Commonwealth Senior Living at Williamsburg - Williamsburg, VA

Commonwealth Senior Living at Williamsburg - Williamsburg, VA has yet not published prices.

Very nice facilities. Program director was a upbeat enthusiastic person who was captivating.

Loved this place, wonderful tour, happy residents, a good value. It needs a little carpet cleaning (said it was happening soon, snowy weather was the problem) but the dining room is attractive and the staff friendly. Would recommend it!

Impressed by the facility and features. Assisted living apartments are all different sizes and prices. Care is in addition to the apartment price and is based on grade (1-4). Laundry is $75.00/month extra. The staff cleans the apartment twice a week but does not change the bed linens as a matter of course.

Impressed by the facility and features. They use air fresheners in the common areas but not in the apartments. I am particularly sensitive to scents and the air fresheners were so strong that by the time we left the facility I had a headache and my nostrils and sinuses were burning. Assisted living apartments are all different sizes and prices. Care is in addition to the apartment price and is based on grade (1-4). Laundry is $75.00/month extra. The staff cleans the apartment twice a week but does not change the bed linens as a matter of course.

Beautiful apartments that were recently renovated. If I were looking to rent an apartment for my Dad that would be great. I didn't get a warm fuzzy feeling for the care provided. That was based on the lack of someone available to talk about care during my scheduled visit.

Worth looking into.

The community is currently in the process of transitioning to offer assisted living and memory care. The staff are nice. They have a continental breakfast and an evening meal included in your monthly rate. The food is acceptable. They offer daily activities and entertainers that come in. The community is clean and well taken care of. I would encourage people to look at multiple community before making a decision.

I am a very happy camper. :-)

Moving into Commonwealth has been a rewarding experience. I am settling in to a positive housing experience. The staff has been very helpful. Ginger Ragan , [Removed] the Project Supervisor and the rest of the staff have gone out of their way to make mine a smooth transition. Any questions or concerns I have had have been handled in a fast and courteous manner. Yesterday we had a Veteran's breakfast for Veterans Day and my picture was placed on the wall with the other Veterans living here. This made me feel very welcomed into the the Commonwealth family. Well most of my family lives nearby in Williamsburg living here gives me a sense of independence and I can take a nice nap when I want to.

A Pleasant Experience

My mother lived here for a while and everything went pretty well. This is a lovely community, they do a good job of keeping the community nice and clean. There a great activities offered. They serve good meals. The staff was kind and very helpful. It was a pleasant experience.

Good to be around people

I’m grateful for Heritage Commons. I try to make it my home and it feels like home to me. I prefer living near other people at Heritage Commons than all alone in a house. My favorite part is the people. It’s good to be around people and I’ve made good friends here. The activity director also does a nice job planning events for residents.

Enjoying Heritage Commons

I moved to Heritage Commons in the summer of 2015. I’m familiar with the community and remember when it was being built about 5 years ago. Since moving in, I especially enjoy not having to cut the grass or maintain a house. The apartment is a good size and has lots of space. I like that I can keep an independent lifestyle here and do what I want on my own schedule. I try to stay active and use the fitness center a lot. I love that it’s onsite and it’s one of my favorite things about Heritage Commons. I don’t have to travel to go to the gym! The food is also good and there are lots of options to choose from. There are lots of activities, if you want to participate. My favorite organized activity is the weekly wine and cheese party.

Good Neighbors and Friends

I have been living at Heritage Commons for 15 months. I moved here to be with my daughter. We went to every place in Williamsburg and we liked Heritage Commons the best. In Florida, I had very good neighbors, but we didn’t talk to each other every day. The thing I like the most about being here is that the next door neighbor really is next door and if I get lonely, I can just walk down the hall and talk to someone. I have made many friends since I’ve moved here. I have not met anyone that I did not like. The staff is very friendly and very respectful. They never call anyone by their first name. I like that everyone tries to help each other.

My dog and I love it here!

I ended up moving here because I checked all of the retirement areas and I didn’t like any of them as well as Heritage Commons. Heritage Commons was the best. I got rid of my house because I was tired of all of the responsibility and I wanted to be somewhere where I didn’t have to worry about anything. My dog loves it at Heritage Commons. She’s the therapy dog here and all of the residents play with her. This is one of the nicest places I’ve been in and I’ve checked out all of the senior living communities across the city. You don’t have to worry about anything here, it’s all taken care of. The exercise room is great! They have all kinds of workout equipment and you can work out right at the community. I like how everything is self-contained. There’s a beauty parlor, a dining room that serves breakfast and dinner, a craft room where we can play cards, and more. Every Monday afternoon there’s a wine and cheese social and every Wednesday afternoon there are ice cream socials. What isn’t there to like about the place?

A Friendly Place

Heritage Commons is the perfect place for me. I have an apartment that allows dogs. My apartment has an outside entrance to the back, so my dog can easily go outside and play in the grass. I looked at some other places and I liked how Heritage Commons has no buy-in fee and no long-term leases. It’s near the William and Mary campus where I spend a lot of time as I’m a William and Mary graduate. I go to the football and basketball games. I also belong to a women’s Lunch Bunch with some other residents at Heritage Commons. There’s always something to do. I have many friends in the area and my brother is only an hour away. If you are looking for a place that’s friendly, that isn’t terribly expensive, that has good food, and friendly people, then this is the place to be.

Feels Like Home

I enjoy living at Heritage Commons and like the freedom of doing what I want. The people are very friendly and I like all the activities that are available. I’ve lived here for four years and have always found it easy to talk to friends and other residents. I’ve made lots of friends at Heritage Commons. I came here not knowing anyone and it was hard at first, but it didn’t take long for people to introduce themselves. I’ve even gotten involved on the Residents Council. The staff is very good and helpful! They know your name from the minute you walk in the door and are always available to help. I have a good apartment and it’s very spacious. I really like that I don’t have to cook or clean. I love the décor of the community and it feels like home!

Living Here Is Great

I enjoy living at Heritage Commons and have been here for over a year. I lived here with my wife before she passed away. We moved to Williamsburg after my wife got sick so we could be close to our son. We looked at multiple independent living communities and liked Heritage Commons the most. My daughter and granddaughter liked it too. The apartment is a good size and has a complete kitchen, which is a plus. I like being able to cook for myself if I want to, but it’s also nice to use the dining room. I love the food! The portions are an ideal size and I can have dessert each night, but I try to be good. There is always a variety of food and lots of healthy options too. I’ve also gotten involved in activities and met lots of new friends. I especially like to play billiards after dinner. Living here is great!

Good Place To Live

I lived in Florida before moving to Williamsburg to be closer to my son. The transition has been tough a times, but I like living at Heritage Commons. The staff is very accommodating. I enjoy the activities, especially bingo, and the food is very good. The apartment is a nice size and big enough for me. The people are very nice here and if you have a problem, they do their best to fix it.

A Friendly Community

I have lived at Heritage Commons for about a few months and it’s a very friendly community. I taught at William & Mary and got ill, so I needed a different arrangement and came to Heritage Commons. It’s convenient to everything and in a great location. There are a lot of services and the staff does a lot for the residents. I like both the staff and other residents. I participate in a few events, including the ice cream socials and playing cards. There are such wonderful people here and it’s great that so many residents are still so active.

I'd Recommend Heritage Commons To Anyone

I've lived at Heritage Commons for nine months and it’s a very nice place to live. The people who work here are extremely nice. Everyone is really so kind and helpful. I consider Heritage Commons my home! I love all the activities and try to participate in as many of them as I can, especially because I get to meet great people. I would recommend Heritage Commons to anyone!

Great Food and Apartment

I’ve only been at Heritage Commons a few months and really enjoy it. I’m not one for cooking and used to eat a lot of TV dinners. Now, I get chef prepared meals, which is great. I especially like the variety of foods and international foods that the chef prepares. The staff is very helpful with everything. For example, they recommended a downsizer for me and she has been terrific. My apartment is in good shape now and the staff has been so helpful with the transition. I’ve been very satisfied with Heritage Commons.

Loving Life

I’ve lived at Heritage Commons for four years and it’s been great. I like everyone who works here because they take their time with you and help you in any way that they can. All the staff members have the necessary credentials and they treat us great! I also like the bus and take it to go shopping. There are lots of activities and I enjoy playing cards and bingo. I also stay active and exercise three days a week. The food at Heritage Commons is also very good and I’m impressed with the variety. The chef will demonstrate meals for us and he’ll keep our favorite dishes on the menu. There is so much entertainment as well. I love to dance and Heritage Commons has great parties!

Happy at Heritage Commons

I was one of the first people to move to Heritage Commons when it opened. It has been five years as of August 2014. I’m very happy to live here! I love the food and it’s so delicious. The activities are fun and there’s a lot of variety. The staff and other people are so nice. I’m also happy because I’m close to family. Three of my eight children live near Heritage Commons. I’ve been in Williamsburg for 50 years and am happy to be at Heritage Commons.

Lucky to Live at Heritage Commons

The reason we live at Heritage Commons is because our daughter is in Williamsburg and we wanted to be closer to her. We are very happy to be here! Almost immediately, we were quite content living here. The atmosphere is nice and this is a community that’s conducive to making friends. It’s really a family type atmosphere. The staff is so nice and supportive. My husband passed away recently and I was in the best place possible at Heritage Commons. The staff and my friends made such a difference! Had we not been living here, I think it would have been more difficult. I’m so lucky to live at Heritage Commons.

Spacious Apartment & Active Lifestyle

I moved into Heritage Commons in March 2014 and I like living here. I love my spacious apartment! The big apartment made the transition from my house much easier. The food is delicious and it’s so nice not having to prepare dinner. The staff is very nice and friendly too. I enjoy the activities and keeping an active lifestyle. I even attend the exercise classes three times a week.

Heritage Commons Staff Rocks!

My mom has been so very happy there for the past 4+ years. A lot of that happiness comes from the caring staff who always have smiles on their faces. It gives our family so much comfort to know that mom is in the best place possible. Thank you!

Heritage Commons Is The Best

I’ve lived at Heritage Commons for more than four years, almost since the community opened. I tell people that there are lots of options for independent living, but if you want the best, go to Heritage Commons. I love the fun we have! I enjoy playing pool in the billiards room and would play 3-4 times a day if I could. I also like that Heritage Commons is pet-friendly and I really enjoy seeing my friends’ dogs around the community.

The amount of activities is also great. There are lots of options for events, like the new resident reception. That’s one of my favorite events and I love getting to know new people. All the people and staff at Heritage Commons are so friendly! Ann and Jody are especially nice and fun. I’m very happy to live here.

A Special Place

I moved to Heritage Commons in early April 2014. I love the facilities here, especially the people! I’m starting a program with Ann and Jody of the Heritage Commons staff to help members of the community share their memories. Our generation has gone from horses to rockets to men on the moon. We’ve seen so much and should share our personal histories. This program has been supported by the staff and led by residents. It has helped to build comradery and allowed us to learn about each other’s interesting stories. We meet once a month and are working to compile a book with our memories. These types of programs help make Heritage Commons special.

Happy at Heritage Commons

I like my apartment a lot, especially my kitchen. I’m happy that I have the option to prepare food in my apartment because I enjoy cooking in my apartment. I also appreciate the scheduled bus service, which takes me shopping. Heritage Commons is close to my son and his family, which is very nice.

I Love Heritage Commons

I moved to Heritage Commons a year ago. I took a tour on a Sunday and left a deposit that day because I loved the apartment and the community, especially the Fitness Center. I’ve really loved my time at Heritage Commons. I have a car, but sometimes take the bus that is provided, which helps me get around. I like all of the activities and there are so many of them! The food is fabulous and there are tons of options. You certainly don’t want for food at Heritage Commons. A nice perk is that room service is available if you want your meal brought to your room.

The staff is excellent and will help in any way they can. Everyone laughs and talks with each other, including staff and residents, which is so nice. The staff makes everything so convenient. For example, they take folks to their doctors; appointments on Tuesdays and Thursdays; all you have to do is sign up. Heritage Commons is a very nice and pleasant community!

Best decision in a long time

I like Heritage Commons and moved here four months ago. You have it all at this community, including great food, lots of activities, a movie theater, and more! Plus, it’s great that you have an emergency button in your room in case you need help. I feel like the staff keeps an eye on me, which is reassuring. I also love the location. You’re close to everything in Williamsburg and the surroundings are beautiful. Jody is as sweet as can be and the entire staff treats you like family. Everyone is so nice! Moving to Heritage Commons is the best thing I’ve done in a long time and I’m very happy with my decision.

Happy at Heritage Commons

I’ve been here at Heritage Commons since the beginning of this year and I couldn’t be more pleased! The staff, at every level, is gracious and helpful. The residents are friendly and welcoming from the very beginning. It is way beyond my expectations! Many activities, including bus trips to shopping and medical visits. BTW: Meals are great, as well!

Finding New Friends

We all know that growing old is not the beautiful sunset of life that we wish it to be. I, personally, knew that I needed to move my mom closer to me than the 300 miles that separated us during her later years.

I was becoming exasperated in my search for the perfect living conditions for Mom as she didn’t really have full assisted-living needs at this time. At long last, I was thrilled when I initially found Heritage Commons and their warm helpful personnel to aid us in our change.

Mom moved in with ease and, within no time, was meeting new people. She had been in a much larger retirement complex which didn’t really enable close personal relations. The size of Heritage Commons is perfect and has that warm encircling feeling that a lot of aging men and women find difficult to find. This feeling also encourages them to take advantage of the many activities and excursions that Heritage offers.

And as Mom is finding new friends at Heritage, she has also found a new younger friend in her own daughter!

Why I Chose Heritage Commons

Last year it became evident that both of my parents (now in their early 90’s) were not able to continue doing many of the chores and other activities they were accustomed to over the past 25 years of my father’s retirement. Yet they still desired a level of independent living, but with some of the activities planned for them and some of their daily chores managed by someone else.

After visiting all of the adult independent living facilities in our area we chose Heritage Commons. Besides offering meals, housekeeping services, in-house activities, as well as transportation services for medical, shopping, banks, etc., they also had three other important qualities we were seeking: central location, everything under one roof, and at a price that was both reasonable and did not include any buy-in fees or long-term leases.

Both of my parents are very happy in their new living arrangements and enjoy their regular walks in the well-lighted and pleasant hallways, particularly on cold or rainy days, when going outside is not an option. We’ve found the staff to be attentive, friendly, and also very accommodating.

Jody Goush was a wonderful ...

Jody Goush was a wonderful courteous host. She represented her community well. The models were beautiful; clean and staged perfectly to provide a visual of a comfortable living space. A little pricy for me at this time.

This was our first choice.

This was our first choice.

Welcome to Commonwealth Senior Living at Williamsburg, an all-inclusive senior living community managed by Commonwealth Senior Living. Our community is perfect for adults ages 55+ who want to enjoy the freedom of living in a private apartment, coupled with the convenience of having professional housekeepers for cleaning and general upkeep and a maintenance staff available for requests. With a great location in Williamsburg, we offer a carefree lifestyle without additional financial pressure. There are flexible lease terms with no large deposits and no buy-in fees, making life at Commonwealth Senior Living at Williamsburg fun and affordable.

Our 24-hour, on-site concierge, long-tenured staff, and award-winning chef set us apart from other senior living communities. As an independently-run community, the chef-prepared breakfasts and dinners reflect our residents’ interests. With a full-time Activities Director and amenities including a library, game room with pool table, hair salon, dining room, fitness center, housekeeping, linen services, scheduled transportation services, and more, we cater to our residents because you’ve earned it!

All apartment homes at Commonwealth Senior Living at Williamsburg are designed for comfortable and convenient retirement living. With a variety of floor plans, you’ll be sure to find a home that reflects your personal preferences and tastes. We encourage you to explore Commonwealth Senior Living at Williamsburg further and join us for a rewarding and carefree retirement.