The Village of Meyerland - Houston, TX

My dad was here and I might bring my mom soon

The Village was awesome! My Dad was here and they just took care of everything. My step-mom felt like it was too institutional, but for me they took care of all of the needs that needed to be met. The staff was awesome and everyone was just really, really good. He was older in age and didn’t like that some of the nurses were able to show tattoos that they had, but as far as in the quality of work and the professionalism of the staff, it was really good. Everyone really did their job well. Since my Dad was there, they’ve changed directors, and I’m sure the new one is fine but the one that was there really ran a tight ship. The facility was kept very clean. I would absolutely recommend them for others and might even move my mom there.

Changed for the Better

The Village of Meyerland used to have a pretty bad reputation, but they noticed what was being said about them, and made changes for the better. We love that the community is very close by and that the staff is all very helpful and friendly. They seem to care about their jobs and enjoy being there. The food is good, if basic, the place is clean, and they have activities all the time. They hang the schedules in the elevators and everyone one gets a weekly copy. Overall, we have found The Village to be very satisfactory so far, and we’d recommend it to others.

Dad is happy!!

My dad has recently made the move into this community and so far we are comfortable with the care he has been receiving. He is making the transition and is getting adjusted into his new living environment but he does feel safe which is important. I am pleased with the staff and think they are doing a great job with my dads every day care. The meals have been just fine and he is enjoying his dinning experience with the other residents.

Care and options

This was a nice tour for the care for my sister. The staff was helpful in answering the questions we had. The community is clean and they offer a lot of good meals. Activities are offered for good care. We liked this community but it too far. I would recommend this community for others

Pleasant Tour, But Not The One For Us

I toured this community for my mother, and her needs. Everyone was very kind to my family, and I. The community from what we were shown looked nice. Everything was neat, and tidy. The staff we came across was friendly, and informative. The experience was a good one, but this was not the right fit for my mother, and her needs.

Very nice facility. The residents were very friendly. My father did not like that the living quarters were on floors 4 and 5 and all the activities were on the 3rd floor. He didn't like the idea of having to ride an elevator to get to the dining room. Don't know what the food was like since we toured after lunch.

A good place

Mom likes her room as it is located in a good area. They offer an internal system were the residents wear a pendent if they need assistance. The staff are quick to respond and very sweet. They offer some daily activities and the community is clean. They offer good fresh food and they are accommodating. The dining room staff is very nice. This is a fine place for her and I would recommend it.

Friendly staff!!

The staff was very friendly and welcoming during my tour of this community. During my visit I had noticed that a lot of the residents in the memory care unit did not seem involved in any activities and seemed very lost and confused.

A Bit Out Of Our Prince Range

I toured this facility for my mother unfortunately it was a bit out of her price range, but the tour went well. This is a nice looking community. The staff was nice and kind. They did answer all my questions. Everyone was friendly and welcoming. They have nice activities and good food. Overall it was nice a tour, but not the right place for my mother.

Review of The Village of Meyerland Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Houston, TX

Lovely facility, very calm and the memory unit is inviting. The staff seemed to be very caring and the residents were happy. I think this facility would work for my husband.

I have been very pleased with The Vil...

I have been very pleased with The Village of Meyerland from the initial visit to the time of move in. The staff is very concerned and knows the residents names and background. They are very personable, and the facility has a homey feel to it. The Village is new, and very clean. The food there is fairly good. On a scale from 1 to 4, I give it a 4.5. And I would recommend The Village of Meyerland to others.

The facility seems very lar...

The facility seems very large. The memory care patients are located on one floor. The lady in charge of activities seemed to be dedicated to involving all of the residents in the daily activities.

My 2nd pick thus far. Ev...

My 2nd pick thus far. Everything and everyone was very nice. Not bad price but space is a bit small.

Very satisfied

I’m absolutely satisfied with our experience at The Village. It’s just a very special place and they really take an interest in the people there. One of the best things about the community is the food. They have their own chef and she’s really fantastic.

They have been good, they are very clean.

They have been good, they are very clean. The staff is very friendly. They have a very good roster of activities and a lot of diversity. Their weakest point is probably having them get back to a request we made about the room, it's been about three weeks and it still hasn't been done.

This is a new building. Al...

This is a new building. All the units are bright and clean. Perfect for an independent person. The dementia care floor has been thoughtfully laid out. It is quiet, but the unit is only partially filled.

has memory care and assiste...

has memory care and assisted living. both dad and Martha can live her if want. Only been open one year, so is only 50% occupancy now. Food is supposed to be excellent, lots of activities, lots of excursions, has a garden, building a gazebo with a garden around it that the seniors can work in (I think). Has 1 and 2 bedroom studios. Also has suites.

Village of Meyerland is a new high-ri...

Village of Meyerland is a new high-rise assisted living and memory care building. The units are clean and staff is very friendly. Their memory care area is especially well staffed.

Beautiful place, and excellent food!

We were only able to use this community for a short time before a medical emergency necessitated a move, but we were very impressed with this place! It's a brand new community, and the facility itself is beautiful! The staff are very attentive and friendly, and they keep the place looking very clean. And the food was absolutely wonderful, it was always delicious and included fresh fruits and vegetables.

Pleased with the service

It was quite an adjustment for our family to get used to this type of care for a loved one, but now that everything has settled down we're pleased with the job that they do. It's a very nice, clean looking place, and the staff are all very friendly. They seem to have a good variety of activities to keep her active and entertained, and I like that all of the activities are located on the same floor she is on, so she won't have to wander around the facility.

Amazing staff!

This has been a great place so far. The staff are wonderful, I'd give them a 10 out of 5 if I could! They're very good about getting to know the residents. Everyone, from the director to the wait staff, know my Mom by name. They're very attentive, and good about keeping me in the loop, which is a huge relief since I live out of state. They'll let me know about any concerns they have, and are great about answering quickly if I have any questions or concerns.

"The Winner Is....."

I toured several facilities and spoke to quite a few others before deciding to move my mother here. Looking beyond the brand new facility, each time I visited the residents were engaged, there were plenty of SMILING staff, and they have a self contained "memory" floor with 3-1 ratio of staff to resident with a private balcony, hair salon, exercise area, reading and entertaining areas and just overall a state of the art home for my mom.