Garden Plaza of Post Falls - Post Falls, ID

Feels more like a large hotel

I toured this facility while looking for a place for my Mother. My experience was awesome and it is a really nice community. It does cost a lot more than other places but the marketing director was friendly and seemed to be knowledgeable. It is a larger facility and seems more like a hotel. I know this was not going to be a good fit for my mom because it would be too confusing for her. I would recommend this facility to other families who can afford it and to residents who are more cognitive and ambulatory.

Worth a look at

This community offers independent and assisted living. The independent living residents do not seem to mix well with the assisted living residents and this was the main reason we did not choose this community. This is a very nice community and the staff we met were nice. This community does not accept medicaid if you run out of funds.

Very impressed with Garden Plaza at Post Falls!

The Garden Plaza of Post Falls was at the top of our list. The staff were wonderful and very accommodating. They were very kind and friendly. The food offered for the residents looked very appetizing. The community was very active with residents enjoying themselves. When I visited they had a fifties themed party going on with a band playing music and singing.We didn't choose this community because they did not have a secure door when leaving the community.

My Mother Really Likes It

Garden Plaza of Post Falls is a good facility for my loved one. My loved one really, really likes it over there. I give it a five - star rating overall and for all the subcategories, except for Care Services because she is independent living.

Anonymous

Although the grounds are beautiful and the care staff are lovely, there seems to be a gestapo attitude in the management department. They went through all of our personal rooms, dresser drawers, and bathroom cupboards, without our consent to retrieve our medications that we purchased with out own money. They failed to keep a record of the medications they took and then they destroyed them without notifying me, my family or my doctor. They refuse to let residents with cardiac history carry their own nitroglycerine. There is a high turnover in the nursing department. The managers made us sign a new contract that they would administer our medications--I've been doing my medications for 50 years--and now it is going to cost me more to live here. I believe this is a patient rights violation and so I need to move on to another facility that treats us better.

really good

Everything is done so well here at Garden Plaza of Post Falls that I can't believe it.

The only complaint I have (which I have found to be the case at most of these places) is that all the activities tend to be geared towards women. I wish they had some welding, carpentry, and other type activities geared towards men.

Everything else is great. The food is very good, the staff are all very good, and everything else is really good.

The whole feeling of Garden Plaza was a resort type of feeling.

The whole feeling of Garden Plaza was a resort type of feeling. They had waterfalls at the entrances and happy hour. Everything was relatively new, and nice. They had courtyards and gazebos, and concerts, and went on trips. They had chefs and barbecues, and good food. It was a really wonderful place with onsite laundry facilities, security, lounges with fireplaces, an indoor pool and billiards.

I like it a lot!

This was my second choice when looking at options. I like it a lot! I would have moved in here, but the timing on the availability didn't really work out for me. It was beautiful and everyone was extremely nice though.

Very nice place!

We've very happy with the community! It's a beautiful place, the apartments are just lovely, the grounds are clean, and the staff are friendly and personable. They've got great food, great activities, and my loved one seems to be really enjoying herself!

Affordable Luxury

I recently was invited and attended a very informative educational workshop about how to keep your heart and arteries healthy. The speaker, Dr. Tehrani, delivered a most informative and engaging seminar. The lunch provided was amazing! It was eloquently served by an attentive wait staff. I sat at a large round table covered in fine linens and a beautiful flower arrangement. After conversing with several satisfied residents at my table, I felt compelled to take a tour and see what they were talking about. The 'no pressure' tour was given by the Sales and Marketing Director who showed me several well-decorated models and explained all the amenities that were included. It is my advice that if you are ever invited to a function at Garden Plaza or get the chance to see this amazing place, it is well-worth your time! The Garden Plaza Community and its staff were so welcoming. I have been invited back to their weekly Friday Friends and Family event where I have been promised live entertainment, appetizers, drinks and a buffet dinner afterwards! I will be moving in as soon as my home sells.

Garden Plaza of Post Falls is like no other campus in the Inland NW. As a brand new community, Garden Plaza offers awe-inspiring courtyards, creeks and fountains in a lavishly appointed community. Garden Plaza was voted 2010’s “Best Senior Living Community” and “Best Assisted Living Community” in North Idaho by the North Idaho Business Journal for its luxurious amenities and its five-star service. A continuum of care campus, Garden Plaza of Post Falls offers independent living, assisted living and long-term skilled care & rehab (Life Care Center). There is no buy-in and rents are month-to-month. Located between breathtaking Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, and Spokane, Washington, Post Falls is a progressive city that retains its small town charm and natural beauty. The area boasts an abundance of indoor and outdoor activities making it the perfect setting for Garden Plaza of Post Falls.