The Downside of a Great Apartment Complex

I agree with much of what has been said by other residents. I love my apartment. It's bright and large and borders on woods, making it pleasant to sit on the balcony. Nice kitchen, nice layout. Many positives. The residents are friendly and helpful. The location is excellent!

However, I do not appreciate the management. Spoken information given before I rented was wrong! The building I am in has no indoor parking available, and I was told it would probably be only 2-3 months before a space was available: I have since talked to other residents who have informed me they had waited 8 months - 10 months - even a year before getting indoor parking.

I also had asked about whether there was softened water here. "Oh, absolutely!", I was told. Not true. It was very hard and this area has very, very hard water. Response to my comments about the water were of the "whatever" sort!

There are two buildings; one is occupied by the manager-couple and is seemingly well-maintained, i.e. plowed first and well as soon as it snows, and walkways are well treated so they are not icy. That is not true in "my" building. There is also plenty of indoor parking and consistent softened water.

The next problem is: this is supposed to be a "no smoking" premises. However, smoking is allowed in apartments that are "grandfathered in" (no such rule exists in reality), and the halls smell awful from smoke and smoke gets into other apartments. I should think "no smoking on the premises" MEANS there is no smoking.

There are more negatives, but this is enough.

I cannot move again. I will not move again. I can only hope that the management improves.

I have lived in over a dozen rentals as an adult, and seen good and bad management. This is not good.

Terri Pearce

I'm sorry to hear that you have not been satisfied with your experience at Hillside Woods.

I understand your frustration with underground parking. Unfortunately, Hillside Woods I was not built with a 1:1 ratio for apartments & parking. The actual wait time for availability for underground parking varies. In the meantime, we offer underground parking at Hillside Woods II for our Hillside Woods I residents.

For soft water, we use a third party vendor. Salt is delivered monthly. There was a short period of time where the water softener was not working properly, but that has since been resolved.

The contract for snow removal is for the entire property and are equally maintained.

Our policy on smoking is that we will not knowingly rent to anyone who smokes. This policy has been in place for over ten years. There are still a few residents who were in place before the policy went into effect and hence, “grandfathered”. Other than these apartments, there is no smoking allowed in the buildings or on the property.

Sincerely,
Terri Pearce
Regional Manager

Review of Hillside Woods in Delafield, WI

I was living in Colorado and saw the apartment complex online. I called and talked to the manager Tony. She was very helpful every time I called which was many. I have never rented a large apartment. Tony helped with very important information. Size, floor, if it had balcony or what ever I needed to know. Great mangers Tony.

Review of Hillside Woods I - Delafield, WI

My apartment is my home, very spacious and comfortable, with a fabulous southern view of trees and greenery as well as the wintry landscape. The friends I have made are many and wonderful and the management truly care about and take care of all of us.Various group activities are offered and participation is up to the individual. It is hard for me to imagine living anywhere else!

Review of Hillside Woods - Delafield WI

Staff is very helpful. Everyone is very close here- very nice place to live - lots to do.

Review of Hillside Woods in Delafield, WI

I live here at Hillside Woods and I really love it here. The managers are great and do a terrific job. I would recommend this place to anyone.

Review of Hillside Woods I in Delafield, WI

I have lived here since Nov 2009. this community is my home and neighborhood. Our managers do a great job in and when people ask for help. Polite and knowledgeable! I find most people here friendly and willing to help each other. One can be as involved as you want to be or not at all and that's okay.

Review of Hillside Woods I in Delafield, WI

I am very happy here with many friends among the residents. It's a friendly, well maintained facility with a friendly and effective strong management / maintenance team. Privacy is respected, warm community of friends as desired is available. There are many activities available and leadership and participation among residents is appreciated and fostered.

Review of Hillside Woods I in Delafield, WI

This is a very beautiful community and very quiet and friendly. Our building is very well kept and management is very mindful of our needs and comfort. I have lived here for 6 years.

Review of Hillside Woods I in Delafield, WI

With all things monitored and taken care of, family, friends, Kitty (my roommate) and myself included are relaxed and happy. I am proud to say this is home.

Review of Hillside Woods I in Delafield, WI

For me, the complex is great. The services are very good. Can't say that there is anything that I would change. If at any time I have a need to be with people, someone is here. If I want my privacy, I can have it. Yes, the last 14 years has worked for me.

Review of Hillside Woods I in Delafield, WI

Well managed, well maintained, close to shopping centers, close to various restaurants.

Review of Hillside Woods I in Delafield, WI

Living at Hillside Woods Senior Apartments has given me great peace of mind. I am grateful for the clean well maintained apartment - thanks to the superior management team that is caring and very efficient! Our community offers social interaction, education and emotional support. I am blessed to be a resident!

2 bedroom- $771; garage- $40; 1 bedro...

2 bedroom- $771; garage- $40; 1 bedroom-$655 heat, water, trash included; off silvernail rd

Hillside Woods II 55+ Adult Community sits off the road in a beautiful country-like setting. Hillside Woods II offers 60- one and two bedroom income eligible and market rate apartments for persons 55 and better. Come visit Hillside Woods to see all that it has to offer.