Grace Care Center at Northpointe - Tomball, TX

Grace Care Center at Northpointe - Tomball, TX has yet not published prices.

Place is clean and friendly but patient care has gone down hill

Mom lived at GraceCare for extended periods 2016-2018. Starting in the 4Q of 2018, things have gone downhill. There has been too much staff turnover, food quality has declined and many errors in patient care (including these specific issues: prescriptions ordered incorrectly, certain medications not administered for an entire month due to a computer system error, not giving ordered medications, not following doctors orders, not taking vitals when required for certain medications, and leaving residents wet in bed for hours). Because we visit every day, we’ve caught most errors, escalated to supervision and administration. However, errors continue to occur - the most recent issue occurred when Mom became too sick to swallow her pills... the nurse gave them to her in pudding but never checked that she actually swallowed the pills - leaving all that mess in her mouth for hours... she was hospitalized later that day.

Stay Away

Unfortunately my Mother spent her last days at Grace Care, supposedly for rehab after hip surgery. She was given the wrong medication twice and the nurses were very slow to respond to her calls for help. I filed a complaint with the state and although they substantiated my complaints the facility was not cited for any of the deficiencies. Finding a facility for the elderly that will accept medicare is not easy. It has now been 2 years, but I will always regret subjecting my Mother to this facility.

Doing the best they can!

The staff is doing the best that they can with trying to help mom get transitioned easily. They have also been trying to get her into the therapy and get her moving. They have already got her out of the wheelchair which I think is amazing. The community is always kept clean and there are no funny smells around.