Hope Center Memory Care - Fayetteville, GA

The best place for our parents!

After several weeks of a hospital stay we recognized we were not able to bring our father home. We struggled with finding a place that would accept him due to his agitation and aggression. God answered our prayers when we were led to The Hope Center in Fayetteville, GA.

They welcomed him with open arms and worked to make him feel at home and at ease. The staff is very engaging and reaches out to the families of their residents to ensure a smooth transition.

We were so impressed with the level of care and the cleanliness of the facility that we didn’t hesitate to move our mother there a few weeks later when she expressed she wanted to be near our father so she could visit him daily.

We’ve seen first hand the love they have for our parents and for our family. The facility is set up with villages based on resident needs and capabilities. This works wonderful for our parents. While our father is now advanced in his disease, our mother was diagnosed more than two years ago but remains “happy forgetful” as we call it. We know each parent is receiving the level of care needed for their stage of Alzheimer’s.

Our mother is able to participate in activities, games, arts and crafts with the staff and residents and enjoys programs and services available to her. Getting her hair washed and set by a beautician on site is one highlight of her week. The staff accompanies her to visit with our father and keeps her safe and manages her medication.

The full staff, from the front office, to the care givers, the maintenance and support staff even to the kitchen staff greet our parents by name with kind words and love. They’ve made themselves available to answer questions, discuss any concerns and always gives more than we ever expected in terms of love, kindness and care to our parents and our family.

If you are looking for a clean, safe and loving place for a parent or relative, we challenge you to visit The Hope Center. We are certain you will not be disappointed.

Excellence

I am truly overwhelmed by the caring and compassion that exists at Hope Center Memory Care in Fayetteville. Everyone goes above and beyond to provide care not only for the residents, but for the family as well.

At Hope Center, the caring and professional approach, the individualized care plans that foster growth in the resident’s cognitive abilities, the care that encompasses the entire individual, and the multitude of activities that keep the residents engaged, has truly been a blessing for my Mom. She has spoken more in the last few weeks than she has in the last six years. I may not understand all she is talking about, however, that she talks and is more engaged is such a blessing. We actually sang some Christmas carols together last week! The fact that my mom smiles a lot now and that she seems truly happy is just priceless to me.

I cannot thank everyone enough for all they have done for my family and I during a most difficult time and for so graciously answering my many questions. Also, I thank you for providing mom with the option of respite care during the crisis period when I could not adequately care for her at her home and prior to her transitioning to resident status.

When I enter Hope Center Memory Care, I feel like I am home with family. I am forever thankful, grateful, and blessed to have been referred to Hope Center by someone I had never even met in person.

Thank you all at Hope Center Memory Care of Fayetteville for truly living up to your Core Values.

From an Ohio Buckeye to a Georgia Peach

My cousin would never have been able to move from Ohio to Georgia without the help of A Place For Mom and Rebekah/Hope Center Memory Care. They never gave up on us!!! My cousin is now being cared for by experienced, trained professionals. The Hope Center offers many activities as well as differentiated levels of care. Their goal is to care for the total individual- spiritually, emotionally, physically, and cognitively. The facility is clean and well maintained. I would recommend The Hope Center to anyone looking for the best care for their loved one. I am extremely satisfied with the care my cousin is getting. Thank you for putting my mind at ease. Anyone looking for assisted living for a loved one should tour The Hope Center. You will not be disappointed!

GLAD I TOURED!!

[Removed] - Thank you so much for the tour. The community is beautiful. Like I said on the other reviews. I almost did not tour based on the reviews. I am glad I did. I could see with my own eyes that the residents were very well cared for and happy. The staff made me feel welcomed. I'm looking forward to the move in.

Hope of Horrors

We should have checked patient families for experiences. The facility is nice when you tour and very quiet. The receptionist are very sweet (but they are not always at their desk). That's where wonderful ends and nightmare begins. You have 2 Aides per wing (16 pt at capacity) and a Med Tech who floats. (at any given time of the day several different (shifts) CNA's can be found sitting in the residents dining area on their phones) Our family member ran out of medication after the 2 week supply they arrived with was gone . No one called us or the RX, MD as to why they had no meds it was 4 days when I found our family member in a deteriorated state barely able to walk When I asked an Aide what's going on she said "Well ( ) ain't had any medicines in 4 days." After much effort and a call to the RX some of the meds were delivered at 1AM Sat morning , but not the main medication desperately needed.. I was told by one Med Tech it would probably come in morning. Well the next day no meds. Next Med Tech says RX doesn't deliver on Weekend your family member will just have to wait until Monday, turns her back to me and walks off ! I was [Removed] by one of the DON's on Monday morning for questioning the rude med tech who said our FM would have to wait until Monday for Meds in front of the Med Tech ! We ended up taking our FM to the ER to get the medications. I'd like to say that things got better, but they just got worse by the week ! Within 6 weeks we removed our family member [Removed]. In the 6 weeks our family member lost 15lbs . There should be a BBB for these facilities. We filed a report with the [Removed] who said we may or may not get a call from the State ???? ** Red flag STATE WILL ALWAYS CALL. We phoned ourselves and filed charges. Just because your family member has dementia do NOT dismiss their claims. Let me also say I witnessed a patient in a geri chair being propelled from his room so hard that he entered the hallway and bounced off the opposite wall. Neither aide attending him came out into the hallway when they heard me ask him if he was okay. They had an epidemic of stomach bug, flu and upper respiratory going around for weeks. We would routinely see Aides enter the room to toilet the patient, go through their drawers, clothing, bedding wearing the gloves and leave the room never disposing of the gloves then re -enter the room to finish toileting redress patient. One patient was sitting in the common living area on the sofa with a trash can between her legs to throw up in. This place has more than a FEW bad apples, it appears to be an established care practice. I now have difficultly sleeping for worry about the poor patients that are still in that place. We were never approached by the [Removed] that our concerns were being looked into and[Removed], she ([Removed]) did however let us know we would still owe them for another month once we told them we were leaving. They can change Administrators, but unless the staff is cleaned up I would strongly suggest for anyone to avoid this place at all cost !!!

Staff are helpful and friendly. Facility is maintained and clean. Help is always available and all seem to care for the comfort of the residents.

I really found your information helpful, so helpful that I have used your suggestion and have put my husband in your recommended home. Thanks again.

A PLACE FOR DAD

This is a wonderful place. The people are so helpful to the patients and the people that come to see the patients. They make you fell so welcome we you stop by for a visit. And the patients seen to enjoy their surroundings. They have a sidewalk in the back area and my father enjoys me pushing him in his wheel chair. There are trees and flowers and water flowing out of containers. My dad enjoys all of it. He would like to get out of the wheel chair and rock in the large rocking chairs.

Horrible place

If you going or a visit, it is great. Once your loved one is in there, it is a nightmare. The nurses stand around on their phones and iPads. Very uncaring, just there for a paycheck. If your loved one can't feed themselves, they will not get fed properly. Definitely get references from patients families - not the people/numbers they give you. When you go to visit your loved one, the patients are drugged up and sitting around in wheelchairs. And if they get sick or injured, the staff waits too long to get medical care.(days or weeks). From what we experienced, this place is a death sentence.
Their Facebook reviews are great because they can edit and delete what they don't want you to see.

Things are going great

Things are going great with her. I was just down there to visit the other day. The staff is friendly and kind and the facility is always very clean. They have a great level of care and great caregivers here.

Good Choice

The physical building is rather new, appropriately decorated with warm colors and nicely maintained. The staff is always willing to share information when asked questions.

The more functional wing is short on activities that clients can participate in when the person is more introverted.

The Community Director, Rebekah Curtis, went above and beyond to assist me in getting my mom admitted as a resident. The CNAs are younger than the CNAs in the other facility Mom lived in. They lack a little of the life skills because of their age, but are very good at meeting Mom's care needs (transfer, feeding, personal hygiene, etc). This is our first experience with a memory care unit, so I don't have anything really to compare Hope Center to, but, for the most part we are pleased with the facility and level of care.

Nice place, overall

Overall our experience with Hope Memory Care Center was a good one. It is a nice looking place, and the staff are friendly and caring.

Happily Recommend To Anyone

Overall the experience has been good for Shirley my sister and how they relate to me. Always tell me everything I need and I would happily recommend this facility to anyone looking for a place.

Nice looking memory care

We toured this community when we were looking into memory care options for a loved one. This place looked nice enough, and the staff all seemed friendly and professional. However at this point we had already seen facility that we liked more.

Our family would and has recommended ...

Our family would and has recommended this facility to others experiencing this desease . The level of care has exceeded our expectations .