Azura Memory Care of Eau Claire - Eau Claire, WI

Review of Azura Memory Care

My brother is a resident of this center. The entire staff is exceptional. My family and I have great comfort knowing he is well cared for and loved.

Paula Gibson

We are so fortunate to be able to care for some very special people and your brother is one of them. Thank you for trusting in our care and for sharing your experience with Azura with others.

Review of Azura Memory Care

My father lived there from [date removed] to [date removed]. He had wonderful care and attention throughout his tenure there. We had wonderful communications @ staff (as I lived out of town) and via the wonderful [name removed].

Paula Gibson

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at Azura. We were truly blessed to care for your father and be a part of all of your lives. Thank you for trusting us to serve and care for him. He was a joy and is very missed!

Review of Azura Memory Care

The facility itself was clean, bright and odor-free. The staff were friendly and appeared to give extra care to my mother.

Paula Gibson

Thank you for taking the time to provide such wonderful feedback!

Review of Azura Memory Care

My husband [name removed] resided @ Azura from September 2014 until March 2015. I felt the staff was examplar very helpful and accomdating to me as his wife. They took excellent care of [name removed] tried in every way to help him cope as his disease worsened and provided wonderful support to both of us as we transitioned during this sad time. I am very thankful for all their help.

Paula Gibson

Thank you for the honor of caring for your husband. We loved every moment and are so glad to know you feel the same!

Review of Azura Memory Care

These people know what they are doing. They genuinely care about you and your resident. I can't thank them enough for the love, care, and understanding they gave my mother. They will always be in my thoughts and prayers.

Paula Gibson

Thank you for recognizing that our MOSAIC training really does make a difference in the lives of those within our care. We appreciate your prayers!!

Review of Azura Memory Care

staff is attentive and food is excellent (unlike most places i've visited!) - staff seems to be well trained, and they adapt to changing needs. My father is lovingly cared for.

Paula Gibson

Thank you for this great feedback, we pride ourselves in ensuring that from our meals to our care everything is exceptional at Azura. We appreciate you recognizing this!

Review of Azura Memory Care

Azura in Eau Claire was a wonderful facility, the staff was so caring and compassionate not only to my dad but my mom as his dedicated care give.r

Paula Gibson

It is our honor to care for those touched by memory loss at Azura and this includes their family and friends too. I'm so glad our Team was able to help your Dad and Mom on their journey! Remember, once you are a member of the Azura family, you will ALWAYS be a part of the Azura family!

Review of Azura Memory Care

I felt the care + compassion my father received was exceptional he was only there for a short time. They treated the family very well + made us feel welcome there as well.

Paula Gibson

Thank you so much for these kinds words of praise! We greatly appreciate it!

Review of Azura Memory Care

My dad and mom were both at Azura and I can not say enough good things about their care. My dad was there first and did is 2008. He was there first and died in 2008. He was well cared for at all times and there was always a wonderful amount of respect. My mom went to Azura in 2014 and again in 2015. She wasnone of a challenge for the staff but was always treated with love. I would recommend Azura to everyone.

Paula Gibson

We truly cherished every moment we had with your Mom and Dad and you at Azura. Thank you for trusting us with them and helping us to provide them with the best care and compassion possible!! We are blessed to have been a part of the Morley family!

Review of Azura Memory Care

The medical staff at this facility was exceptional. Their care and concern could not have been better. The kitchen staff was very accommodating and the meals were excellent. The director was very informative and explained the procedures and policies so ask to be very helpful. The CNAs and aides were so caring and rated my husband better than I could have desired. Our experience was a wonderful one in spite of the very difficult life journey.

Paula Gibson

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are so fortunate to have an exceptional team at Azura and will share your sentiments with them as well. Thank you!

Review of Azura Memory Care

A wonderful caring place with an outstanding staff. They took such good care of my husband. [name removed]

Paula Gibson

Thank you so much it was such an honor to care for him and all of those within our Azura family!

Review of Azura Memory Care

My husband has settled in nicely - he was a challenge at first but they stuck with it and we worked together to make it work. They have his comfort as a priority. They try to make it a home and family for all!

Paula Gibson

Thank you so much for your kind words!!! We greatly appreciate it!

My donation for memory lights is for my husband and others I’ve lost. Thank you, Azura staff for walking on the path with people with dementia.

Paula Gibson

Thank you for your kind words and support of Azura's Annual Memory Tree in honor and remembrance of those touched by dementia! We love what we do at Azura and are so blessed to know and be a part of families like yours!

Great staff!

The staff are great at this facility! They are very cooperative and they do the best that they can to make sure that my loved one is taken care of. Everything is going very well

Paula Gibson

Thank you so much for your kind words! We greatly appreciate the feedback and will share it with our EXCEPTIONAL Team too!

Out of the dark

The staff at Azura in Eau Claire is the best I have encountered as I have travelled this journey with my mother. They are super-friendly and always engaging residents in conversation and activities. They brought my mother out of a very dark place and she has flourished socially. Unfortunately, the placement is still not the correct space for mom - she is functioning at a higher level mentally than most of her peers. That has made it a little hard for her to converse one-on-one with other residents for a prolonged time; this has been the only downside to Azura.

Paula Gibson

We are so glad that we have been able to help bring your Mom out of the dark and into the joyful moments we try to create at Azura.

One concern that many families have is that their loved one may not get the interaction from other residents that they desire. However, with the disease process of dementia it is common for those who are losing cognition to pull away from those who function at a higher level, thus self-isolating themselves. At the same time those functioning at full cognition will ostracize those with dementia, because they don't understand the disease and get frustrated by their inappropriate responses or lack of response.

This is why it is so important to have a high staffing ratio and to train your Team on ways to approach, communicate and engage those with dementia, which is what our specialized MOSAIC training and engagement system does. It provides our Team with the proper approach and communication techniques that bring out our residents and then engagement ideas to help spark conversations and activities with them and with other residents.

Our philosophy is that unless a resident is napping or it is night sleep time, our residents are out with us. Seeing our smiles, engaging in fun and finding joy in every moment of their day. We treat our residents like family and stick with them throughout their disease process, so that when the day comes that your loved one can't carry on a conversation we are there to fill-in the blanks with their own personal life story that we know and treasure like our own.

Amazing Care, Experts in Dementia, Treat Everyone like Family!

My dad and mom lived at Azura and the experience was truly amazing! The caregivers are so well trained and compassionate they made all of us feel like family.

We had originally put mom elsewhere, but it was quickly apparent they had no idea what Alzheimer's was and expected her to remember to take her medications and wouldn't do simple things like cut up her meat and allowed her to not eat. At Azura things were so different, the girls always introduced themselves when they spoke to her and spent time talking with her, holding her hands and event painting her nails. My dad can get gruff at times and they always found a way to make him smile and come out of his room.

When we asked our doctor and others where to take them everyone said that Azura was the place, but my brother was worried because they don't have bathrooms in their rooms and that's why mom went some place else first. At that place she never came out of her room and within weeks they locked the door because she might fall or use it in appropriately.

Needless to say we moved her and now she is always out of her room, smiling, singing, baking, doing exercises. When we really thought about it a person only spends like 30 - 45 minutes in the bathroom and maybe 8 - 10 asleep the other 13+ hours we wanted them to be surrounded by people who love them. That's what we found at Azura, people who love them and treat everyone like family.

If I could I would live there!

Paula Gibson

We are so blessed to count your family among ours at Azura Memory Care! Thank you for sharing your experience and for allowing us to assist you on this journey. It truly is an honor!

Not recommended

My family had a terrible, frustrating experience with Azura that I hope we can prevent someone else from going through.

Our mother has late mid-stage Alzheimer’s and could no longer live safely at home. Azura accepted her but then from day one seemed baffled to outright annoyed by her Alzheimer’s behaviors. She is admittedly difficult to care for, but there was a lack of compassion and understanding throughout her stay. Azura seemed unprepared to deal with even basic things such as pacing, sleep difficulties and touching possessions of other residents. Few of the staff there seemed to know much about the disease or what behavior strategies to try when she became agitated or confused. The hardest thing was that my family would get phone calls that were akin to reporting ‘bad behavior.’

Our mother’s doctor expressed concern to us that the facility demonstrated a lack of understanding about the disease and told us their nurse repeatedly requested prescriptions that would have been contraindicated.

With the help of her doctors, we were finally able to move her to a facility we think can meet her needs (and at a more reasonable monthly fee).

I would not recommend this facility for your loved one with dementia (especially not in mid-stage). They disappointed us in so many ways and for the most part (with few staff people as exceptions) demonstrated concern for nothing but their payments.

Paula Gibson

Azura Memory Care of Eau Claire has over 20 years of experience in serving those with dementia and an exceptional reputation for being able to serve those in any stage of the disease process. We would never disparage a family who is struggling on this journey and recognize that not everyone is able to fully understand the world in which their loved one with memory loss lives.

We provide enhanced dementia training to our caregivers through our exclusive MOSAIC program, which provides over 90 hours of hands-on learning to our team on approach, communication, engagement and holistic behavioral management techniques. In addition, we work with experts in the field of geriatrics and neurology to ensure the medical care of our residents is complete, even utilizing the cutting edge technology of Pharmacogenomic Testing (DNA Testing) to determine which medications will work best for those within our care and those with contraindications.

When our expertise is utilized to help those within our care, we have great success and are looked at as a leader of memory care in the State. However, when that expertise is not welcomed and no interventions we suggest to the primary physician or family are used it is becomes difficult, especially when the behaviors are not as easily assisted as the ones this reviewer alluded to, but were inaccurate.

In the State of Wisconsin altercations of aggression towards self and others in a Community-Based Residential Facility are mandated to be reported to the person's power of attorney. Unfortunately, based on the nature of the behavioral expressions exhibited numerous reports had to be made to family.

Our goal with every resident is to continue to provide service and adjust care to meet their needs and we continued to do this, as we were permitted for more than 6 months of residency, with no request on our part to terminate the care we provided. The choice was made by family to move to another memory care home in our area, who then quickly terminated residency due to inability to manage needs.

We only wish that we had been given the opportunity to use our expertise to truly assist and would appreciate being paid in full for the care we provided.

Please know that it is only due to the multiple inaccuracies of this review that slander the true care and reputation of our organization that we post this response. Our goal first and foremost is to help families navigate this journey with compassion and understanding, while assisting their loved ones in creating a personalized MOSAIC of care that loves and supports them throughout their disease process to live, not just exist.

Worth looking at!!

This looked like a clean community when we toured it. The staff were nice and they did have a calendar of daily activities. This community was just a little to expensive for us.

Paula Gibson

Thank you for sharing your experience of touring Azura Memory Care. Our care is truly specialized and encompasses advanced training and high staffing ratio, which does come with a price, but it truly is worth every cent!

Friendly, welcoming staff

Our experience with Azura Memory Care has been a very positive one! Whenever we visit the staff is always friendly and seem very caring and concerned towards the residents. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and the layout works well for keeping those with more severe memory issues from getting lost. We toured a few communities in the area and this place felt warmer and more friendly than the others we saw. It's just a very nice place overall, we highly recommend it!

Paula Gibson

Thank you for sharing your experience at Azura Memory Care. We greatly appreciate it!

Providing compassionate care begins with a secure, warm setting. When people with memory loss feel at home, they respond more positively and interact more with others.

At Azura Memory Care our relationship-based care philosophy recognizes each person is an extraordinary individual and focuses on engagement.

Azura has earned a reputation for elevating the standard of memory care through our evidence-based, cutting-edge training called MOSAIC. This exclusive training program ensures every Team Member understands the disease process of dementia and how to effectively approach, communicate and engage those within our care to successfully help them have a joyful experience.

Our belief is that every part of our care needs to be a personalized MOSAIC of love and support that encourages our residents to live, not just exist.

We're proud of the caliber of programming we provide, and we promise you that your loved one will be cared for with respect and unparalleled support for their physical, mental and emotional needs.

Experience Azura, Experience Joy!