Heritage Hills Memory Care - Oceanside, CA

Heritage Hills Memory Care - Oceanside, CA has yet not published prices.

Warm Caring Staff, Messy House Keeping

The staff and nurses were all loving, kind and helpful. My mother enjoyed the food and she was very picky. They were also able to get her out of her room and active with others. Prior to coming here she would not leave her room. The only reason they did not get a full 5 star rating from me was their house cleaning. My mother's room was not kept up and her washing was alway behind and she ended up with other people's close all the time.

Heritage Hills - A Lovely Place

With much reluctance, almost a year ago, we had to place my mom in a memory care facility. With the help of A Place For Mom we found and decided on Heritage Hills in Oceanside. HH turned out to be a wonderful place with lovely people who took good care, not only of our mom, but our dad-who visited our mom 2x/day everyday-as well. Thank you Heritage Hills far making this most difficult decision and transition okay...better than okay.

Good, caring folks

Good folks, caring staff, nice environment. The activities staff are great at engaging the residents. I especially appreciated those willing to engage with my mom, one on one as she was often disoriented and hard to understand.

A gorgeous new facility that feels like a posh hotel. Great features and activities. Excellent security. Love the all inclusive billing plan; regardless of the resident's level of care. The only downside for us was the lack of an open outdoor area, garden, or walking path. There is an enclosed sun room or atrium with planters, but everything is enclosed and our mom really likes being out of doors in the fresh air.

Dad is settling in

My dad is in this brand new community. With all new places there are things to be worked out. They are doing pretty good with my dad. The caregivers are good I have no complaints with them. It is nice and clean. The food is great and he eats 3x a day and snacks are available too. In fact we asked them to cut back on the portion size. He joins in the daily activities and I will receive a text alert when he checks into an activity which I love, they will send pictures too. Last week they were frosting some christmas cookies and they were giving them to the paramedics and firemen.

Very kind and accommodating staff

My Mom lives here and things have been good so far. There was one glitch at the beginning that we had (that has since been rectified) but everything else has been good. There’s always someone from management that’s on site, even on the weekends. The staff has been excellent. They’re so sweet to Mom and they’re very attentive. Her hair is always done and they even do her nails often, which the other ladies that live there also love. The facility is kept very clean. The kitchen bakes cookies for Christmas and after they’re done, they’ll move everyone to another room while they clean up so I think they have a good system set up for cleaning and keeping things orderly. They’ll take everyone out for lunch or dessert and they have different board games available. They really like to keep everyone busy and the only time the TV is on, while I’ve visited, is at night. I would recommend them for others, my Mom has been happy here.

Grandma seems happy!

My Grandma is here and so far things have been going great. Actually it’s going a lot better than we thought it would go. The staff is very friendly, very helpful, and there’s a lot of one on one with people. They try to get everyone involved with activities to get them out of their rooms, which was a big positive for my grandma because she was never able to get out. They have everything from painting class to a hula dancer coming by and teaching them how to dance and all about the culture. They have cooking classes, they have pretty good lunches and dinners and I even ate there once (it was pretty good). They have some outings around town and just recently they’ve started having the residents getting out of the vehicle and exploring. There’s a ton of options for food and when it’s time to eat there isn’t a menu to choose from, but there’s a variety of food that they get and there’s dessert after. The facility itself is very clean and they’re still basically brand new. Every time I go over there it seems to be spotless. Overall, I think she’s happy here.

Tour for care

We toured this community and found the staff to be helpful and caring. I liked the staff who were nice and able to answer the questions we had. The community was clean and it was a positive environment. We would recommend this community to other residents.