• Memory Care Services

Activities director

Worst place I have seen all residents moping around never want do nothing only to me I saw residents willing to do anything and happy is when the new activities director was there she was amazing and wonderful you dont find people like her on daily basis she was making a diffrence to the place they should of never let her go that a person that should been kept it ashamed cause residents love her just amazing how fast that activities girl was making a diffrence some got the touch and she definitely had that impact on the place made me like more what was going on but now she gone I believe that was a huge mistake letting that activities director girl go huge who knows what gonna become of carriage hill without someone like her. If they dont bring her back I'm see that residents get better place than carriagehill to be at.

Moderate priced option. Fees reported to increase by $1500 a month went to new animations are completed. Common areas were clean and new paint in the rooms. Not much staff in evidence.

Don’t bring a loved one here

The turn over of employees will boggle your mind. The care that is given is ridiculous. You never know who the administrator are, who you address a concern with, and who’s in charge of what. You ask a question and no one ever gets back to you. When something happens they scramble to cover their back sides.
This place is less than appealing when it comes to hygiene. Patients are allowed two showers a week. Really!, even when they have an issue with cleanliness it’s still two showers a week.
I have had a loved one there for a while and my experience today only confirmed that I will be looking at another facility.
The staff with the exception of a few are lazy, and uncaring. Lack compassion as well as common sense.

Don't Go THERE!

It is so disheartening to have a family member or a friend in this facility. These patients do not just decide to have dementia one day. They are at the mercy of their brains and they cannot change that. The care received at Carriage Hill is terrible. There were some of the employees who seemed to care, but they are stretched so thin, and they do not like each other, so that makes it even worse. I realize that these employees make very little money and the turn over is unbelievable, but maybe administration should consider giving more to the people who are making them money or hiring more people to make working conditions better so that these things do not happen. My family member never a clean pair of clothes on when I went to visit. She rarely even had on any of her clothes. Her hair was rarely ever combed. I had to constantly ask them to wash her hair. The answer to that was that she did not want her hair washed. REDIRECT PEOPLE, it usually works. I would not place anyone at this facility if I had any other choice. My family member died and not one person from Carriage Hill even contacted us to tell us how sorry they were. My family member had been at the facility for over two years at this point. Sad.Sad.Sad

Marketing Manager

We are so very sorry for the loss of your loved one. We strive to always provide the caring, compassionate service that all of our residents deserve.

See for yourself

Put [Removed] in your search bar engine. Look up Carriage Hill and click on it. Numerous violations and license expired. At the facility on their wall behind the glass is a notice from the state refusing to renew their license and has started the lengthy process of shutting down the facility.

Un-bearable and Disappointed facility

I would rate this property a negative 100 if given the opportunity. My mother in law is at the facility for dementia and the staff and nurses don't care about her well being. Now when we are sent the bill for her care oh they want their money but no care goes into this facility. All they care about is staying on their cell phones or watching television and smoking every five minutes. The living conditions are un-bearable. It's a shame that when you walk into the facility the first thing you smell is piss especially from the rooms. Very disorganized and very unprofessional

Attractive and Well Kept

Carriage Hill is a very attractive, well-kept, Assisted Living facility that also offers Alzheimer's Care. It is located in a quiet neighborhood, off Route 460; it is also one of the few Assisted Living facilities in the Lynchburg/Bedford Area that take insurance & Medicare. In my experience, the administrator was very welcoming & informative. The staff I encountered during my weekly visits were friendly & helpful; I was told that a variety of activities were provided, however not when I was there. While the overall care for this ambulatory was good.

2 main concerns were expressed by the family. The first was that the patient had to see the MD contracted to cover the facility, instead of the physician who had treated her for many years (she saw her own specialists). The other concern of the family was that despite the patient having cardiac problems, including low blood pressure & a history of falling, her blood pressure was only checked once a month! When I questioned this, I was told that it was the normal procedure for this facility. I don't know what the Standard of Care for Assisted Living facilities is regarding checking vital signs, however, in a population with multiple health problems, who take a variety of medications, my view is that this is very inadequate. Regular blood pressure checks can prevent strokes, heart attacks & other cardiovascular events that can cause severe disabilities &/or death. If you choose this facility, I would suggest that you request the doctor order blood pressure checks, at least once a day.

Located in the heart of the quaint and historic town of Bedford, Virginia, Carriage Hill Retirement is more than just an assisted living and memory care community.

Situated on over fifteen acres of natural beauty overlooking the Blue Ridge Parkway, the all-inclusive lifestyle that we provide is catered to meet the individual needs of each one of our residents.

Carriage Hill Retirement offers a full compliment of lifestyle choices to meet your personal needs. Assisted Living, Respite Care, Memory Care, and Rehabilitation Care programs are available.

There are no long term commitments or buy-ins required, and generous amenities are included in your monthly fee.

A qualified and attentive staff are available around the clock to provide caring and compassionate service.

While Carriage Hill Retirement specializes in Assisted Living and Memory Care, our amenities, facilities, and activities create an environment and atmosphere that is perfect for all residents. The team at Carriage Hill Retirement is ready to welcome you home.

Carriage Hill is Family...The Way it Should Be!