Grace Assisted Living at Fairview Lakes - Meridian, ID

He is Having a Good Time

When I visited my friend I could see he loves the facility. It seems to be a perfect fit and we were thrilled. He is enjoying the community and we appreciate all of A Place For Mom's services. He tries to take part in everything within the community. The experience has been great for him. I only feel like we did not get enough information on the tour. He has a pet and they did not mention the fee for that.

Friendly Staff

I was not happy this community. The person that I was to have your with was not available. The person finally came and did not acknowledge us for the tour. The community seemed to be pleased and clean. The meal that we had was very good. The room was not we wanted. We did not feel that the staff wanted to help us with the questions.

Care for mom

The care the community is good. The staff is attentive. The community is clean with a nice environment. The menu needs some small improvements. They do offer some activities for her to join with the other residents. This is a community that we would recommend for other families for the good care and value for a loved one.

The Community is Wonderful

This community is fabulous. The staff are very caring and patient. They assist her with many things. They do a great job and it is very clean, that was pretty important to me. My mom enjoys the food very much and snack are provided twice a day. I was surprise she gets snacks. She is in assisted living and her room has a little fridge and a balcony for her plant, she had a garden at home. I like that she is walking more and it is well worth the exercise. The community is the best place for her needs. They have Christian, Mormon, and other religion fellowship, services, or bible study.
There are so many perks of living in the community. Music is important to them and they have many entertainment for the residents and activities like Bingo and my mom lives for it.

I Like Them

The community I picked is fine and great for me. They keep the community clean and provide us with good meals everyday. I mostly like the community for its location. I like the staff too, they are friendly n helpful.

We Loved This Place

Prior to my dad becoming ill we really liked this place. The staff was friendly and very helpful. He was enjoying socializing with the other residents and staff. He seemed to be liking the food. I have found the community to be extremely clean and well maintained.

She's keeping active!

My loved one's stay at Grace Assisted Living is going just great! There are good days and bad days, as far as her mood, but the staff do what they can to keep her comfortable. She is keeping very active as well, thanks to the facility.

Care and options

This is a nice community. The staff are helpful and we like that they keep us informed on his progress. We like this cleanliness of the community. The menu is very good and they offer a nice variety of meals. This community comes highly recommend to other families for the good care and value.

Great Amenities!!

My mother has recently made the move into this community and so far everything is going well for her. The staff are very helpful to her and make sure to keep in good communication with me about how she is doing as well as answer any questions that I ever have. She often enjoys going down to get her hair done as well as the dinning room experience. Overall we are very happy and would recommend it to anyone.

No complaints!!

My mother has recently moved into this community and so far I have no complaints of how things are going for her. The staff are professional and I am comfortable with the care that they are providing her. I would defiantly recommend it to anyone,

My parent excellent care

The care for my parents at this community is wonderful. I like that they get help with a housekeeping. They help with making sure that they get medication. The menu if outstanding. I like knowing that they are very active with the community and the other residents. This is a wonderful community for the care of both of my parents and we would highly recommend other families to this community for care and a good value.

Great activities!

My loved one's stay at this facility is going just fine! It is very clean and the staff are sure to cater to her needs and requests. I have also found that she feels more comfortable now participating in the activities that they have to offer.

Very nice place!

The Grace Assisted Living was a nice place with nice people, but when we toured, they did not have an apartment with a view available. I really wanted for them to have a place where they did not feel closed off.

Outstanding care for mom

This is a nice community. The staff are very nice and caring. The meals are very good. She likes the activites that are offered She loves the music. We like her being activties. They had small trips and she likes getting out with the other residents. We would highly recommend the care and the great value to other families.

They seem to be family oriented.

Mom is doing well living at Grace Assisted Living. The staff are attentive, helpful and encourage her to participate in some of the many activities they offer. The food is good and they offer restaurant style dining. The community is clean and I would recommend it.

What I heard

I had some of my family members look into this community as I had heard from people not to go here as it is not that nice. My family also said this did not seem like an active community. It is an older dark community. The people they met were nice.

Friendly Staff!!

I really like how friendly and kind the staff have been to my father. They are always checking in on him and making sure he is comfortable in his new living environment. He also has been enjoying the activities they provide as well as the company of the other residents. The only complaint I have heard him mention is he wishes there was improvements on the meals they serve.

I would recommend this community!!!

I like the staff very much at Grace Assisted living. The community and my apartment is clean. The grounds are nice and they have bird feeders around the community as well as a gazebo for us to enjoy the outside. The food is good. They offer a variety of activities such as bingo, a dice game, a daily exercise class and a movie night twice a week. They have someone come in on Monday's to do our nails.

A clean and friendly place.

Grace Assisted Living is clean, friendly and close to everything. The food is good. My mother-in-law is doing good there and participates in the activities when she can.

noticeable odor in dads room

At Grace Assisted Living Senior Community there is a noticeable odor in dads room. I know the staff is doing what they can to take care of it. Dad has a raised toilet seat and it is usually dirty. I would like to see that cleaned much more often. As much as I am paying the staff really need to be more vigilant. The facility itself is fantastic as far as cleanliness. When we have anything that needs addressing they take care of it. We were looking at different facilities and this one was the more reasonably priced. Overall I am very happy with this facility just some things that need improving.

Unbelievably Caring

They are super attentive. They are unbelievably caring. They are always there no matter what I need to talk to them about or what my mom needs. If I have heard one thing bad about it from my mom, it is that the food could be a little better. I would recommend them.

My mother is 93 in a wheel chair and has been there 7 months. They have lost her dentures (after stating in writing they would remove and clean every night) lost her glasses and even lost the picture of them I provided to help find them. They recommended I get her an alarm so she does not get up on her own and fall, they lost it four times or have it turned off. They only change her Depends twice a day so she is in constant pain from a bad rash. She went in to the hospital for pneumonia and they informed Grace she needed oxygen, sent over the orders on a Friday before noon, called to verify they had it taken care of, they said yes. I showed up at 7:30 to check on her and NO oxygen. Had to handle it myself until almost midnight or she would have been without for days. This could have put her back in the hospital or [removed] her. I talked to the staff but no one came to fix the problem they created. [removed] If you love your elderly family members do not consider this [place].

So far I am pleased with it. My loved one has only been there a month so I can not really give an exact star rating on the value of the community.... but so far so good! I would recommend to others as well. They are very clean, smells nice, and super clean. The community is friendly.

Wonderful place

Grace assisted living has done a fabulous job, I would give them top marks across the board. The people here are friendly and professional, and they take great care of everyone. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and they provide a comfortable caring atmosphere. I would recommend them highly!

Large facility. Lots of activities everyday. Field trips, games. We had an appointment for the tour, and a call was made to us to confirm, but nobody was aware we coming. They seemed as if we were an inconvenience. I was not impressed about that.

exceptionally friendly

The food and activities can be better. However, the staff is exceptionally friendly and made us feel very welcome. The place itself is also very nice and clean.

could improve...

I think they could improve on bathing and keeping up with the care of the residents, who are sometimes afraid to speak up for themselves and say what they need. They have lots of staffing on the weekdays, but not on the weekend.s

I think it runs pretty well however I...

I think it runs pretty well however I do feel they have to many clicks, young girls in the hallway talking about unprofessional things like boyfriends, other staff, managers,
I also noticed that not enough need techs one st times to two carts that's unacceptable.
I feel for the fees and costs per month they could do some what better but maybe it's like this at every facility, my family is new to this so idk.

Older Crowd

My mom is in her 80s but when we walked into this community everyone looked old. We knew she would not want to be here with everyone in wheelchairs or walkers. She would not have liked that. The Grace in Boise had a younger, more active crowd that we thought would be better for our mom to be around.

Really Nice People

I visited this one and the Grace in Boise. They seemed pretty much the same to me: really nice people but what they offered wasn't all that it could be. I think they sort of ran together.

We're overall pleased with Grace

They're very good with care there, they have a problem with enough folks at night and on the weekend but I think that's everywhere. I think they don't have enough med techs, my mother tried to call someone when my father called her and it took her forever to raise someone, I guess there's one person to every 60 patients living there. The acitivities look fine and my fathers not the activity type, I don't knwo if that's a male versus female thing but they do look like they're nice activities. My dad hates it, but I don't think he would like being anywhere, he's just at that time in his life when he wants to be home but can't. I am comfortable though with the care, again, the med tech to patient ratio is pretty high, but they're basically, overall good. Another major thing that we thought about was that they needed to be able to give diabetic care to my father and I don't know if it's an insurance issue but not a lot of places do that and this one does.

Refundable Deposit and Good Care

The people that I've met are excellent, especially the nursing staff. One of the things they did that most other places didn't do is you could put down a deposit that is refundable until the person moves in. The other places, if you couldn't move in then you're just out the money so that was a huge factor.

From what we can tell, the care has been very efficient. They come in and do my dad's laundry and help him shower and everything.

The activities appear to be pretty regular. The only thing I can think of is that if you don't pay attention to the board then you don't know what is going on. They have a lot of nice activities but it makes the resident accountable for what they want to attend and my dad struggles with that because he had dementia.

One of the downsides is I called the manager 4 times and she never returned a phone call. As a new person dealing with this, I have questions and I don't know what to expect. There was never a return phone call and I though that was inconsiderate. When you walk in the facility she's right there and ready to talk to you.