Guardian Angel Homes - Post Falls, ID

I'm happy we picked this facility

I ended up picking this facility for my Mother because when I toured all of the residents looked happy and the staff was engaged. That says a lot about the community and I was impressed. Every time I’m at the facility the caregivers have been attentive to my mom and care about her needs. This has been a good experience and I’m happy we made this choice. The outside of the building is kept up well and it looks like little cottages. The food is also good here and my mom seems to be happy with it. I would recommend this facility to other families.

Everything is comfortable and feels like home

My mom is here currently and she looks good and doesn’t look tired at all. Since being here, she’s actually gained weight which is a good thing. It’s been a process and we’ve had our moments but we’re working through it. When you walk in to the facility, you look like you’re walking into a large home. Everything is comfortable and feels like home. The kitchen area looks like a normal kitchen you’d find in a home, just a lot bigger. The dining area and the living area are the same exact way. The staff has been wonderful. They’re very vigilant and the second you walk through the door, there’s someone there to make sure you’re taken care of. They’ve talked with us and come to us at times when they didn’t have to. Things like that really give you a sense of peace. I’ve had to confront them a couple of times about some billing issues, but it was fixed pretty quickly. They seem to be working with her memory and there’s acknowledgement immediately when she sees me. She doesn’t seem to be glum and she seems to be a lot happier. They’ve been really good at being able to redirect her mind if she’s upset about something so she doesn’t have to continuously focus on what’s troubling her. They really help hold the confusion down. We’re quite happy at this point.

Their Help Was Really Great

I used the Guardian Angel Homes for a respite visit. I was happy with them when my mom was there. The staff all seemed to like her. I would them again in the future.

My first choice!!

The caregivers are taking good care of my wife. They are kind and attentive. She is in the memory care unit and they do offer some activities and outings depending on their care level. The food is great. I would highly recommend this clean community.

Safe Quiet Environment!!

I am very pleased with the cleanliness of this community. The maintenance and staff are doing a very good job. The staff is very friendly and keep me updated. The meals are good, they have a large variety, but could use some improvement in the taste and appearance. Overall, i would say that i do recommend the Guardian Angle Homes to a friend.

I can't say enough good things about Gardian Angels. My mother had to leave another assisted living place because they couldn't provide for her special needs and suggested a rehab/nursing home. It was no problem for GA. She has a beautiful private room with her own things.
The staff at GA is very professional and friendly. I highly recommend GA.

Guardian Angel Homes was not for us!

The community Guardian Angel Homes Assisted Living did not say home to me. If felt more like a clinical setting. The buildings are separated based on care and the rooms are very small. The community is very well kept and beautiful. They keep it very clean and the staff were friendly.

I'm Delighted With Everything!

My mother-in-law is loving her new home! The staff make her feel comfortable and very attentive. I really like the high level of medical attention. They help with appointments, reminders, and medication pick-up. They also customized every meal to fit their health, paying close attention and really monitoring all health needs. They do a very good job at keeping the place clean. I would recommend this place!

A positive experience

We have been here for about six weeks. So far it has been a positive experience. My mother says the food is good. They offer activities such as Bingo, outings, movie nights, arts & crafts, and live entertainment. It would be nice if they could incorporate more exercise. They could also communicate with the family more. One of the good things about this facility is that they accept medicaid. That was one of the reasons why we selected this facility.

Overall it seems like a good facility

Overall it seems like a good facility. It is well run. They are very attentive to patients. The only downside is that they seem to be overpriced compared to other facilities. The facility itself is always clean. The staff has been accommodating. Everyone is friendly and nice. It has been a pretty good experience at the Guardian Angel Homes. We haven't had any major issues. Everything has been going smoothly.

Kristin Ristic

Thank you for taking time to leave us feedback. We pride ourselves on excellent resident care and We truly love our residents. We do strive to keep our prices very comparable in our area. We have excellent staff to resident ratios which really keep us on top of resident care. Thank you again.

They're Fabulous!

Guardian Angel Homes is absolutely fabulous! They are very understanding and very helpful. I don't know anything about dementia and they do, and they do their job well and have really put me at ease. The caregivers all have excellent relationships with my mom. Friendly doesn't even begin to cover it! They are so very warm, caring, and compassionate!

I would highly recommend Guardian Angel Homes to anyone, especially anyone who has a loved one suffering from dementia!

Kristin Ristic

We truly appreciate your kind words. We believe in excellent resident care and great relationships with our families. Thank you for taking the time to give us your thoughts.

Guardian Angel went out of their way to accommodate us.

It's been very nice, for my loved one in the memory care section. I have another loved one in the assisted living are. The only thing that surprised us was that they didn't have skilled nursing 24 hours a day. The food is good, better than where they each were before. Guardian Angel went out of their way to accommodate our special needs. We were really impressed with the cottage, where one family member is, it's very open and spacious.

This was not the best of the communities that I toured.

This was not the best of the communities that I toured. It was not clean and there was no sense of urgency from much the staff. The parking situation was fine. There were also places for residents to go outside, if they wanted to. We did not select to place our loved one in this community.

We have been pretty satisfied, with them.

We have been pretty satisfied, with them. They are clean and friendly. I don't have any complaints. They have a pretty full squeeze of activities. We are very satisfied.

Family relieved with Momma's new surroundings

From the day I first went to visit Guardian Angel Homes to when our mother moved in it was exactly 9 days. The staff has been very helpful and friendly. After the first night our mother told me she knew she was going to be happy there. Her feedback to me is that everyone is very friendly and attentive to her needs. They stay connected with her to help her acclimate to her new surroundings. My first conversation with her since her move in there (not quite 24 hours yet) was very positive and upbeat. We had to hang up this morning because she was going to "chair dancing" LOL She's never exercised a day in her life. She was looking forward to "Lawrence Welk" activity this evening. We're praying for her continued well being while she's in Guardian Angel Home Care.

Worth the Money

It's expensive but it's absolutely worth it. The care is great. The ratio of personnel to guests is good. I think it's good. Every time I called to see how my mother was doing someone there to give me a full report. She was only there for four days and she was pretty out of it so I can't tell you how the activities were but I'll tell you what, when it's my turn I will absolutely go there!

Toured this facility with my parents ...

Toured this facility with my parents and brother 5 years ago when things began to change. Toured this facility again last month by myself and again with my son. For assisted living, this is my father's and my first choice. It has the accommodations that suit his needs best at this point. Because he is having to sell his house, he will need to step back a bit on the timing of his move up here. One thing we will need to know is when he puts the $500.00 down to hold a room, how long is the hold for. Joan is a lovely manager/host and the facility is very warm & cozy.

Guardian Angel Homes offers a wide range of care from minimal assistance to meeting the special needs of our Alzheimer's and Dementia residents.

Our house managers and staff consist of experienced caregivers committed to the health, safety and well-being of our residents We endeavor to provide a "home away from home" that promotes and ensures a high quality of life through professional care given by those who respect and love the residents they serve.

At Guardian Angel Homes, you will find a variety of recreational and social activities offered and coordinated by our Life Enrichment Coordinator and staff. Our meal times are an enjoyable part of our residents’ day, and our cooks take great pride in the taste and presentation of their meals. Our “Aging in Place” philosophy brings a unique sense of comfort to resident and family alike.

Please visit us to get a glimpse of what it is like to call Guardian Angel Homes your home.