The Trace Senior Community - Covington, LA

Concerned

They have been taken over by new management since my mother moved in in 2015. I certainly preferred the old staff and management. They were more personable and took time to hear the residents's issues. I do not believe that my mother's care is at the quality level it was two years ago.

We toured here and I really liked it.

We toured here and I really liked it. It wasn't where mom wanted to be, so we had to compromise. But this was a really nice place.

The Trace has been a great experience for my mother. The professional chef knows her special dietary needs and the food is delicious. I have eaten in the dining room when I visit. The rooms are larger and more attractive than the previous assisted living facility where my mother lived. The staff are friendly and made her feel at home on the first day, she moved in. I also like that all assisted-living residents wear a pendant that they can press if they need any type of help. My mom used it the first evening she was there. Help arrived within 15 minutes. Not bad!

Very great place, for any level of care for seniors. Very professional, clean, helpful, and caring staff. A great place for your parents to be safe, and social.

wonderful place

So far everything with The Trace Senior Community has been very good. My dad has dementia and he can have a little violent behavior, and they are dealing with it well for the most part. It has been a challenging situation and there are some questions I have as we work through things, but we are all working together to achieve the best outcome.

Otherwise, I think it is really a wonderful place. My parents both really like it. We just need to get my dads medications right and everything to get him under control and everything will be perfect.

No budget motel!

My father is there and without a doubt he loves it!
Its expensive no budget motel,but well worth the money.
The staff is more than friendly,very helpful in any way they can be.
Food is great! With a large selection to choose from,and I believe daily specials too.
The Trace Senior Community is over all a high end environment,centrally located,easy to find,and close to my home.
The residents was upbeat and happy to have fun activities to participate in during their stay.

Meals Can Improve

The one area I can think of that they can improve on is their meals. The meals often sound good but don't taste as good when we get it. Very clean and friendly place.