My mother has been there since the beginning and they have gone through a lot of changes but it has been the best place for her. She takes part in the acitivies that she can and the drive [Removed] is a doll when she has to go for medical appointments, and by the way she is 91.

TERRIBLE PLACE TO SEND FAMILY MEMBERS

I just want to inform others that the Heatherwood in Tewksbury Ma is a terrible place to have your family stay. The managers are not nice to the residents and family members. I will share my experience with you, my mother stayed at the Heatherwood for two months and it was the worst experience ever. [Removed] and [Removed] the managers were very unpleasant to deal with they were very rude to my mother and family members. They both don't enjoy what they are doing and take it out on the residents and family members. I personally had several incidents with [Removed] and [Removed] that were very horrible. The last incident required me to contact the Tewksbury Police Department. PLEASE DO NOT send your loving family members to this facility. Thank you very much [Removed]

Overall great place for seniors!

Managers very helpful. Food very good! Friendly atmosphere. Activities can be somewhat redundant (bingo all the time!). Would like to see more exercise classes geared toward more handicapped as well.

Great experience

Unfortunately my mother passed away before we were able to move her to Heatherwood. My sister had toured the facility and was very impressed. We had looked into a studio and one bedroom and felt that the cost was very reasonable for the area. After looking into a few other facilities, it eventually was the only facility we considered, based on the overall value. I had worked with Martin over the phone and he was friendly and welcoming. He was available to answer questions and followed up on a regular basis. He was understanding and never pushy.

The Facilities very clean , staff is friendly , tasteful environment ,but the meals aren't as tasteful. It has been an ongoing problem . You would think it wouldn't be too complicated for the community that is there over 55 . Fresh fish and chicken dishes minimal spices very simple menus .

Nice Place, Not so nice food

My father recently moved to Heatherwood. We found it to be clean and the people were friendly. However the food is awful. They seem to cater to the "younger" tenants serving mexican and spicy foods that my father who is in his 80's can't tolerate. We have spoken to the management on several occasions and nothing has been done. If they could fix the food I would give them a better review but for the money my dad pays and that includes 3 meals a day that he doesn't want to eat it's too much.

Very nice accommodations but bad food

Heatherwood is an attractive, clean and friendly place. However, the food is not appropriate for elders, especially those on special diets. While I can appreciate that it must be hard to please all, I don;t think it's too much to ask that there is an alternative simple option at every meal. There have been several cooks in the past year - none seem to be able to get it right. Not sure if it's the menus sent from central office or lack of ability of those hired, but something is wrong. Retired folks look forward to a decent hot meal and given that the monthly rent includes 3 meals, this is not unreasonable. Please fix the food so I can recommend Heatherwood to my friends for their parents. It is otherwise a well run and attractive facility.

Heatherwood Review

My aunt moved in and the place is great. She is very happy. The people are very nice. The place is clean and well kept.

A Good Experience

Having my loved one placed at the Heatherwood facility was a good experience for all of us family members, We put her in that place coming from out of state, so they made it very easy for us to do that.

A very lovely facility with many wonderful features; however, since it is 100% filled, there was little to examine on an actual apartment/studio basis. Their wall art is incredible, as is the library and theater. Exceptionally clean, but way over our budget. Lunch was tasty but very small portions....was not asked if we wanted larger portions...dessert was exceptional... and a large portion!

Clean but food could be better for the money

Food was great on our initial visit and for the first month my father lived here. Since then there have been 3 chefs and food is just OK. Parking is difficult when you visit and there aren't enough spaces for residents, staff and visitors. On the plus side, the facility is nice, clean and grounds are well kept but for the amount of $ my dad pays, I expect better food. Seems as if the facility grew too fast?

Very Helpful Staff

The sales people we dealt with were very helpful. The managers were helpful too. It would be nicer to have a little more of a personal experience, like them checking in on the residents. Other than that it has been good.

I'm amazed on how well my parents are doing here

I'm amazed on how well my parents are doing here. The adjustment was easy. The staff was very helpful in getting them involved in the community. My parents are also raving about the food. It has been a great experience. My parents are very comfortable and happy here. The facility is very clean. The staff is very friendly and nice. The value is great as well.

very satisfacory

Excellent facility for retirement living! The friendliness of both employees and residents became very obvious from the first day. Wonderful activities and medical/personal transportation provided for residents.

One week into moving!

My mother has only been here for one week. So far she has really enjoyed being here. I find the staff to be very friendly.
My best go to person so far has been Cynthia, she has always done her best to help me day or night. I know she has a very hard job getting everyone settled. I know she will be leaving sometime, I will miss her, and wish she was staying.
The other people that have been truly a lot of help has been Colleen, I believe that's her name, she cleaned my mothers room, and also always a big help at meal time. My mother really likes her. Always checking on the residents.
So in my rating, I think its a little early, but so far I am very pleased.

So far very satisfied with this beautiful place!

Had to relocate my mom who was living alone in Florida as she got older to be closer to family. Heatherwood is brand-new and beautifully appointed and an excellent value. We selected this place for her while she was in a rehab hospital so she moved in sight unseen and the look on her face when she walked said it all ...she lit up it is absolutely beautiful. She loves the food and the people and is adjusting very well.