Brookdale Mt. Hood - Gresham, OR

Brookdale Mt. Hood - Gresham, OR has yet not published prices.

A Blessing

We had an urgent need to find new living options for my mother. We decided on Brookdale Mt. Hood, and the experience, while short, was excellent. The staff, the manager, the head of nursing went out of their way to help us in any way they could. The people were excellent and very helpful, and the residents were also friendly. They were very good about housekeeping, picking up all the time, and keeping things tidy. The activities there were full of mental stimulation for the residents as well as. I didn’t get a chance to actually eat there, but the food definitely smelled good. We looked at the menu, and mealtimes always seemed full of options. Meals could even be brought up to my mother on the days when she wasn’t able to go downstairs. Overall, our experience at Brookdale was incredible, even though it was short. I’d absolutely recommend this place to others. It was a blessing.

Large, clean community

Brookdale Mt. Hood was a very large, spacious, and clean community that we toured. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable and answered all of our questions. We chose another community based on our budget needs.

My Mom Loves The Bible Study

Everything is going very well for my mom. They can most improvement when communicating times and dates for her showers. I am pretty happy with the services. She would like more activities. She likes and was happy with the outings. I picked them because they had an opening and she really liked that they have bible study and church on Sunday. The service is with the same pastor and he visits the residents too.

Comfort for my mom

I like the care from this community. The staff is caring and helpful in keeping me informed on her progress. I like that the community is clean and maintained. I like knowing that she seems to be happy with the menu of the meals. They do offer activiites for the residents who can participate. We have recommended this community for the care and the value of a loved one.

Tour and comfort

I toured this community for the care for my mom. The staff are nice and did answer my questions on the care that is given. the menu was nice and the variety seemed appealing. They had a nice list of activities and the residents seemed to be active.We needed a different type of care at the time we toured the community. We liked this community and would recommend the community to other families.

Great Care

I toured this community for care for a loved one. The staff was very nice and helpful. They offer a good menu and activities are good. They do try and help when all needs. I was not able to get into this community at this time but would recommend it to other families for the assistance that is needed for a loved one.

A nice place

This was a nice community. We were needing a community right away and the staff went and made room for my aunt for us on a minutes notice. This community is clean and well taken care of. The meals are appealing. They do offere activities here for participation. I suggest that other families visit this community to see if this is a good option for there loved one's care.

Good Care

This community is nice. The staff is good and the community is clean. They need to adjust the temperature according to the weather at times. They do offer activities to everyone. I would recommend other for the good care here.

Highly Recommended

This is a great community. My mom really like the staff members that are taking good care of her. She is pleased with the food here and the good variety. They have great activities for her to enjoy. I would recommend this community for others for good care and value.

My grandmother stayed at Brookdale for Respite Care for 3 weeks. They were able to use her equipment. She did not receive showers as often as promised and only when she asked instead of twice a week. She had to wait for some time when pushing the call button. There were many activities of different types for her to attend and the facility was easy for her to get around. The staff makes a lot of empty promises and they tend to be understaffed especially on the weekend.

Nice community!

Brookdale Mt. Hood offers a variety of activities for the residents to enjoy. The staff were very friendly and helpful in addressing all of our concerns. The community would benefit from a minor update and deep cleaning.

Looks and feels like a nursing home. One of the bingo prizes was a small bottle of bubbles. They aren't children.

I was running on empty and couldn't be more grateful to have found this place!

After having my mother in law stay with us for well over 25 years we finally made the decision to move her into Brookdale and I couldn't be happier with the decision. It definitely gives me a peace of mind knowing that she is in great hands and getting the care that she needs while still maintaining some of her independence. The staff are very nice and helpful and it helps that they are used to dealing with these situations. Since moving in she has not given them any problems taking her medications which is surprising since it was always a struggle with me. I am very happy to have found this place and couldn't be happier to have gotten help from A Place For Mom. They were delightful and it's always nice to know someone other than family is in your corner. This has been a great experience all the way around.

Expensive

The activities at this facility are great. They are fun and exciting and keep the residents engaged. The staff is friendly and they stay on top of taking care of the patients. The only downside is this place is so expensive.

Avoid Broodale Mt. Hood

This place looks nice and seems welcoming. Our experience was awful. They were super aggressive with getting us to agree to put our parents there. Even telling me to cancel my back up places because they were 100% taking them. I did just that and two days before they were supposed to move in, they rejected my father. It was awful. They were rude and refused to speak with US further. So we had no where to put them. No apologies, just no..we don't want him. Of course my parents want to stay together, but they tried to hold my mom to the "contract" the forced her to sign. Unfortunately for Brookdale they can't do that to Medicaid patients. Avoid this place, it just seems poorly run. There were miscomunications about transportation and care. It as if the just tell you what you want to hear so they can sucker You in. Then they realize they made a mistake and could care less who they hurt. Bad show Brookdale My. Hood!

Clean, consistent, friendly and dependable

So far, so good. This place seems to be a pretty good facility. The workers are caring and the people who live here seem happy. Clean, consistent, friendly and dependable. Thank you so much.

I am happy

I am happy, but there are some issues I am trying to take care of. We do have to stay on top of them. They are on top of an issue once brought up. The community is very clean and friendly. The services and activities are good as well.

Expensive but Good Care

It's very very expensive. We've only been able to pay for her for two months and then we had to have Medicaid kick in. I can't blame them because during the first interview my mom was okay and then all of a sudden she got sick and had to go in there being sick so she couldn't even get her shoes on by herself. They waived the move in fee for me and lowered the price down to what I could afford but the minute she got really sick the cost went up. I was slapped with this huge bill so that kind of screwed things up.

The care is pretty good and she seems to be busy most of the time. They do a lot of stuff. They have people come in and sing and visit and do all sorts of things so that's pretty nice.

Memory Care Off Site

I loved that place. In fact I had picked that place before seeing another one. The only draw back was the memory care was a 5 to 10 minute drive away. That was the only reason we picked the other one.

Staff and residents were wonderful

I should say at the outset that she only stayed there 10 days, she was just not ready to go to an assisted lviing and just did not want to be there, but my experience with Wynwood was wonderful. The staff there was very good about encouraging her to get out and mingle and eat which she refused to do but they were very patient with her and giving her suggestions and they were very helpful to us, they gave us as many options as they could. My moms probably was that she left the facility about 4 times and she was the one that demanded to leave to go home, but I think now she's realizing she doesn't want to be there either. I thought the cost was reasonable to the benefits, the meals were excellent and even the residents tried to take her under their wings which she didn't want but the residents were very friendly and they were very happy to be there. I've told my kids, if I ever get dementia, send me here!

Expensive, Great Activities

I'm very pleased with Wynwood of Mt. Hood. My dad, not so much. He needs more attention that he's getting. He'd like someone to take his blood pressure more often (they only take it once a month). He thinks they serve chicken too often, but he's a bit of a complainer so I'm not sure how much of it is him and how much is them. He complains about the care but I think he's being taken care of fine. They activities are great - he does like that. There's an exercise class that he goes to. They don't serve alcohol but my dad doesn't drink anymore so that's a non-issue for him.

Part of the reason I chose it is becuase there weren't a lot of options for my dad becuase he has some behavior issues. It's expensive - I don't know that I think anything is worth $5000 a month.

My favorite. My mom is open to take a...

My favorite. My mom is open to take a tour. This is my first option. It's warm and inviting with good views from most rooms. No views of just a parking lot and street. I really liked the director. She was professional but warm. The size was right. Not too big not too small. But especially that the staff gets involved with making introductions and finding the right fit of personalities. Many of the other facilities felt the socializtion and accalmation to the residents. Meaning the extaverts are incharge. My mother isn't an extravert and would be put off by this.

My sister and I had a lovely visit wi...

My sister and I had a lovely visit with the Director.

Met w/ The Director...nice facility, ...

Met w/ The Director...nice facility, owned by Brookdale=lg natl corp., clean/no odors. Location=on way to Corbett, near work, next to Mt. Hood Med Ctr. 1BR=2820, 458 sqft. Incl wkly hskp & linens washed & personal laundry svc, 3 meals/day+snacks. Nice views, can paint/hang pics&shelves/install rolling shelves in cabinets. Small step into shower/built-in seat. Stylist comes in and does hair on Thursdays.

Brookdale Mt. Hood located in Gresham, Oregon is a Personal Care Community.

The living experience at Wynwood is highly personalized. We take time to know your life stories, your family, your friends and your dreams. The emphasis is letting you do what you can and helping you stay as independent as possible.

Wynwood was designed and built to provide the comfort, beauty and privacy you’d find in your own home. The innovative design provides private suites as well as areas for communing, dining and entertaining.

Suites are available in a variety of styles and sizes. Wynwood offers something for everyone -- small intimate sitting rooms to large living and/or game rooms for as much privacy or camaraderie as you desire.

At Wynwood we partner with each resident to design an individualized, personal service plan. Our service planning process, unique to Brookdale Senior Living communities, bases service fees on delivering quality service and care to each individual.

Personalized service plans are reviewed regularly by staff to ensure that we meet the changing needs of our residents. Our trained staff is there to assist with personal needs – bathing or showering, selection of clothing, dressing assistance, grooming, hygiene, mobility and transferring and dining assistance – 24 hours a day.

Integral to life at Wynwood are the programs, outings and opportunities we offer to our residents. Our philosophy is to incorporate not only resident’s individual interests, but opportunities that allow them to make meaningful contributions to each other and the community on a regular basis. The retirement community offers expertise in coordinating in-house services with therapeutic facilities to provide a wide range of care. The campus boasts beautifully landscaped grounds with walking paths, a garden, and a courtyard.

We invite you to come experience personalized care at Wynwood of Mt. Hood today.