Too hotel-like for mom's liking.

5 floor facility

While looking into different options for my love one I found that this is an excellent property; however my love one did not want to move forward here because it has five stories. The staff and everybody that I met are very friendly and accommodating. It is a terrific place. I would recommend this place.

Sarah Sheridan

Thank you very much for the kind words. We're sorry to hear that our community was not the right fit, however, we hope you will keep in touch and come visit again soon.

A Good Fit

The experience is going well for my wife and the community is a wonderful place. The staff are wonderful and professional while being kind and attentive.

Sarah Sheridan

Thank you for the kind words. We love hearing feedback from happy residents.

The Assisted Living

The experience has been typical like any assisted living. Things could be better and they are doing the best they can. They have so many residents living there. Overall they community is good and I have no complaints.

Sarah Sheridan

Thank you for the feedback. Please reach out to our home office at [removed] if there's anything we can do to improve your experience in the community.

A tour for care

We toured this community for care.We like the staff who were caring and we liked the cleanliness. The menu was appealing and the activities were offered for the residents who want to participate. This cost was more than we could afford, but we would recommend other families to tour this community for the care of a loved one.

Sarah Sheridan

Thank you for the kind words. We are sorry to hear that the community was not the right fit for you but we hope you will stay in touch.

Nice property!!

I have no complaints about the tour I had taken at this community for my loved one. I thought the staff did a great job presenting the facility and made sure to provided us with lots of great information on everything they had to offer. The bedrooms where spacious and I liked the lighting throughout the unit. It was just not the right budget for our family but I would recommend it to anyone.

Sarah Sheridan

Thank you for the kind words. We are sorry to hear that the community was not the right fit but we hope you will stay in touch.

For My Dad

Overall it is going well and we are happy with the way the community helps my dad. It has been a transition and I would recommend them to my family and friends.

Comfortable stay.

I am comfortable with my loved one's stay. The facility is kept very clean, and my loved one is receiving her medication and is eating well. My primary concern is that the facility is short staffed, so my loved one does not always get the care that she needs. Luckily, she is a higher functioning resident, but I have found that this is a problem for residents that are not as high functioning. My tip to families would be to check in at random times to be sure that the staff are doing what they are supposed to do.

Outstanding

Crane's View Lodge is a beautiful place for my mom to call home and enjoy her remaining years. The staff are wonderful and helping her to participate in activities. The food is great. There is so much for her to do. It's an amazing place I would recommend to anyone looking for a home to age in place
A Place for Mom was instrumental and fantastic in helping me find the right place for my mom.

Sarah Sheridan

Thank you for the kind words. We love hearing feedback from happy residents.

Memory Care Center Experience

My mother was taken in at the highest care level of the Memory Care Center. In my opinion, with the assisted living status, Crane's View should not take a person who cannot do anything for themselves.

There is not enough staff to handle all of the requirements of the routine job, much less to take care of a bed-ridden person.

Everyone was very friendly and I believe that for the person who can get around on their own, this would be fine. However, I don't believe my mother should have been accepted because they cannot fulfill the total needs of someone completely dependent.

Crane's View is second to none!

I am thrilled with my mother's stay at Crane's View! The facility is very well maintained and the staff are very welcoming. My mother has plenty of opportunities to participate in activities and socialize as well. None of the other facilities compared to Crane's View!

Sarah Sheridan

Thank you very much for the kind words!

Great place for loved ones

My dearest friend and neighbor has been a resident of Cranes View for almost a year. It is an excellent facility and she is receiving great care. The staff are very friendly and caring and always have her best interest at heart. Her room is always clean and they respond to her needs quickly. She is getting excellent care there and I couldn't be happier with the staff and the facility. No one likes to have their love ones go to an assisted facility, but Cranes View is as close to being like home as they come. It's a shame that some people who have never even been there to see first hand what goes on can post such horrible things. If you don't care enough to visit you shouldn't write reviews. Thank you to the staff for all they do for someone who is like a mother to me.

Sarah Sheridan

Thank you very much for the feedback. We enjoying hearing feedback from happy residents.

Great Place For Mom

For anybody looking for an outstanding assisted living facility, this is the one! Great accommodations and first class facility. Always checking on my mother and in constant contact with me on any issue or concern. Nursing staff and attendants are personable and ready to fill any need. Very accommodating to my mom who is 87 and unfortunately not in great health. They get her to all her appointments on time on any day. I could not ask for better people to work with. [Removed] head nurse is awesome and very caring! She is always available to me. Feels like home the way it should be!

Sarah Sheridan

Thank you very much for the feedback. Please reach out to our home office at [removed] if there's anything we can do to improve you or your loved ones experience in the community.

A caring place!

After reading the previous review, I felt compelled to write one myself.

My mother has also been at Crane's view since July. Crane's view was the highest recommended facility to us in the Clermont area. She wasn't driving when we moved her in because she lost her sight in one eye preventing her from being safe so we decided it was in mom's best interest not be on the road on her own! This brings me to the first reason Crane's view is so valuable to us. They make special provisions for mom to get her to her doctors' appointments allowing us the comfort in knowing mom gets to where she needs to be when she needs to be there.

The many times I visited mom since July, I have experienced a fantatisc staff at Crane views. Everyone is pleasant and very attentive, not only to moms needs but ours as well! They knew who I was and where I live. My brother lives near mom and is over there two to four times per week. Crane's view staff calls him if mom sneezes.

I personally have questioned nurses on duty about medication and scheduling of medications. They knew mom by name and showed me her chart and were knowledgeable about the care level mom is on. Mom gets everything her Doctors prescribe for her. The facility is extremely well taken care of as if it were a resort in the mountains. I ate lunch a few times with mom and the food is great!

Mom bucked a little at first but with recent conversations, she has told me how much she likes it there and wouldnt know what to do if she were by herself. She has someone clean her apartment once a week, a button to call staff when she needs something or just wants a glass of water, three square meals a day, snacks in between all an elevator or the push of a button away!

I would want to know if the previous reviewer had ever visited Crane's view since July? To make such comments and not visit to see first hand would be unfair, to say the least!

I am very thankful for Crane's view facility and staff that take such great care of my mom!

Sarah Sheridan

Thank you very much for the feedback. We enjoy hearing positive feedback from happy residents. Please reach out to our home office at [removed] if there's anything we can do to improve you or your loved ones experience in the community.

Absolutely great assisted living facility!

Sarah Sheridan

terriable place to be!!!!!!!!!

I live in pgh pa. My mom lives here at the request of my brother with no knowledge of mine. I have had to call many many times because my mom has a contining condition and you never really know when the infection will flair up. Far to many times i have called and begged them to check my mom because she is so weak she can't talk and doesn't remember anything. As far as regulating medication i could not tell you first hand but i can tell you when my mom first went there which was july of 2016 and has gone down hill ever since. I do feel if they had proper people working there that they would see this happening.and maybe at least check her medication. When my mom first went here she was still driving. I will admit i didn't not like her driving as she is 87 years old, but at the same time she was in pretty good health. After staying here for not even a year i have seen her go nothing but down hill. As far as staff they take there good old time checking out patients even when i had called many times and asked if they could check my mom. I live in pgh. and i could tell when she needed help. I would never send anyone here unless you don't care or love them. and as for the good reviews if you look they have been reviewed by personal.

Sarah Sheridan

Thank you for this feedback. These experiences do not represent the practices, policies or culture put in place at Crane's View Lodge. Please reach out to our home office at [removed] so we can learn more about your experience(s) with our community and team of associates.

Beautiful but very expensive,

Sarah Sheridan

Thank you for the feedback.

Very nice facility. It will be on list of places to visit with my mom.

Sarah Sheridan

Thank you for the feedback.

Would not recommend

Terrible food,incompetent staff, takes forever to respond to call buttons,lets your loved one sit in soiled clothes,short on staff,no continuity of care, medication has been given to wrong person,revolving door for employees

Sad But True

First of all I'll admit Cranes View Lodge is a out standing facility very beautiful ,but on the other hand the STAFF is horrible it takes them at least 30 minutes to respond to residents pendent calls, the pricing is so high for the level of care given, residents are at times left without laundry being done and room being cleaned and let me not forget to mention Cranes View Lodge has gone through at least 7 executive directors within 2-3 years in business that alone should let you know what to expect, sad to say this place see residents more like a number because all they care about is money, and they have the nerve to give the residents flyers stating they have a employee Christmas fund opened for them to donate for the outstanding job they do, how about hiring better staff with more knowledge and better attitudes not the kind you see standing around with there cell phones texting and leaving residents when they need that extra help because remember they are there for a reason not for them to be left unforgotten and seen as a number.. so sad but true

Met [Removed] [Removed] who provided on-site tour & overall information regarding memory care as it affects mom. She provided digital info so I could send to my brother via email. She also provided recommendations for mom i.e. shared room. She invited us back for a seminar regarding memory care/Alz. I will be heading to Philly for Thanksgiving to further discuss the Florida options. At this time, he wants to wait until after the holidays to make a decision as to whether mom would stay in Philly or come to Fl.
I rank this center as highly as I consider mom's welfare & comfort but again no decision will be made at this time & I have advised [Removed] directly.

Sarah Sheridan

Thank you very much for the feedback.

Use caution

Runs out of patient medicine, takes over 30 minutes to an hour for nurses to respond to emergency buttons very unorganized

The Management Team

Thank you for your review and feedback. Our #1 priority at Crane's View Lodge is to provide the highest level of care and service for our residents. Please know that we take your comments seriously and will be reviewing your concerns with our management team. Again, thank you for your feedback, it's paramount to helping us better serve our residents and their families.

Substandard health care

Huge turnover in staff. Health care is very substandard, Dining room closed for extended period of time and residents relegated to eating in their rooms. Extraordinary number of residents have been sick. New company took over in January 2016 and care of residents has deteriorated
further. This place is all about money and residents are a number. Would not recommend this place.

The Management Team

Our priority, here at Crane's View Lodge, is our residents and their individual needs. Each resident is unique, different and special, we work diligently with heart and compassion, to make a difference in our residents' lives. Each and every employee strives to do their best by and with our residents each day. We take our roles very seriously since there is no greater honor than to be trusted with a very special member of your family.

FAMILIES BEWARE!

Huge turnover of staff, overall focus on resident sedation, medical records not computerized, staff confusion with medication, director of nursing walked out recently and at least four (4) different nursing directors within a year, constant communication failures. Interested in money rather than health, safety and care of residents. A constant revolving door of staff.

The Management Team

Thank you for your review. In order to best serve our residents and their families, we have reviewed your specific concerns with our regional and community management teams.

Please know we truly value and encourage your feedback, it's paramount to helping us better serve our residents and their families.

Not Enough Staff

The Crane's View Lodge is really a very nice place. The only criticism I have to say about the facility is that they do not have enough personnel working. Everything else about the place is very nice though.

Very receptive staff

What they have done really well is work with us as individual clients. My Mother is definitely a name and not an number. They have been very receptive to everything. There are a few situations that need the kinks worked out of them, but the facility is really making an effort.

No regrets! Thank you.

First, I would like to say "Thank you" to your friendly staff. Being new at this entire process and the only child to assist my Dad, 82, I was very stressed, nervous and honestly hesitant to trust anyone with my Dad. He had lived with me since my Mom passed in 2002 and unfortunately I realized he needed a level of care I could not provide. From the moment, I made the call to Crane's, to the tour and then his move in day, everything seemed natural and evident that I made the right choice. The Staff is amazing, attentive, caring and friendly. Oh, and let's not forgot, funny. My Dad has always been very shy and quiet, thus why I was stressed as to how he would adapt. But now, he is more talkative, laughs and participates in activities. Crane's, being a newbie at this with just a year of opening, please keep up the great work you do each and every day by always striving to be the best in the industry.

Doing a great job here!

They're doing a great job overall at Crane's View Lodge! It's a very nice looking, clean, well kept community, and all of the staff have been as friendly as they can be! They're very attentive and always right there to help if you need anything. It's a good sized community and the residents all seem to be happy and social, and Dad really seems to be enjoying himself here as well!

Welcome to Crane’s View Lodge! We are Central Florida’s premiere Assisted Living and Memory Care community. Our unparalleled reputation is founded on high-quality health care services and exceptional lifestyle amenities. Our standards for these services and amenities are upheld by our dedicated and experienced staff.

Crane’s View Lodge is designed around a Colorado Lodge theme, offering the warmth and comfort of home. We truly believe the vision of our founders Tom Hofmeister and Dave Croson, “Our goal is to win the Heart of every Resident.”