Clayton Oaks Living - Richmond, TX

HUGE Disappointment

had my mother at Clayton Oaks for the past 6 months. It was a HUGE disappointment from the very first week. The call button system was not reliable so my mother had no way to get help on many occasions. My mother had to wait over an hour for help on a regular basis. The management staff did nothing to satisfy my many concerns about the facility. I called the management company to complain several times and was told to work with the staff at the facility. I have been taking care of my parents and in laws for the past 6 years at several different assisted living facilities in town. I have never encountered the problems like I had at Clayton Oaks. This review could go on and on with problems I saw first hand every day.

I agree the facility is pretty but it does not have a system in place that is reliable. My continuous suggestions were ignored. I highly recommend you plan on being at the facility on a daily basis to be sure your loved one is being taken care of. I would not recommend this facility EVER!

Unqualified

Absolutely no educated personnel or knowledge how to interact with Memory Care, dementia and Altzheimers patients! No respect or dignity extended to our elderly parents! It was heartbreaking. Constant medication errors, with dangerous potential outcomes. Please beware.

No Dignity

This place has gone extremely downhill with new ownership! They rolled out the red carpet to get us in there. Once my 92 yr old mother was in the care became totally apathetic! Multiple Medication errors and inconsistent accuracy with medications.potentially dangerous. The elderly is left sitting around with soiled diapers. This place cares more about projecting an outward opulent appearance rather than focusing on the great responsibility of caring for our parent that we intrusted to them. No empty or adequate education. We are having to move mom. Every time you relocate an Altzheimers patient the is some degree of decline for them. This is heartbreaking for us.

Unprofessional Complacent Care

Big Mistake! We selected this community after coming to the painful realization that we could no longer keep our 91 year old mom at home any more. They will promise you the moon to get you in there. We didn’t need the moon, just a safe, dignified facility where mom would not be afraid. The medication errors run rampant at Clayton Oaks. The medication distribution itself is sketchy at best. The residents are treated with no empathy or dignity. They are left to sit in soiled diapers. This facility has no knowledge of the proper care of Altzheimer and dementia patients. They are more conserned with projecting an opulent impression in the assisted living areas instead of focusing on safe regulated patient care. Luckily we descovered this after 5 months and are moving mom. Unfortunately anytime you relocate an Altzheimers patient there is some degree of decline. A consequence that our mom and family should not have to bear. Heartbreaking.

Dignity

Our family entrusted our beautiful 92 yr old parent to this place. They roll out the red carpet initially. For the first month we thought we had chosen the very best place for our mom. That was not the case. Medication errors and inconsistent administering of medications is frequent!! The director gives nothing but excuses and talks in circles as he scribbles on his pad. He is not supportive to his staff and does not provide them with the tools and resources to deliver safe and adequate resident care. The focus here is on projecting an opulent outward appearance and not on delivering empathetic dignified care. A month into Clayton Oaks I had given it a glowing review, now 5 months later we are moving mom. Anytime you relocate an Altzheimers patient it results in some degree of decline. A heartbreaking consequence of keeping our mother healthy. 😢

BE AWARE!

Don’t let the beautiful facade of the building fool you! For inside it’s walls you will find the rot of greed and the stench of apathetic management from the director’s office. Specifically, [name removed] management of the Med Techs and their extremely high turnover rate for these positions are a life and death issue that he will talk in circles about for hours while our family members suffer immensely. Instead of hiring experienced Med Techs, the person emptying the trash this week may very well be administering life saving medications to to your loved one next week. Of course these inexperienced housekeepers (”med techs”) are going to make serious mistakes that will affect the health your love one. ZERO STARS even though I had to give them one to be able to post this message! BE AWARE!

Visited but did not tour. Looked very nice, but under new ownership and no longer accept less than a 30-day stay. Doesn't fit our needs.

This is a fairly new facility. I believe it's been open a year or possibly less. Very nice and out of our price range.

It is Private Pay.

A tour for care

We toured this community for care for mom and dad. We like the friendly staff who were nice and able to show up the environment. We found the community to be cleaned and we liked the variety on the menu of meals. They offer activities for the residents who want to participate. We would suggest that families take a tour for the care of a loved one.

Expensive!

The Clayton Oaks Living was a beautiful community, but we could not afford it. It is a brand new facility, very fancy. The staff was all very accommodating and friendly. The tour guide answered our questions and gave us good information.

Very nice but......

Very nice facility but I think they are a bit understaffed . I was told the staffing would be 4 to 1, but it seems like maybe 6 to 1. Most of the staff are competent , well trained and kind.

A tour for care

We toured this community and we were happy with the cleanliness. The staff were nice but seemed pro-occupied. The food menu was appealing and the variety of activities would have been a good choice for my parents if they wanted to be active. I suggest a tour for families wanting a nice place for a loved one.

The Community Is Immaculate!!

My mother-in-law is really enjoying her stay at this community. The meals are prepared appropriate to fit the residents needs, we join her for dinner as often as we can and are pleased with the food portions. They have many activities available.

A More Modern Community

They were one of my top communities. It was a very modern and nice place. The apartment seemed big enough for my parents. It was kind of high tech but the cost was not a good fit for my parents.

Everything is Well

Everything is working very well for my mother here at this community. She has adjusted very well to it. We are pleased with her move here. The community is well maintained, everything is nice and clean. I'am satisfied with all they have done for us.

I Would Recommend It

My mother is doing well here, they are taking good care of her. They do a good job with keeping everything nice and clean, her room is well-kept. They are very good staff here, they have been good to work with. She is trying all the activities they offer. Overall everything is working out well. I would recommend this community.

Excellent community!

We moved my sister from a different community to Clayton Oaks and I am glad we did and she is now where I can go check on her often and help her. Clayton Oaks sent a bus to pick her up from the other community and a van to move her furniture, at no cost, and that was a great help to us. This is an excellent community! They treat her real well. She is not much into games but they do offer activities and she does participate in some. She likes the food real well.

Review of Clayton Oaks Living-Richmond, TX

Toured - very nice - wide hallways - owner involved - lots of nice visiting space.

I'm very happy with them.

I'm very happy with them. I don't have any issues with maintenance or billing. I am really pleased with how they treat the residents and the memory care. He is very pleased with him, he has never asked to go home, and he smiles at them. They call me and tell me anything I need to know that is going on with home. They are very proactive about his care. I would definitely recommend them to others. They follow through with any requests I have asked them to do.

very happy

I am very happy with Clayton Oaks Living. I have no complaints. It is all five stars here. The facility is clean. The staff is very friendly. It has been an all around good experience.