Golden Living Center Chetwynde - West Newton, MA

Great Nursing Home for Chinese People

We toured many places and this was the only that catered to Chinese people.

The manager there is Asian. He told me there are trying to be all Asian residents soon.

They have special staff here that do certain activities that white people cannot participate in.

I am told they will be doing an special menu just for Chinese people too!

Mother's Birthday

I just wanted to thanks you and your staffs who care of my mom. My brother visited my mom there last night, he was surprise and told me that you guys sent my mom’s thoughtful birthday messages. We are overwhelmed to have such a wonderful people that can share in her special day, makes her feel special today and throughout the rest of the year, as well as she would be have a Lunar Year birthday with us !

Thanks from the bottom of my heat, it definitely means a lot to us.

My Dad

We would like to thank you and your staff for taking care of my father. Everyone who has taken care of my father was professional, caring, kind and patient. There is nothing better for a family to know that they can go home knowing their loved ones are in the best hands possible you and your staff 's.

Good people

Since I have been here Jan. I been very very sick. I didn't see, I lost many weight, I got many infection. By your help I feel better, and very better until to date. I say thank you to everyone working in this place. continue help to the other. Thank you.

Golden Living

Thank you JJ for taking the time to share your positive experience. We are so glad you are feeling better. Our patients and residents are our highest priority.

therapy was good here and staff was friendly. it was quiet and calm. I felt like I was getting good care from the nursing staff. one of my favorite memories was finishing up the puzzles with the administrator. I am coming back here next time. my family likes the staff as well. it is a great place.

Sister staying for rehab

My sister was here during her rehab stay. She felt very safe here and it was nice of them to have a big Chinese New Year celebration with good food from the staff. I would recommend this place to any of my friends or family.

The staff was nice to my sister, me and boyfriend. I will come here to do my rehab as well. The administrator and staff are always informing me on what's going on in with my sister and her care.

Caring Daughter

Thank you all for your dedicated care to my dad. My dad improved so much, totally beyond our expectation. You made it possible. Our family is so grateful. The physicial therapists, are so professional and helpful. Your caring nurses and hard working CNAs are great. Thank you!!!

Therapy Stay

Chetwynde is the one that I like very much. It's a great place. Our stay there was good. The facility was beautifully appointed. It was very new and it had a homey feeling.

They did have very good staff there. I would certainly recommend this community to others. The Administrator and team is very involved with everything.

Good Staff

I came here for short term rehab. It was good for me. I had my own private room. I loved the rehab staff. Everyone was friendly and nice. I will come back.

Great Staff

My experience was good here. I came for short term rehab. The staff was friendly and accomondating. I appreciated all they did for me. I would come back.

Terrifyingly awful place

Luckily I only had to a spend a short term rehab stint here before I could return home.

Felt bad for the long term residents.

Places smells awful. Common area furniture reeks of urine.

Food is below average and often served cold.

Nursing under staffed.

No social activities. Residents generally just sit in their rooms doing nothing.

Bad for me as a short term rehab but bad bad bad for long term care.

It has worked out well.

It's worked out well. It's a good facility, it's clean. The staff is friendly and the nursing staff is good.

Not impressed

We used this place briefly for rehab care for a loved one, and we were not impressed. I would recommend looking into other options before using this facility.

The fact that you're reading this means you're probably thinking about a nursing home, for either yourself or someone you love. Do you know what your options are? In today's healthcare environment, you have far more choices than ever.
We offer skilled nursing services ... and routine help with daily activities. Long-term inpatient therapy ... and short-term therapy as an outpatient. If your loved one shows signs of Alzheimer's disease, our trained, experienced caregivers can help.

Our goal is to provide compassionate nursing care in a clean, comfortable setting where you will feel at home. Our certified nursing assistants are trained to provide round-the-clock care, and our professional nursing staff meets with you regularly to discuss ongoing needs. And it's important that you stay active and healthy, so our recreation and nutrition staff provide regular, wholesome meals and a variety of individual and group activities.

Whether you need a new, permanent home, or short-term help getting back on your feet after an illness or injury, we can help.

Featured services

Would you like some help with your financial options? Our business office employees are available to you. Do we offer the services and treatments you need? Select any of these services for details: