HIGHGATE HOUSE - WENATCHEE - Wenatchee, WA

HIGHGATE HOUSE - WENATCHEE - Wenatchee, WA has yet not published prices.

problems persist despite their efforts to improve

The food service and quality is poor.
There are minimal activities and quite a few are supposed to be "resident led" which means they don't occur. They consider parking residents in front of a big TV as a major activity.

The med-techs are efficient and very kind. The nursing staff don't follow through.
There are a few very dedicated, kind care givers but for the most part there is constant turnover in the caregivers. This is very confusing for residents. Because of the turnover, quite a few of the caregivers don't even know what to do or what is going on in the facility.

The biggest problem in the whole facility is poor communication.
The executive director has listened to our concerns but nothing seems to change, the problems still persist.

Highgate care

My Dad (age 94) currently lives in the Cottage at Highgate. We moved him there from another center because of understaffing and poor care that resulted in a medical emergency .

Since moving to Highgate I feel we are experiencing a much higher level of care by well trained caregivers who treat our Dad with kindness and professionalism. Highgate is one of the more expensive care centers but they have chosen to hire a higher number of employees who are well trained and committed to their profession. I have never heard any of the staff complain about their employer unlike previous center. Communication with the administrative staff is very good. They take "ownership" for all activities and are compassionate even when Dad is having difficulties.

Adam Bryan

Thank you for the kind review. We appreciate your thoughts and are pleased you are happy with the level of care.

Current review of Highgate

My loved one has been at highgate for 5 years and periodically we have an issue that needs to be looked into and resolved. So far my concerns have been listened to and dealt with. I am currently in the middle of an issue concerning the quality of care that is being worked through. My scores are on the lower end due to this issue not being finished yet.

Adam Bryan

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We would like to be sure that all of your concerns are heard; please feel free to call our Customer Support Specialist, Keith, at [removed]. We would love the opportunity to make sure all of your needs are met and expectations exceeded.

Thank you!

Caring and Patient Staff

I recently moved my mother into Highgate from her home of 60 years. I was very concerned about her emotional adjustment. The staff at Highgate is so caring and compassionate. In no time, everyone knew her name and preferences and have done a wonderful job of meeting her needs with dignity. The transition has been smoother than I ever expected and Mom looks and acts better than she has in months. The variety of activities has encouraged her to be involved and, during the day, she is rarely in her room. Thank you!

Adam Bryan

Thank you for the lovely review! We appreciate that you took the time to write such nice words about our community and team.

Terrible

There are two parts of the Highgate House. If you have worse dementia they put you in this separate back area, The Cottages. The front is nice but they moved my mom to the back area. The Cottages are terrible. It's a zero. I saw my mother in there, came back to LA and moved her out of there within 3 weeks. I would have taken her out immediate if I could.

It smelled terrible, nauseatingly bad. There were very few people working back there and no security. Most of my mother's things were stolen - jewelry, clothing, glasses. Twice I saw someone walking around naked and there was no one there to help them! They told me it would be $3800 and with in a month it was $5200. My mother has no physical issues, just dementia.

The food is a 5 but that's the only good thing about it.