The felt like I was in a house. It was clean, well kept, the aid was friendly, along with the main contact, Jason. Although this might be an option further down the road, it wouldn't be a good fit for my mom right now.

Next best thing to home care.

My mother is currently a resident here. She has dementia and has been here for a little over a year. She moved here from one of the larger assisted living centers, where she wasn't doing well. The larger centers are good for people who are in their right minds and just need some help with ADL's. They do not provide the individual attention that people with dementia require, unless you utilize their memory care unit, which isn't always that great, either, and costs a lot more
Mother had not been eating well at the former facility, but from the first day she moved into Henican House, she has been eating quite well. I was really shocked at the difference. The staff is always friendly and helpful. When my mother has doctor's appts. and I ask the staff to have her ready at a certain time, she is ready to go.
She is always clean and neat, and the general cleanliness of the place is likewise.
The only negative I have found is that the communication between shifts is not always terrific. If I have something important that needs to be communicated, I make sure to call and remind the people on duty at the time of what needs to be done. But I can't say that it is any better anywhere else.
Some people find the cost of $4000/mo. high, but that includes everything except disposable undergarments, if your person needs them. They also don't have a mandatory yearly increase like most of the larger facilities have. There is no extra charge for medication administration. If you are considering a larger facility, be sure to inquire about these things before you commit.
All in all, I am very satisfied with Henican House. If you have someone with dementia that needs care, you won't find any better place than Henican House.

Excited to Move In

My mom is currently on the waiting list for this community. There are always two attendants on staff. I am looking forward to my mom moving in. They have told me that they not want the hoyer lift, which her current community required me to buy. I met the owner when I was looking into Henican House, and went through everything with him about my mom's care needs. They can handle total care. Peggy Stahls is part owner with him, and I really liked her. I met her at another home that she owns that my mom had been in briefly.

The house was clean and wel...

The house was clean and well suited for their residents. The particular house toured had residents in-between assisted living and memory care level of care. Appears to be a very good option for seniors requiring memory care.

Our Metairie Heights residence is conveniently located just a few blocks from Bonnabel Boulevard, between Veterans and the I-10 Service Road. The beautiful ranch home serves up to 8 residents in spacious private rooms, and an enormous adjoined dining room and living area for relaxing, socializing and activities. Our residents can relax in the beautiful outdoors with a colorful garden and mobile plant and herb boxes that allow them to enjoy gardening with ease. The stately dining set accommodates all residents for family style meals. Residents enjoy creole and southern fare that is made with love from Gerty Richardson, our House Manager who learned to cook with her family in Ville Platte, Louisiana. C’est si Bon!