HarborChase of Tamarac - Tamarac, FL

Mom is still adjusting

The staff seem to be encouraging and they have been able to get mom to eat more. She has not yet participated in any of the activities offered. I feel she is getting use to living here and has started to make friends. They keep the community clean and I would recommend it.

Billy Brandes

Thank you so much for your five-star review! We’re very glad that you and your family chose HarborChase for your mom. We appreciate the recommendation and the kind words about our community. We especially appreciate the wonderful compliments about our friendly, caring and hardworking associates. Every day, they are sincerely focused on providing the absolute best in senior care. Again, we thank you for taking the time to rate us. We look forward to serving you and your mom for years to come!

After the tour and an extensive discussion with the directors, we decided Harbor Chase is the only place we would consider for our mom. The open, community layout and the positive feel we got from the residents and staff were far different from other "locked memory units" we visited.

Billy Brandes

Thank you so much for taking the time to rate us. We’re very happy that you chose HarborChase for your mom. We sincerely appreciate the kind words about the positive atmosphere of our community, along with its open layout. We especially appreciate your recognition of our associates and care partners. Every day they are focused on providing residents and their families with the very best in senior living. Again, we thank you for your review and we look forward to serving you and your mom for years to come.

A Nice Community, My Tour Was Good

My tour of this community went well. It was a good experience. This is a nice looking community. From what I saw everything is very nice and clean. The staff that I met was kind and friendly. It was a nice tour, I enjoyed it.

Billy Brandes

Thank you so much for taking the time to rate us. We’re glad to hear that you had a good visit and we sincerely appreciate the kind words about the beauty and cleanliness of our community. We’re also pleased that you singled out our kind and friendly associates and care partners. Every day, they strive to provide the very best in senior living to our residents and family members. Again, we appreciate the review and hope that you come by for another visit soon.

New Resident @ Harbor Chase

It is really a little too early to create a detailed review, my mom is there only a couple weeks, but overall I am pleased with her care & what is happening for her @ Harbor Chase.

Billy Brandes

Thank you so much for taking the time to rate us. We’re very happy that you chose HarborChase for your Mom, and we’re thrilled to hear you’re happy with her care. We believe you’re going to be very satisfied with your Mom’s care. Every day, our dedicated Care Partners strive to provide nurturing care that truly transcends the expected. Thank you again for your kind review. We look forward to serving you and your Mom for many years to come.

It Is All Great Here

The staff are great, the food is great, the community is clean. I feel the staff are a 5! My mom enjoys the meals and likes it very much. There are activities for her to participate and she enjoys it too. It is lovely here and Mom is having fun and doing really well!

Billy Brandes

Thank you so much for taking the time to rate us. We’re very happy that you chose HarborChase for your Mom, and we sincerely appreciate the kind words about our beautiful grounds, our innovative Chef’s Fare Dining Program and the wealth of activities available daily. We love hearing how much fun your Mom is having! Thanks again for your wonderful review. We look forward to serving you and your Mom for many years to come.

1st Week in Harbor Chase

My Mom just finished her 1st week, so it is impossible for me to give it them a higher score. But so far, I am happy with how my Mom is being treated & being cared for.

Billy Brandes

Thank you so much for taking the time to rate us, Mark. We’re very happy that you chose HarborChase for your Mom, and we’re thrilled to hear you’re happy with her care. Every day, our dedicated Care Partners strive to provide nurturing care that truly transcends the expected. Thank you again for your kind review. We look forward to serving you and your Mom for many years to come.

A positive transition

The overall experience has been very positive. The staff has been responsive and genuinely appear interested in my stepmother's adjustment and well being. In spite of the fact that i was assured that her laundry would be handled separately, her clothes are not in good condition. She did receive medical attention in a timely fashion and is now receiving PT and OT.

Billy Brandes

Thank you so much for taking the time to rate us. We’re very happy that you chose HarborChase for your stepmother. We appreciate the kind words about your positive overall experience, as well as your comments about our associates and Care Partners. They strive to make a difference in the lives of our residents by providing nurturing care that truly transcends the expected. We’re sorry to hear about your concerns with the laundry, but we appreciate you bringing it to our attention. In order to provide the best in senior living, we’re always trying to fine-tune our services. We’ll be sure to take a look at the laundry situation. Thanks again for taking the time to share your thoughts and concerns. We look forward to serving you and your family for many years to come!

Mom is doing as good as can be expected considering. She is currently at HarborChase and I know she's in good hands there. The staff have been outstanding and because of Mom's age (103) she doesn't participate in many activities but they have them there for the residents. I'd say its been a good experience so far.

Billy Brandes

Thank you so much for taking the time to rate us. We’re happy that you chose HarborChase of Tamarac for your mother! We very much appreciate the positive feedback and are happy that you noted our dedicated Care Partners. Every day, they strive to make a difference in the lives of our residents by providing nurturing care that truly transcends the expected. We’re also pleased that you noticed the wealth of activities available daily through our Life Enrichment Program. Again, we sincerely appreciate all of the wonderful feedback.

wife

No facility is perfect. My mother was in a nursing home, which was ranked #1 in her area. It was abysmal. She was strapped to a chair and put in the hall. My sister lived close so she went weekdays and I went weekends. She had needs that we could not address ourselves. My husband is a resident in Harbor Chase. My family and I could no longer handle his behavior and it became apparent that he would be injured or worse. I chose Harbor Chase and the staff has been wonderful to me and most of them to him. Had one bad incident. I was told clothes would be washed separately, but found that difficult to believe because he sometimes has things on I never saw before and some of his are gone. I would recommend Harbor Chase to others because I believe the care is the best it is going to be. They are taking care of his needs. I know I should be there everyday, but that is impossible. I am not happy with activity director, but my husband can no longer participate in activities. The price increase every year is a huge issue for me, but I don't know the answers for this horrible situation. I no longer live in Florida and the staff has been so understanding of my situation. They keep me well informed.

Billy Brandes

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our community. We thank you for choosing our community for your husband and for the kind words about our Care Partners. At HarborChase, all of our Care Partners strive to make a difference in the lives of our residents by providing nurturing care that truly transcends the expected. Our Life Enrichment program is designed to create activities and social events for everyone, regardless of their circumstances. We’ll review your husband’s situation and see if we can find an activity that he would enjoy. In addition, we appreciate your concerns about our laundry services. We’ll make sure to look at them as we’re always looking for ways to improve our services. Again, we sincerely appreciate all the feedback and want to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and concerns. We truly look forward to serving you and your husband for many years to come.

A comfortable place for my mom

Although it has only been a week my experance has been very good. Every time someone visits my Mom she is
engaged in an activity that keeps her happy and she is very content .She is well cared for and says that people are around her and care for her daily.Her biggest complaint is that we moved her from Pennsylvania to Florida and she can't find the window to look out where she can see the ocean.I hope that we can bring her to the ocean one day.Its just very difficult to transport her around since she is unable to walk .But I'm sure the staff at Harbor Chase will work with me to fufill my Moms dreams everyone has been very helpful and kind so far.I am very happy that we chose to make HarborChase her home .

extremely nice

They have been extremely nice. I am really happy as my mom has been really well there. It has been a great experience and I would highly recommend HarborChase of Tamarac.

they're doing a very good job

The place I have had my father previously did not work out to well, but HarborChase of Tamarac by contrast has been great! Any time there is any tiny thing they call to let me know. They do a really good job keeping me informed.

My father had a lot of problems in the previous facility, and both the staff there and my father knew it was not a good situation to have him there. HarborChase evaluated dad and informed me that they were not feeding dad properly and was being given narcotics that he did not need. It is just a huge difference here in how they treat them, treating him like family instead of like family instead of like a problem. It's been a great experience.

Fabulous memory care community!

This place is amazing! It is a dedicated memory care community, and they do a great job with the care! The whole facility is locked down, but it is a large place with plenty of things to do so that the residents never feel trapped or get bored. This is located too far away for me to visit as often as I'd like, but the staff here are wonderful and I know they do a great job without me checking up on them.

Expensive and Far Away

I thought it was pricey for what they offered. They showed us a model room that was nice but the guest room they showed us stank. It was dark and gray. They had activities going on but, for the price and the distance, it just wasn't going to work out for us.

Extremely attentive

They have addressed every issue we have brought up to them, they have it addressed quickly, wonderfully, they have been accomodating. We are very impressed with the place, we really are. My reservations are just that the guy who normally does the activities has been there because he does something else but I would like for them to be a little more engaging. It's a really big place, it's clean, the people are all so very nice. I would recommend it highly to anybody in the same situation. I wish the price was less, but we've been really happy with them, they even contacted me to let me know they were worried about my mom who isn't even a resident there but visits 3 to 4 times a week. They answer my emails right away, the only thing is that it's so large and the two wings look exactly the same so my dad has a hard time finding his door. My sister and I were laughing saying we should put a bow on it so he can find it or they should paint one of the wings so they look different. But it's a very nice place, they have msuic and my dad gets up and dances and the foods good.

HarborChase of Tamarac Memory Care, located in Tamarac, Florida specializes in caring for your loved ones with memory impairment issues. HarborChase offers a spacious and secure facility, known for our Life Enrichment and Our Family Partnership Programs. The staff at HarborChase of Tamarac takes pride in providing excellent individual care for each of our residents. The Life Enrichment Program offers residents over 21 daily activities to choose from, each focusing on memory related exercises. Residents have access to services including MD, therapy, support groups, dermatology, auditory clinics, psychology, podiatry, and equipment repairs. Residents enjoy living in modern apartments, which feature elegant dining rooms and state of the art common areas. Family members can also enjoy those special times with their loved ones, as HarborChase offers family themed cook outs, visiting performers, and of course birthday celebrations. At HarborChase we have five words which describe our mission: respect, attentiveness, integrity, stewardship, and excellence. HarborChase was created with a vision of developing a place where each of the developers would want to live. We believe we have accomplished that goal, and we invite you to come visit our facility, and decide for yourself if we meet your requirements. We would love to care for your loved one.