Sonata Boynton Beach - Boynton Beach, FL

Activities Galore

My mother is an assisted living resident and has lived here for a bit now. Their Activities Director is amazing. She is always planning new and exciting things for the residents. You can tell she genuinely enjoys her job. Her staff is very polite and other residents I have talked to refer to her as the sparkle of Sonata. This place is worth checking out.

The Community was nice

Our tour was nicely done, the community is nice and clean and the staff were all welcoming and answered all our questions. We did have lunch and visited with some of the residents who liked living here. We just did feel that this was going to be the right fit for my mom.

Tour Went Well,But Too Small For Us

I toured this community for my friend, and her needs. My tour went well, and everyone was kind. The community was well-kept, but it was a bit smaller than I would had liked. My tour guide was nice, and informative. My questions were answered. It was a good experience, but the community was to small for my taste.

My father's care

I like the care here at this community. The staff are very helpful and caring to my father's needs. The community is clean and a nice atmosphere. The menu is has been very good and he has been pleased with the variety. The do have a lot of nice activities. I would be happy to recommend this community for good care and value for other families

Father is Doing Great

My mother is doing well with her move to this community. They are taking great care of her,and her needs. The community is very well-kept, everything looks great when I visit. I'am very pleased with all they have done for us. I would recommend this community.

Was okay. It had 4 buildings.

Great Community, but too Expensive for My Budget

I had a good tour of this community. and everyone was very welcoming, and kind. The staff was informative, and kind. The community was nice, and appeared to be well-kept. They have good activities, and nice meals, but too expensive for my budget.

Not my top choice!

I did not really like the Sonata Boynton Beach because it was all separate buildings. I wanted ti u=be under one roof for when it was cold or raining. The care and attention from the staff were great, though! They were very nice and accommodating it was just not the layout I was looking for.

Family of Irving Steinik - Rm 3111

Sonata Boynton Beach leaves a lot to be desired. The menu choices are repeated from one day to the next. A choice of soup or salad should be offered on the lunch and dinner menu. Social interaction and activities are sparse. Lunch is served at Noon and most resident's leave the dining room at about 1PM. There should be some entertainment following lunch. At 3pm a lot of senior's are napping. The hall carpeting in building #3 needs cleaning, disgusting. The linen napkins usually have stains on them, not very appealing. I think the napkins need to be replaced. At lease two nurses should be available 24/7 at the facility. The facility is quite short staffed. For peace of mind we have two private HHC aides for 12 hour shifts each. 24/7 I do not feel confident that a staff member would tend to my dad fast enough, even with the pendant that we pay for. I have heard a resident's pendant alarm calling for attendance and no one seems to be rushing to their aid.

The Tour Was Great

I thought the community was a nice place to see. I was met on time for my appointment to get a tour. On my tour I saw a clean environment and the staff were all nice. When it came to the details for a possible move in, I was told that my brother's age was the only problem, he is 64. They tried but it was not possible.

Wonderful Community

This is a wonderful community. My father isn't doing the best health wise, but they are caring for him very well. The only thing they need to improve on is the food. My father needs bigger portions than what they are serving him. Other than the meals, everything else is great about this community. The staff is amazing, and very helpful and attentive. I would highly recommend this community. It is truly a nice community.

No Problems With This Community

Everything is going well for my mother with her move to this community. I haven't had any problems with this community. She is doing well here, and I'am pleased with all they have done for us. They are providing her with good care. I know she is safe and in good at this community.

My mom is doing wonderfully. I can't begin to say how happy I am. I rave about Brookdale and she is very happy. She has made a complete turn around and is rallying. The staff are wonderful and they took wonderful care of her during the hurricane. She was happy, content, and safe. We have no complaints it feels like home.

Very happy with Brookdale on Congress

We were very apprehensive about moving my 101 year old mother out of her very familiar independent living home and surroundings to an assisted living facility, but it had to be done. Now I am sorry we didn't do this a few years ago. So is she. She is relaxed and feels secure. The staff at Brookdale have been wonderful and attentive. Brookdale on Congress and 23rd in Boynton Beach is kept immaculate, the food is good and well presented. She has only been there a month as of this review but as of today we have not one complaint that is worth even mentioning. Any adjustment that had to be made was handled soon after it was brought to the staffs attention. Each resident has their own needs and habits and are met with caring and understanding attitudes of each member of the staff.

Mom is safe and happy.

My Mom has been in the Memory Care Unit at Brookdale Boynton Beach for 3 weeks and is receiving excellent care and attention. I am very happy she is safe, clean, and well fed. From my first interactions with their staff, I felt very comfortable with this facility. The facility has a very home-like feel. They gave me a few names of moving companies, which helped me immensely. Staff keeps me informed if there are changes in my mother's condition. If I ever need this level of care, I would move there myself. Keep up the good work!

only provide studios. [Removed] was very in tune to the community; knowing the residents personally and his employees.

everything is excellent there

Everything is excellent there. I like that it is small and you can't get lost there.

They are great.

They are great. The only complaint I have is the lack of communication about activities, and what's going on when. Everyone is really kind and it takes a special kind of person to work with the residents here. Everything else is good.

I really like this facility. It was very well kept, clean and fresh. with spacious rooms. The residents appear to be engaged in some social activities and were mobile. The buildings close to one another which makes moving around from one to another feasible.
And the staff seemed very friendly. I can invasion my dad living in a place like this .

I felt comfortable here and would like to see my

Very comfortable, homelike community with caring staff

After checking every place I could find in Boynton Beach and nearby areas; we chose Brookdale at Homewood for my 89 year mother. The hominess,attentive staff and layout of the buildings were a draw. The activity director is so full of energy, concern for the residents and good ideas that she is a real asset to the community. We didn't choose the place with the most chandeliers. We chose the homelike comfortable place with welcoming staff and residents. For my mom it is a good fit. The total cost depends on the level of care required. [removed]

By far the best one

A Place For Mom provided us with I think 6 recommendations and this particular one turned out to be by far the best one. The others were great but we chose this one for it's proximity. Very straightforward.

Happy with Care

Great place for elderly people needing assistance with getting meals, care, going on outings, activities, socializing, etc.
For Alzheimer's care, I recommend looking at Pacifica Senior Living as they specialize in this and do a great job!

Current Ranking = #1 choice...

Current Ranking = #1 choice. This is a clean facility. I like the idea that they are independent buildings and each one can exist on its own. It is a small community, but does allow residence to interact with other buildings. There prices are excellent. This is one of our top choices.

Staff Spread Thin

More attention to every resident as far as problems develop. They are there because they can't take care of themselves. They can't watch every resident because the staff is spread too thin. It would be great if they could have staff on call in case an issue arises. From what I hear, the food is good! It seems to be a fairly clean place.

They have taken excellent care of,my ...

They have taken excellent care of,my father

Great looking community Not so great care

The community was a very nice community. It is clean and very well maintained. Each building only has like 10-15 residents in it and each building has its own dining area so it makes dining more personal. They had really nice grounds and nice gardens to sit outside. The community itself was actually really nice the issues are with the care services they provide. They identify themselves as an Alzheimer’s/Memory care unit but when they actually have to deal with a dementia patient seems like they do not put too much effort into taking care of the situation. They seem to just call for outside services to handle it that then you will have to pay for. They will either call emergency services or bring in a nurse to care for your loved one. It seems like the staff is just inexperienced with dealing with these issues.

Homewood is a nice facility but beyon...

Homewood is a nice facility but beyond our price range.

Homewood Residence at Boynton Beach provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale’s signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each assisted living and Alzheimer’s care resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents at enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

We promise Respect for Individual Preferences and offer personalized care needs in an atmosphere that encourages each resident to live in health and longevity. Our residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate assisted living and Alzheimer’s care accommodations as those needs change.

Our Clare Bridge Place program serves those with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia. Each day, we promise to work to deliver Daily Moments of Success for each resident. The Clare Bridge Daily Path provides structure and activities each day designed to meet specific needs of those with dementia, while the Clare Bridge Dining Program, designed by a gerontologist and registered dietitian, helps residents in need of Alzheimer’s care retain the ability to enjoy and master the daily dining experience.