I must say this place has excellent customer service attended me in a very professional manner i got a grand tour around all buildings im very impressed how clean all the buildings are and from the time i came in there was a rich fresh smell they do an amazing job keeping the place very well maintained all staff greated me and i also got to see the residents having great time during a live show with music and there memory care was very clean as well and they had activities going on with the residents as well i can tell they keep them happy and very busy i highly recommend this place to take care of my parents because of everything i experienced while i was there and ive had visited many places before coming here and by far i can say it was one of the cleanest most proffesional assistant living i have been to.

Outstanding

[name removed], I have been here a year now. I am as happy as the day I moved in. The staff is adorable I love them all, they are very caring. The food is good to me and if I want something special they fix it for me. I am very happy here, my Mother is 93 she lives here as well, she thanks God every night for the Golden Pond.

Settling in quite nicely

My mom is settling in nicely, she really likes her room and she is even started to take part in the activities which was a nice surprise to me. Mom enjoys going to the dining room where she can visit with the other residents and she even likes the food. The community is very nice, clean, bright and has a nice courtyard where the residents can go and visit

Perfect place

I have been here one month, I love it here. I continue to have WOW moments. The Staff is wonderful, the food is very good. My overall experience is great. I highly recommend this facility to anyone. I'm home.

I took a tour!!

When I toured the Golden Pond Communities, I thought it was a very good place. It was clean and everyone was very friendly. The tour guide was prepared to take me on the tour when I got there, but I found a place that fits my mother's needs better.

a reasonable place for Mom

Food service not very appetizing, food area floors not kept clean, staff friendly and helpful, lots of volunteers help with the activities and entertainment,
The staff provides a good safe environment that insures the residents get their medications on time.

Good quality medical attention and physical therapy is provided.

I would recommend Golden Pond!!!

The staff at this community are friendly and attentive. The only thing my dad thinks is that they are a little understaffed. He is satisfied with the food and he has started to participate in some of the activities. The community is kept clean.

Management Issues

My mom has been here for two years. This organization cannot keep management staff and it is frustrating. We are now on our fourth administrator, fifth director of nursing (who I think is an LPN, even though when we signed up it was advertised as an RN on site) and the third activities director. The housecleaning staff changes just as frequently so you never know who is going to be in the room. The ONLY bright spot is that her aides have been consistent and are wonderful and caring. The facility is clean and well cared for. The food is okay but not great. The head chef has also changed repeatedly. Fortunately, her doctor visits her at the facility and I can coordinate medical care through his office which has been wonderful.

This facility is in a serious state, undergoing numerous state investigations. It is not a place where the health and safety of your loved one can be entrusted.

Worth Consideration

My mother with mild to moderate Alzheimer's is there. She needs help with a medical device attachment, also. She has, on several occasions, gotten the pouch detached from her body causing bodily fluids to spill. I had a problem with the staff maintaining the correct adhesive for her. They have the information for the devices; I pay extra for them to order and maintain them for her.
The facility is very pretty; the grounds are well-maintained. The inside of the individual buildings is quaint; nothing fancy. There are animals for the residents to care for and look at, there is a pool table, and a big screen TV with a couple couches. I know there is a bingo game regularly. I don't think there are many chances for the residents to get out among each other; at least not from what I see.
I think the staff should get the residents outside more often for exercise and to get them out of the rooms. Maybe they do already, and I just don't see it or my mother may not remember.
The rooms are rather small, but not too tiny. There is good closet space. The bathroom is nice and of good size.
The food seems to be mostly pretty good. My mom can be rather finicky; she sometimes says it's no good. I am allowed to bring her in outside food, and I do.
The value of Golden Pond is very good. I checked about a dozen facilities before deciding on there. For the money, the facilities are among the best, and the location was the most convenient for me. The manager, Allison Dion, was very pleasant and helpful to me.
Overall, I would recommend someone looking for a facility to give them a look.

This place is divine. The Memory Care Unit is excellent, all the nurses are on top of the care of the patients, the doctors make regular weekly visits and are usually the same people. The selling point was the fact that the Memory Care Unit is well built with all patients having access to outside courtyard, directly from their rooms so that they are able to get fresh air when they wanted. I highly recommended this property it was well worth the monthly cost.

incredibly friendly

The staff there is incredibly friendly, which was one of the major things that initially drew us in to Golden Pond Communities.

The atmosphere is very helpful and welcoming, more so than the other places that we did visit. Mom is having a somewhat hard time adjusting, but they are trying to help her as much as they possibly can. It's an adjustment process, for sure. We have had very good response when we've had a question, etc.

It's been a very good experience and I would highly recommend Golden Pond Communities.

Very friendly and welcoming staff

My loved one was not here for long, but I felt like they did a great job in the short time that they had. It was a nice looking, well kept, and clean facility. All of the staff were incredibly friendly and welcoming. The director came in on one of her days off to be able to meet my loved one on her move-in day.

They were only a four because of the staff members being so great.

They were too broken up they had separate buildings. It was dark, it was ok but for an elderly person that gets confused or has to move around, and can't it was complicated for them, and I felt like they would get lost in there. It was clean and the people were friendly and were ready to make a deal. They were only a four because of the staff members being so great.

Been There a Month

My mother has been there about a month, and since that time has been admitted to the hospital, so I would hate to pass judgement on an organization that hasn't had a chance to prove themselves. We chose because it was a close proximity to my house.

Right Fit

We looked at three different communities that best fit our situation but we chose Golden Pond because it was the best fit for my loved one. Everything just seemed to be right for the situation we were in. We are very pleased with choosing Golden Pond.

Very nice and peaceful. Concerned th...

Very nice and peaceful. Concerned that it may be too quiet for either parent but loved the location . Interior rooms feel dark and lack natural light. Could be depressing but the back porch areas are wonderful!

Golden Pond Communities opened it's doors to the Community in 1999. Additional building was required to meet the needs of the community in 2003. The Executive Director and the Community Relations Director have been at the community working together for ten plus years. Continuity of care is very important to this community.

Golden Pond is located 1 and a half miles west of Historic Downtown Winter Garden with the West Orange Trail being on the side next to the property. Because of the closeness to downtown Winter Garden, we have golf cart accessibility. The residents of Golden Pond can be seen driving to the Farmers Market on Saturday and down to the local community pool.

The bus will be seen around town at local restaurants and at the Fowlers Grove Mall and the Movie Theatre. Historic Winter Garden is also home to many shoppes, local museum and Theatre.

The campus is on ten well landscaped acres which gives it the feeling of being rural. Each apartment has its own back door leading to the patio and overlooking different areas of the lush green landscaping.

Our staff is well trained and we go beyond the state guidelines. There are many staff that have been here for ten years or more. A happy staff lends to happy residents.

We are very active in our community and in return, we get many volunteers who love to come and participate in events with our residents. You will see us around Winter Garden helping with Community Events.

Come experience the lifestyle of Golden Pond Communities