The Arbors @ Port Warwick - Newport News, VA

Very Nice Community, Tour Was Nice

I had a very good tour of this community. The community looked very nice. The staff was pleasant, and friendly. The only thing my mother didn't like, was that it was more modern looking than she would like. She preferred a more traditional community. Our tour went well overall.

Warm, friendly, clean, very informative. Met with me with very little notice. Excellent location. Based on tour and information received, would Highly recommend the Arbors to those looking for independent style living.

Very clean and friendly staff. Probab...

Very clean and friendly staff. Probably needs more regular activities other than bingo. Always on top of resident's appts and activities which is a plus.

We liked the overall quality.

The food is excellent. I think it would be nice if when you move in there, getting them active or having somebody contact them and invite them to participate. When we visited, we liked the overall quality of the units, the cleanliness, the food, the people, all of those things. The location was nice as well, it's in a community environment with shops and lots of places where you can walk.

Although this property is l...

Although this property is located in a very upscale area, I felt unwanted. The apartment shown to me had recently been vacated by an occupant who downsized. With other vacancies, I felt being shown a dirty apartment was a message to me that I was not wanted in that community.

Residents at The Arbors enjoy contemporary, maintenance-free apartment living coupled with support services and personal assistance, should they be needed. The residence is secure, staffed by professionals and offers a choice of services such as housekeeping, dining and transportation, which can be individualized as preferred. Everything at The Arbors is designed to make your life easier.

Located in the Heart of Newport News within the charming Port Warwick Community with concerts, farmers market, restaurants, shops, doctor offices and parks right outside your door! With our complimentary transportation we can get you around the peninsula (Newport News, Hampton and York County) and we offer valet parking for all our residents that are still driving!

The Arbors is a division of Virginia Health Services which also owns and operates six highly rated convalescent and rehabilitation centers and one assisted living community (opening summer 2013) in the area, since 1963. In addition, we operate Virginia Health Rehabilitation Agency, which provides physical, speech and occupational therapy and Virginia Health Enterprises, which provides a wide range of home care equipment. Virginia Health Services is locally owned and operated by people you know right here on the Peninsula.