Active Senior Living Residence - Tamarac, FL

Very sad

If they need full care find another place. They do not have enough aides to take care of all the people. Not enough activities to keep them busy. The floors in the outside rooms are very dirty .The food is awful. There is not enough help in this facility, The people that need to be fed sit a wait. When people get sick they wait way to long before they get them help. The people that need full care will sit and wait in wet diapers and sit in poop/. Then when they clean them they leave old poop in there behinds. It was a constant BATTLE to keep them clean and dry. My moms things were used for other people. My mother was here for about 5 years, Once she lost the ability to take care of herself the care went downhill from there. I had to be there to make sure she ate and that she was not sitting in a wet diapers. I finally had to move her.. When you go into a place and hear people yelling for help and not getting it and you can not find someone you know something is very wrong..

Small community - say the c...

Small community - say the care ratio is 1/12. Dining room looked inviting - not too much going on activity wise. Rooms were so-so - certainly not luxurious. They don't provide transportation anywhere - that is extra.

$2,200 average price per mo...

$2,200 average price per month. Shaky reviews on Senior Advisor.com

was not impressed at all - ...

was not impressed at all - did not like the way residents were treated or the appearance of the facility (not well kept)

I could not be happier for my mom. She made friends even before we moved her in. She is very happy, clean and cheerful atmosphere!

The family run Active Senior Living Residence is an answer to prayer for our family. Warm and inviting atmosphere. Every resident we spoke to say they are very happy with the wonder staff and surroundings. Bright and cheerful! When you walk in the main entrance you see the dining room with over sized arched windows that look out to a magnificent garden. If you happen to catch it just right every time we come to visit mom, we smell this amazing food coming from the kitchen. I always see the owners and family doing something special for the residents. They are 100% hands on. There is a genuine passion and concern for the care and attention for every resident. It has been a joy to see my mom make friends right away and invited to sit with them at there table for meals. Honestly, when ever my siblings or I call to talk to her she is always in the middle of a game, exercising or soaking up the sunshine right outside her door which opens to the outside garden, talking with her friends... we laugh about it because she is to busy for us.

Active Senior Living Residence meets more than the basic needs of its residents. Our family has more than 25 years of experience seeing to your loved ones care and your peace of mind. We are family owned and operated. Our unique home provides a garden walk up setting for your relatives to enjoy. This offers them something most other assisted living facilities can't. We provide the highest standards of safety and caring attention. With all the amenities your loved ones may need in the course of their aging process offered, why look anywhere else?