Brookdale Coeur d'Alene - Coeur d'Alene, ID

Brookdale Coeur d'Alene - Coeur d'Alene, ID has yet not published prices.

I toured this community

I went on a tour here and the staff was nice and helpful.
They answered all of my questions. It was nice and clean but had a strong urine odor. It wasn't a good fit. I recommend families tour many places before making a choice.

Mom loves it here

The caregivers here are good and cautious and will call me before they make any decisions. The only thing we have had an issue with is the pricing they told us one price and it was much more when she moved in but said they would reevaluate her in January and I hope it changes. They have restaurant style food with a lot of variety. Housekeeping does a good job keeping it clean. They engage her to join the daily activities. And they have a salon here to do her hair. Her studio apartment overlooks the courtyard. I would recommend this community.

Mom and Dad are settling in.

We like the room set up here. They were really accommodating for my mom and dad they combined 2 rooms together to make sure they had room. They like their rehab they are receiving. The staff is capable and ready to help out. Mom loves that she can keep her meds in her room and just get assisted when taking them. The housekeeping is good here and they wear an amulet necklace so they can call for more assistance. They are fed 3x a day with menu style food selection. The only thing is the portions are on the small size and tends to repeat often. They engage them to join the daily activities. It has a nice common courtyard area. I would recommend this community.

Helpful Staff!!

I have recently made the move into this community and the adjustment has been a little difficult for me but things are going okay. The administration and management team have been very helpful. Anytime I have ever had a problem they made sure to address the situation right away and take care of the problem. I like that I am on the third floor and it is very peaceful for me in my apartment. The only thing I have noticed that is kind of depressing is that the other residents seem to be a lot further down in there health. They are not very coherent and not much conversation goes on.

They did not have anyone there to give me a tour, even tho I had an appointment. After about 10 minutes, they did find a young lady, but she had never given a tour before and was not able to answer my questions very well. The few residents I saw did not smile much and the staff did not interact with any of them. The bus driver lady seemed happy and said she liked her job. Also, the rates had increased over $500 from their website stated prices (was $1,355 now $1,870 for 1 bedroom) that I looked at this morning. Did not feel like a welcoming environment.

Inviting and homey

Brookdale Coeur d'Alene is a very nice and clean community. It is very inviting and homey. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The meals are not all good, the meat is sometimes dry and tough. They provide many activities although I am not able to participate in many of them. I have attended church and the Bible study classes. They do provide a bus for shopping. I have used their bus transportation not for shopping but for other appointments. I would recommend Brookdale Coeur d'Alene it's very comfortable.

An awesome community

The entire staff at this community is great. They take excellent care of mom. The food is really good. They have a wide variety of choices for each meal including soup or salad, various vegetables and side dishes. They also have a variety of main courses. It is like a restaurant and you can choose how much you would like. If you are staying here and you are no longer able to be self pay than this community will accept medicaid. The community is well taken care of and I would recommend it.

Well taken care of!

Brookdale Coeur d' Alene is a beautiful community. Mom is slowly but surely getting more acclimated. Now she is finally eating, they serve the food cruise ship style, plenty of choices and variety. My fiancee has eaten there and he thinks the food is great. They have a committee that decides on what the monthly menus will be each month. The staff members are very friendly and caring. Housekeeping has a superb staff, it is absolutely kept clean. Exercise is provided, my mom does need the extra push to participate more. Mom really likes the bus rides, she loves to get out. The bus driver is just a doll, I can't say enough about her, she takes such good care of my mom.

Abundance of Activities!

We feel we've made a good choice with where mom is staying, and the price is right!. It is a very well kept and clean community. Mom loves the food and I as well have experienced meals there. They provide well balanced standard comfort food. There are snacks, coffee, and juice available. Mom is involved with the many activities, plays, and concerts. There is a bus that takes them to Walmart and other shopping venues. Once a month a bus takes them to casinos. She is fitting in very nicely and making lots of friends. I would also like to give a big kudos to [Removed] the marketing director, he was very helpful and made the transition very smooth.

A newer and larger facility that is very well kept. Very nice dining room with three meals daily with choices. Has free laundry for personal items, but there is basic housekeeping once a week which includes laundering of bed linen. Parking available for personal vehicles. Pets allowed. Very friendly atmosphere. There is no stove or oven and very small refrigerator. Small appliances including microwave are up to you. Cable and WiFi is included. Of the three places I saw on the 25th of May, this was moderately priced. One final note: although I was expected for the tour, [Removed] was busy moving someone from "independent living" to "assisted living" and working me in between. It wasn't the best tour, but I saw everything I needed.

Hoping things will get better

They do not offer a lot of activities at this community. The caregivers are super nice. The food is terrible it reminds me of hospital food. The community is very clean and the rooms are fairly nice. This community does work with Medicaid.

Getting Better

From the first day my sister started getting better. I should have placed her there first!

Brookdale CDA

Staff was very friendly and helpful when I toured. The room we picked was nice, and clean. Carpets were freshly shampooed. On move in day there seemed to be a miscommunication between the sales person and the administration. After spending the day moving my mom in, I had to go find someone to ask about life alert, medications, etc. They seemed to be surprised that she moved in (even though we had been given a key to the room).

After that I spent almost every day for 2 weeks addressing services that were not yet being provided such as laundry, sheet changing, garbage pick up, housekeeping. After over 2 weeks they finally changed her sheets, but then immediately lost those sheets(they were never found). All in all, it did not seem that they were prepared to have her move in. There seems to be a large turnover at the facility and they seem constantly short handed.

She does like the food there and overall seems pretty happy and is treated well by the staff.

Brookdale Offers Exactly What My Mom Needs

The Sales Manager at Brookdale, Jason, is kind and competent. He did a good job of helping us through the move-in process.
All the staff and residents are very friendly.
The main rooms are beautifully appointed and the majority of the meals are to my Mom's taste. There are activities of all sorts and transportation for appointments and shopping is readily available.
I like the fact that Brookdale can accommodate my Mom's changing needs with units on-site that will offer her more help, if she needs it in the future.
Brookdale is exactly what my Mom needed.

A nice place for a respite stay!!

Mom did feel they were a little understaffed, however she liked her short stay at Brookdale and she thought the food was very good. They kept the community clean. They have a hairdresser onsite and she can still go to her even though she no longer stays there. The administrative staff were helpful in getting her settled in.

This would be my first choice for price & comfort.

Bad Experience!!

I had a really poor experience on my tour with a lot of strange interaction with the staff . The gentlemen who took my love one and I on the tour was trying to up sale us the whole time and was not honest with the information we received. I did not have a good experience with this facility.

This community needs some direction and help

The move to Brookdale Coeur d'Alene has not been the easiest transition. We are finding things are not as they were described when we took the tour. The community is well kept but the rooms lack attention. The rooms are only cleaned once a week and the aides are supposed to pick up when they are in the rooms. My loved one's room has not been picked up during the week by anyone. They are looking for a new charge nurse and there has been challenges with medications with the "acting charge nurse". They do offer some activities including outings. However, there is only one van for the hundred and six rooms for folks to go out. The food offered is great and my loved one enjoys the meals. The community does not allow the residents to have Tums, Tylenol, or muscle creams in the rooms.

Liking Coeur d'Alene Brookdale.

Everyone is very friendly and helpful. The prices are mostly reasonable. Mom is enjoying her new surroundings in a smaller facility where everyone knows everyone else. She felt lost in her old much larger facility where she didn't even know who the manager was!

I am glad my parents live at Brookdale Coeur d'Alene!!

Things are going better since my parents moved into this community. The only minor issue we have had is with the way some of the medication instructions are worded. If it says as needed they do not give it to her with her other medication. The rooms are big and they keep the community clean. The food is good and I would recommend this community.

Needs Improvements

There are some major changes happening here. When I moved my mom in, the chef made delicious food and my mom was really happy with her meals. Now there is a new chef and I feel he needs more training and they wait almost an hour till being served. I also think they are understaffed and unable to mange the front desk but they are doing their best. It is kept clean through out the facility.

Better than Home

My wife and I enjoy our apartment. The staff is friendly and caring. My stress level is way down since moving from our house to Brookdale, because I don't have as many tasks to manage. We find the environment very comfortable.

Nice clean place, caring staff

My mom moved in last fall. We were told she would get a resident "ambassador" to show her around, but we never met her. I worked with the concierge, Sandy, to help Mom learn about how things like bus trips and activities work. She was very helpful. The quality of the food is fair to good, about on par with other places I have experienced. The building has been undergoing a redecorating project for the last four months which is almost done and looks very nice. A new roof was also installed. As far as maintenance, you need to be the squeaky wheel. Some minor issues have taken a while to be resolved and one is still not resolved. (Lack of one network station which happens to have Mom's favorite shows). Overall, we are mostly satisfied.

Doing pretty well

As far as public relations they are doing really good. They are updating the facility and doing a lot of good work, so that is a good thing. My wife and I have sampled the food ourselves and it is pretty good.

wonderful

Emeritus is now Brookdale at Coeur D' Alene. The value of this facility is a 5 +. The one fault I'm finding is their service at the restaurant during the meals. They seem understaffed. You wait and wait for service. Other than that everything is wonderful here. I am happy here.

My Mother Loves It

My loved one loves it there and she is happy there. She is on the independent living side of the facility. The location is in a questionable area, but it seems like a safe facility. We have not had any problems with it.

The customer relations is outstanding. The whole staff made transitioning my parents very easy. They really went above and beyond on things. They were in the middle of transitioning companies, but in spite of that everything went smooth. We are real happy overall.

The staff is very informative and friendly

The transition of moving my mother-in-law to Emeritus at Coeur d'alene from her own home was a little more difficult than we first thought it would be. But the staff at Emeritus are very informative and friendly. They answered all of our questions and did their best to make everything as easy as possible. The residents there are very friendly and welcoming. Everything has been excellent at the Emeritus at Coeur d'Alene. I would recommend this community. It's a nice place with nice people.

Give Emeritus of Coeur d Alene a look you will be surprised !

The staff is wonderful and the leading manager Kirk is always quick to respond. For my dad this was the best value with a great apartment and great food.

We are pretty happy so far. He seems to like it.

We are pretty happy so far. He seems to like it. I don't have any concerns or complaints over how clean it is or how friendly the staff is. He likes the food. We liked that they were willing to help keep our loved one as independent as possible, while still knowing the assistance was there and available. It was nice to have a stepping stone for him. It really looked like a fit, and so far is working out well.

Historically, your loved one is at risk being placed in this facility.

I found Emeritus to be a perfect match for my parents. Through no fault of Emeritus, my parents ended up going to another facility.
Administration was extremely helpful during the administration process. They went over and beyond the call of duty regarding the special circumstances of my parents situation.
However, when we discovered my parents would not be able to go to Emeritus, unfortunately I was dropped like a hot potatoe by administration. Follow through has been arduous and receiving financial refunds long overdue, if not questionable to be refunded at all!
As for "A Place for Mom". It is a wonderful resource. Again I ultimately ended up not using them for final placement of my parents.

We endedup not going there.

Emeritus was wonderful in the administration process. It fell through we ended up not going there. I got upset i was dropped like a hot potato and they had no follow through.

A Place For Mom was doing well, and is a great service. I ended up doing the leg work to get my parents into another community.

My parent has only been here a week s...

My parent has only been here a week so really too soon to rate this location. My parent is not adjusting too well yet but I believe it's more to do w/her than Emeritus.

Very homey and inviting place to live.

Nora at Emeritus did everything possible to place my brother in her facility. The staff is very friendly and professional in all ways. My brother has found his forever home and could not be happier. The meals and activities are unbeatable according to my brother. No matter what time of the day I go to visit him, it is very clean and inviting.
I could not beat their rates after checking several other places. If you are on a limited income, you really get a big bang for your buck.

A place for mom was the best way to g...

A place for mom was the best way to go. Everyone i spoke to were quick to respond and knew what they were talking about. it took about two days to find a place for my father.

Not impressed

Not impressed

Independent Living Review

This review is only for the Independent Living:

My loved one was only there for a short period of time. They were able to give us a very good deal, and accomodate our needs, so it worked out very well. The food was excellent, and our family ate there on several occasions. They did housekeeping once a week, which was nice. He didn't need any medical assistance. Overall, it was a good experience!

looking good

First off I advise I am stingy with my ratings. It is my mother that has moved into one of the cottages on the campus with a independent living statues. On move in, the place was clean as all the flooring had been replaced and walls had been painted. we did find a few issues with the fixtures but they were handled in short order by the maintenance staff. Even though mom is on independent living the staff knows she has some health issues and if she doesn't show up for meals, at least the staff call her to check and make sure she is ok. Mom has lived on her own for about 15 years and the last 3 or 4 has had health issues and losing friends this has made her cut way back on activities. But the other day she started talking about signing up for some of the groups outings.
It has only been about a month so we will watch and see how it goes.

Seems like a good match for...

Seems like a good match for my brother for now. Good deal on getting in.

No Follow Through

I primarily chose them because it was a ground floor apartment and I knew that elevators wouldn't work for my mother. The apartment was a good size and it looked out over grass. They said they could get manicures and their hair done and things but that hasn't been happening. By manicures they mean anyone from the guys who serves the food will come and paint their nails. It doesn't mean they get their nails clipped or filed. That service is not available. It was misleading.

They seem to be in a lot of turmoil. There is a new director and that was part of my unhappiness in moving in. They were redoing the apartment, which was great because it would be brand new for her, but we were on a timeline and we were up front with them about that. They said they could get the apartment ready in time but it was down to the last day and it still wasn't ready. They said the would put the carpet in tomorrow. It was always tomorrow,. It was a fight all the way. Now mom's patio door doesn't lock which I've talked to them about several times. If they don't follow through on locks on doors what else to they not follow through on? The lack of follow through from the get go has been very frustrating.

My mom is very happy

We continue to be impressed with Emeritus. The staff is very friendly. The place is clean and inviting. My mom is very happy with her choice and enjoyes each day there.

Brookdale Coeur d'Alene offers exceptional senior living in the Kootenai County, Idaho area. We are located in southern Coeur d'Alene, and are surrounded by natural beauty and wildlife. Our residents and their families enjoy scenic mountain drives and picnics together at nearby lakes.

Our community offers two senior living options — independent living and assisted living. Independent living residents can take advantage of housekeeping and laundry services, as well as our fine amenities and exciting activities throughout the community. Our assisted living residents can enjoy the same options, along with any needed assistance for daily tasks. Our staff can help with routine care such as medication management, hygiene, grooming, dressing and more.

Our luxurious common spaces and our home-like apartments are designed for your comfort and enjoyment. Apartments are available in many sizes and floor plans, and can include:

Kitchen or kitchenettes
Private bathroom with built in safety features
Individual climate controls
Ample storage space
Garages

With our variety of apartment styles, you can find a selection of accommodations that fit your personal needs and preferences.

Our residents can be as active or relaxed as they wish to be. Residents who prefer a quiet day can relax in our courtyard or read a newspaper in the library, or for those wanting total relaxation we also have a spa room available. For residents who enjoy a more social day, we offer trips to local casinos, games, live entertainment and happy hours.

We also provide opportunities to stay physically active with a variety of exercise classes, Wii Bowling and gardening in the courtyard. We also enjoy taking trips and outings to Spokane to visit museums, shops and restaurants.

Our dedicated staff, combined with excellent services and luxurious amenities make it easy to call Brookdale home. To learn more about our community and the quality care we provide, call today to schedule a tour.