.

Very Happy

My mother has been there for almost a year. Staff is very friendly and they always have a smile when they are talking to my mom. If there are any issues I call directly and they handle it right away. Very clean building. Food is very good. They even have a trolley bus to take the residents out if they want to go shopping. Residents are also very friendly and most of them are independent so it makes the atmosphere nice too.

GREAT DECISION!!!

My father has been living at the peninsula for almost 3 years, when he first arrived to this facility he was in pretty bad shape. Today he is fully recuperated, when he first moved in he had two broken arms and no interest in socializing or even leaving his room. Luckily I found the best place for him where the staff did not give up in getting my dad down for meals, they encouraged him continuously until he finally began going down for meals. Now he has made friends and is a happy camper!!!

Like a hotel with great service

Great care. If ever any issues I call them directly and they handle it immediately. Great staff. Great nurses, great food. Beautiful apartments nice size and many options to choose from in room size. Administration and team are right on track. Not the best location but service is worth it. A little smaller but can be compared to many 5 star communities. 5 star for customer service.

Dad's Happy

Dad's been living here for 3 years now. He's happier since Mom passed. I am very pleased with the friendly staff and appreciate the way they treat my Dad.

Great Experience

Friendly and warm atmosphere. Staff seems to care. Lunch was a big hit. Mom really enjoyed the community and it was a pleasure visiting.

A well run living facilty that is attentive to the needs of the tenant and there family members.

From the moment we meet with The Peninsula they were very attentive to the various request that we required to put our 96 year old grandmother in their care.

I've experieced a varity of there activities and food myself and believe that they offer a great value to all that choose to live there.

The employees from the front office, nurse care and even the food service always seem to be ready to help with any request.

The room is always clean and when anything breaks they seem to fix it right away.

All in all, I believe The Peninsula is a well run establishment.

It's nothing like the Tour!!

I took my mom there for 6 day of respite, because I needed to go out of state. She has Alzheimer's. This was my first long respite so I paid for an aide to check on my mom as well as friend.
1) My aide and my friend didn't have to produce any identification to gain entrance and was given the coded to the "secure" memory area. 2)They moved my mom's without informing me to another room, which cause a panic when my aide and a friend went to check on her and initially couldn't find her. 4) Her new room was never label, so each day my aide assumed that her room was the sam.3) There were no activities, everyone just sat around. 4) Clothes that were label were lost. 5) MOST IMPORTANT : When I went to pick my mom up around 8am, I ended up leaving with my mom after waiting 15 minutes without anyone being aware.
6) Very understaffed while my mom was there.

Not happy with cleanliness ...

Not happy with cleanliness nor layout of apartments. Cost was excessive based on other facilities.

Very nice place!

In general we've been very pleased with how The Peninsula has been working out so far. The facility itself is always well kept and clean, and my loved one really enjoys the activities (especially the bingo!) and the food. The staff are all extremely friendly, they always have smiles on their faces and are always looking to help.
The only issue I have is that the doctors and medical services they have that visit the facility are very inconsistent. Days they've announced for visits often get rescheduled at the last minute.

Mom not thrilled with the neighborhood.

This was a contender in our decision making. We narrowed it down between this and one other community. Mom didn't like the neighborhood, and said that she didn't feel like it was in a particularly good, safe area. She chose the other place, but this was nice and definitely an option we considered.

Friendly staff, lots of sec...

Friendly staff, lots of secure walking room outside, great rooms and space. This is still a contender for placing my mom. Need to review it again as last time we went the layout confused her a bit. A first floor room for her would be great and to reduce confusion.

Ashley Magill

Thank you for your visit to the Peninsula. Please contact Claudia, our Sales and Marketing Coordinator or Jonathan, our Executive Director, to schedule another visit on behalf of your mother. We would be happy to discuss with you our first floor availability.

He's Happy

My father doesn't really utilize any activities, but they appear to have a number of things going on. He has been there a few months and I think that he is happy.

Ashley Magill

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear that your father is adjusting well in his new home. Should your father desire to participate in any activities, please share his interests with our Resident Programming Coordinator.

Too Far from Me

That was very nice; we liked it a lot. We looked a long time ago, and the reason I didn't choose it was because it was in Broward County, and I live in Dade County. I didn't talk that much financial, so I don't know the specifics. Their outdoor area was not very large or very good. They did seem to have a lot of activities, and they definitely had a lot of staff.

Ashley Magill

Thank you for your visit and feedback. We are glad to here that you were able to make arrangements for your family member. Should your family ever desire to reconsider our area and our community, please contact Jonathan our Executive Director at [removed].

Sincerely,
Ashley Magill

Finding a Place for the queen mother

Overall appearance is that of an old antique hotel. The dining room does not look or smell like a cafeteria. Plenty of spacious sitting area for residents and their visitors. My grandmother has a studio which she has made homey with his her own furnishing and decor. The bathroom shows its age but everything is clean and user friendly. The administration, the staff, and the residents have all been welcoming and friendly. This was a big sudden Unwelcomed life change which has been easier to transition and accept for my grandmother because of the helpful patient staff that listens and takes the time to care.

This place is not for Mom. ...

This place is not for Mom. Rooms do not have kitchens, and one of the residents complained about the food.

Ashley Magill

Thank you for your visit and for your feedback. We offer those who reside with us a lifestyle that embraces the comforts of home. Several of our floor plans include kitchenette style accommodations. We value our resident’s unique dietary preferences and strive to provide them with dietary choices that honor their preferences. Please consider a repeat visit to discuss desired living preferences.

Sincerely,

The Peninsula

It is a great facility where they really care for the residents.

ALF place. The room shown t...

ALF place. The room shown to us reeked of urine. The only room they could show [removed] very nice staff.

The Peninsula Assisted Living Community offers assisted living and secured memory and Alzheimer's care services in Hollywood, Florida. Licensed for 200 residents, The Peninsula is full of vibrant activity while also offering a warm and comfortable feel. The residence offers affordable assisted living in Hollywood, Florida, delivering personal services to all residents, their families and our guests. Soothing, yet striking colors, decor and style throughout will hold your attention as you stroll through this incredible assisted living community.

For breakfast, lunch and dinner, our chef supervised meals are served restaurant style offering a superb assortment of flavorful meal options to satisfy every pallet. The Peninsula team is committed to providing the services that you deserve. So sit back and let us take care of the cooking, housekeeping, linen and laundry, maintenance, and so much more.

Our activities program for seniors in our Hollywood, Florida community is truly unparalleled! From instructor lead exercise classes, to arts and crafts sessions, to in-house live theatrical performances and educational seminars, there is so much to choose from. And if you are ready to spend a day on the town, there are many scheduled transportation opportunities available. Enjoy local shopping areas, cultural events or dining at local restaurants beach side. The Peninsula also offers scheduled transportation to medical appointments. Our bus stays on the road and the activities calendar is always exciting and full!