Great Location!!

I am happy so far with how well my mother has been doing since she moved into this community. The apartment is a little small for all of her staff but we are making accommodations as best as possible right now. They have an activity center there that I thought was a cool amenity to get all of the residents involved with one another and enjoy games throughout the week. Overall we are happy and would recommend this place to anyone.

It really does feel like home to Mom

It's been almost 4 years ago that Mom and Dad made the huge decision to make life easier for both of them. After visiting other facilities, Mom knew the minute she walked into Hilltop, she was "home."
The friendships have brought Mom through a very difficult time when Dad went home to be with Jesus.
The staff is very creative in all the planned activities. They are always friendly and willing to make Mom's life as easy as possible.
Knowing she is comfortable and happy is such a relief for me as well.
Hilltop Commons is a very special place. All it takes is a willing spirit to want to get along together, and make new friends. Mom has succeeded in doing both.

Review of Hilltop Commons - Grass Valley, CA

I like the residents here. We have a great staff (kitchen and office). Also a great maintenance man.

Review of Hilltop Commons - Grass Valley, CA

We started vacationing in Nevada County in 1951. Three years later we had a family vacation home in Nevada City. In 1971, my husband retired and we moved to Alto Sierra (Grass Valley). I lost my husband in 2009. In 2014 it was time for me to move to a retirement community. Hilltop Commons was an ideal fit for me.

Review of Hilltop Commons - Grass Valley, CA

Such a great place to be in, care is wonderful from the administrator "Larry", "Sue" marketing director, "Gammie" our great chef and her staff.
What a joy they are and lets not forger the housekeepers such happy gals doing a very good job. Not forgetting our Sabrina, activity director that does a outstanding job - with love and care

Hilltop Commons - Grass Valley, CA

Friendly and helpful staff. Fun activities. Safe environment.

Hilltop Commons

I came to Hilltop in April 2015 and the feeling of home came first -- the warmth from the staff and the friendliness of the residents. It is your choice to join in the entertainment, trips, games, or enjoy ones own apartment. You can share your memories here at Hilltop Commons.

Hilltop Commons - Grass Valley

1. Has great programs
2. Keeps people involved
3. Has good meals
4. Good living conditions

Hilltop Commons - Grass Valley, CA

Hilltop Commons is a great Independent Senior Community! all the people are warm and inviting, including the staff. The food is great as well.

Hilltop Commons - Grass Valley

We have lived here for 9 months. We love the area and enjoy the guests, everyone is so nice. The cleaning girls and the head cook are nice, Kelly and Larry Day are terrific.

Hilltop Commons

We love this place. My mother loves living here. She loves the people, the food, "in fact there is nothing that I don't love".

Hilltop Commons

This is home now! I love it.

Hilltop Commons

Hilltop has a great staff and lots of things to do! The housekeepers are great! They do everything for me I need to have done. Our activities director Sabrina always has fun games and makes us laugh, which is good for our health! I'm very glad I live here. I feel secure and well cared for.

Great.

Hilltop Commons

Before I chose to move into Hilltop I visited every large senior residence in the Grass Valley area. I came to Hilltop the last day of my tours. The minute I walked in I was amazed at the wonderful atmosphere. There was happy music in the background, people were milling about, playing cards and chatting and laughing with each other. The apartment, a one bedroom, is larger than any of the other facilities. I can't praised the dining room staff and the food enough. I am on a special diet and was worried at first but the Chef has gone out of her way to make my meals as delicious as possible. The Staff, from the boss, to the cleaing girls are sweet and kind and make us feel like we are their own grandmothers and grandfathers. There are almost as many men living here as there are women and lots of couples. The activities are so numerous that one could be busy all day every day if one chose. Gym room, library, craft room, pool room. Entertainers come about twice a week, and of course there is Happy Hour. What a difference from a life living alone at my former home. I'm happy to say that Hilltop Commons is now my HOME.

Hilltop Commons

I was first impressed by the attractiveness of the grounds and the large facility. Added to this is the spaciousness of the entrance lobby, the dining room, and the apartments themselves (at least mine is).
Next: the friendliness of the staff, starting with Susan Hudson, who was generous with her time showing all the facilities.
Big plus: the chef, or chefs, deserve to be highly complimented for the excellence of their meals.
One thing: the physical exercise equipment seems a bit limited -- but then I'm very active for my age.

Hilltop Commons

Have been here for almost three years and find this facility most desirable in every way.

Hilltop Commons

This is the first place we came to. Walked in the front door and felt at home. Told my daughter don't want to look anywhere else. Been here 3 years and I loved it. This is my home. All the employees are wonderful. The residents are great. All my kinds of people. Every window I look out of it is just beautiful. Lots of trees.

Hilltop Commons

Very nice place to stay, I cannot believe how fast the time goes. I thought I would be bored, however I'm not. The people who work here are very special, they have to be to put up with us! I'm still learning to be laid back and enjoy, after taking care of my sick husband. so nice to not cook after 66 years of cooking, cleaning, shopping etc. Read a good book, enjoy, it's enough!

Hilltop Commons

We have lived here for almost one year and we are very comfortable in many ways. The staff is very efficient and very knowledgeable and care for the comfort of everyone.

Hilltop Commons

I have no complaints - only gratitude.

Easy Set-Up

They have made it very easy for setting things up. There could maybe be a little more assistance with helping the clientele out in the beginning. It is a little confusing for elderly coming in to a new spot.

Hilltop Commons Seniors’ Community is a casual country retreat for seniors located in the charming Sierra Foothills community of Grass Valley, nestled among acres of towering pines. There are plenty of community events, performing arts, historic parks, restaurants and other outdoor recreation to make it the retirement destination of your dreams. Plus, our caring and friendly staff, cozy one and two bedroom apartments, spectacular views, and busy activity schedule make Hilltop Commons the fun and friendly place to call home. No more house and lawn maintenance chores, just more time to enjoy friends, family and life’s simple pleasures. You’ll love the independent lifestyle and sense of comfort you’ll get in this quaint Gold Country hideaway.

Hilltop Commons is the friendly retirement community that truly rises above the rest.