Outstanding Care

The staff is outstanding and they provided great care for our family member. The facility is clean and well organized, with several smaller dining areas and a secure courtyard for residents to enjoy when the weather cooperates. One of the nicer facilities and hands down the best staff I've worked with.

Beautiful facility for memory care. Top notch accommodations for a family member. $$

Following Through With Care

My mom is doing good as a resident of the community. The facility is kept clean, it is fantastic. She has been eating fantastic meals. They do get her out of her room and she goes to the main area. They try to encourage her to try activities but she is able to go to her room if she likes.

Their taking good care of my dad

My dad is settling in well here, the community is very nice, well-kept up and my dads apt is just right for him. They do work at keeping him busy, and there is a lovely courtyard in the center of the community that is secured and there is also a walking path for the residents to use. Dad likes going to the dining room and they even offer a private family dining area which is nice. I am very happy with the staff and the way they care for my dad. Eventually, my dad's wife will be joining him here after her surgery.

Outstanding Attention for my husband

The care from this community. The Aides are very special and they have been very nice to my husband. I know that this helpful. The community is very clean and always maintained. I have had the meals with my husband and the menu is very nice and the dining experience is very nice. I like that they do not use papers I know that he is offered to participte in the activities from time to time.
I would highly recommend this community to other families.

Improve social aspect of community

My mother was a resident here. I wasn't very happy with them. It is a complete memory care facility and I felt that I put my mother in an institution.They did not offer or suggest physical therapy to her. She wasn't interacting and was just existing. They would get her ready for the day and I felt she was just eating and sitting. They could improve the social aspect of things for residents to make it a better experience.

Heritage Point - Mishawaka, IN

Dear Heritage Point Friends,

Thank you very much for the gift blanket you sent. It was very thoughtful. I also want to thank all of you for taking such good care of my mom over the two years she lived at Heritage Point. Even though she could not always express it, I think she was happy living there.

The following is taken from the remembrance I gave for my mom at her funeral Mass:

The last few years, Mom was noticeably declining, as the years and dementia would start to take their toll. Through all this, with help, Mom stayed in her home, still taking care of it as she always had. Heart issues two years ago changed that, requiring that she have better care than what could be provided at home. 2 years and one day before she died, Mom entered Heritage Point in Mishawaka. She was no longer able to be in her own home, her being the stubborn head that she was, she took to her new environment, still able to walk with her walker until just a few weeks ago. She seemed to very much like the interaction she would have with the staff. The staff would comment to me that they thought of her as "their Mother". The hard choice to take her out of her home was made easier by knowing that she would be around such loving and caring people. I'll never forget this and will always be grateful to the staff at Heritage Point. You took care of my mom, and supported me in more ways than you can know.

I sincerely thank you all for the care you gave my mom. I also want to express my admiration for what you do for all the residents you care for. It is a noble and wonderful calling.

[Removed]

Our father loved you all & there are no words to express the appreciation for the love & care you gave him!

We appriciated the care & many friendships that we made over the past 2 years!

My friend is so much happier at this facility than her previous facility. It is a beautiful place!

My mom is well taken care of, she is always dressed nicely & clean. RN is are very attentive. If there are any issues they call me. I feel my mom gets good care.

Highly Recomend this facility

Excellent attention and care. Bright, clean and cheerful.

They were veryyyyyy helpful in answering all questions,went out of there way to help.Moved. my FIL there 2weeks ago.He says there really nice and friendly.Also said they feed him to much food.I Watched them work with some patience that are in worst stages of Dementia ,there so patient and talk to them ..What we also like is my FIL is a night time walker in middle of night,so he can walk all he wants and CANNOT get out.That was are biggest worry..Very clean and no smells,friendly.

Dad loves it!

When searching for a good Alzheimer's community, A Place for Mom referred our family to four different care centers. We chose Heritage Point for a number of reasons. The community is fairly new and, while I have not been there personally, my brother, Dad and Mom think it is a wonderful place. The staff is very open to my staying in touch with them and were very helpful in putting together a plan for my Dad. The community seems to be aware of the latest care for Alzheimer's residents and feels he's at a resort. My mother is able to visit him every other day and also feels that Heritage Point is a very nice place. Pricing for Heritage point was very reasonable, based on prices I was quoted for other communities. The family is very happy with our decision.

Lorene Bower

Thank you for your kind review. We are thrilled to learn that your Dad's transition into life at Heritage Point has been positive. As a community we are committed to healthy family communication and will continue to work to keep you informed.