GRAND LAKE GARDENS - Oakland, CA has yet not published prices.

Grand Lake Gardens has been the ideal choice for urban dwellers seeking a vibrant Oakland lifestyle with value, future security, energy and convenience since 1966. We offer 91 maintenance-free residential living apartments throughout our beautifully landscaped community. Our accreditation by CARF-CCAC means we meet the highest standards in senior care. With lifetime priority access to health care at our sister Oakland community, Piedmont Gardens, just minutes away, we’re dedicated to supporting residents in living rich, purposeful lives without worry about the future.

Grand Lake Gardens is owned and managed by HumanGood, a nonprofit public benefit corporation serving older adults since 1949.

An Informal Classy Place

We had the experience of visiting a number of retirement centers and staying at 3, and when we visited Grand Lake Gardens we know this one for for us.
We needed to be in a place where we could walk or take public transportation to do our errands. We can walk to 2 grocery stores, post office, hair salon, barber shop, etc. Our medical offices are a10 minute bus ride away.
We found fellow residents friendly and happy from the first day we visited. Being new, we've sat at dinner most evenings with new people. Folks are really relaxed and informal.
The staff members are capable and accessible. All parts of the place are cared for; even the stairways -- which we use in addition to the busy elevators -- are newly painted and well lighted. The top floor dining room is a gem.

Emily Carrion

Evelyn -

it is really gratifying to receive such high praise - thanks for sharing so that others can read about our great community, and have it come form a new voice..

Phil Brandmeier
Executive Director

Visit Grand Lake Gardens

From the moment I walked through the front door I felt like I was home! After moving in I began to count my blessings. At Grand Lake Gardens, I found a wonderful group of people my own age who have become the greatest neighbors anyone could ask for. I cannot begin to express how impressed I am with the staff. They are professional, loving, and caring about each and every resident- and it shows. We have abundant menu choices and our transportation driver it the best. The grounds are so pretty and I love the gardens reflections and visiting. Now friendships bring chances for fulfilling lifetime interests. I am creating new memories. The community spirit here is awesome. I feel safe, secure and stimulated. I highly recommend taking a tour of Grand Lake Gardens.

Emily Carrion

thanks Kathy for all your kind words. we're glad you're here with us.

Phil Brandmeier
Executive Director

Why we like Grand Lake Gardens

We have been residents here for six years; moving here from San Francisco to be closer to daughters. We are a very diverse and friendly community with a wide range of activities, both in-house and outside. We have lunch and dinner outings every month; van trips to malls, museums and other places of interest. Our driver takes you shopping at grocery stores, but Trader Joe's Walgreen's , the post office and library and many nice restaurants are within walking distance. Our driver also takes you and picks you up from medical appointments. Our sixth floor dining room with views of the Oakland hills is unmatched!
You will be warmly welcomed here!

Large Buy In

Really, really nice, but you have to effectively do a $65,000-$100,000 buy in in the beginning. Their selling point is that they will never kick you out, ever, no matter how far you decline. You will never have to worry about going any place again. I liked it but it was cost prohibitive, plus too far from my house.