Golden Apricot Manor, Inc - Whittier, CA

Great place!!!

The house is beautiful, clean, and spacious. They even have a fountain in an atrium that is very relaxing. The staff are friendly and very attentive. I always get hungry when I come to visit my mom at mealtime. Smells delicious! I was very impressed when I learned that some residents have been there for over ten years! [name removed] is an amaizing administrator that fights for her residents. Love that lady! I am blessed to have found this place for my mom after several not so good experiences at other places.

Disappointed

The staff at the facility change every 3 to 4 months, so proper training is not always done before the new staff arrive. The owner is very vocal and has no problem yelling at staff or family in front of family and residents. If you are looking for a home for your loved ones that have dementia and want them to become familiar with who is taking care of them, this is not the home for them.

I was impressed with the community, how spacious and clean the house is. Maria (caregiver) very nice and attentive.

Beautiful home, clean, well lit, spacious, lawn very well groomed. Loved it!

Review of Golden Apricot Manor, Inc Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Whittier, CA

warm caring environment. the commitment of the team is commendable. a bit too many residents for what i'm looking for. also, i'm sure it's just the time that i visited, but i didn't get to see the interaction between the residents. if this were one of my downselected choices, i would have followed up with another visit for that purpose.

I am real impressed with how they take care of my mom.

We are pretty happy with them. Between Golden Apricot and the hospice care, we couldn't ask for more. I am real impressed with how they take care of my mom. They care for six people and you would never know it. It is so clean, and doesn't have any odor. Everyone is so friendly. They really have done a great job.

Caregivers very caring

My mother was treated very kindly by the caregivers. They kept her room spotless and insured that her diet was healthy and that she got her medications. She liked the layout of GA as she was able to walk a circular path around a wide hallway. She also was able to walk outside. She would have appreciated being able to watch television after 8 PM as she was not ready for bed then. She was concerned about the long hours worked by some of her caregivers and having no bell in her room to contact anyone if needed at night. We appreciated the open door policy for visiting. Many of her friends were able to do so and were welcomed by the staff.

Excellent home and care

Golden Apricot Manor is a wonderful home. It is built perfectly for home care...well appointed, well maintained, and well run. It is a quiet and peaceful place not just for the residents, but also for the visitors.

Nina and staff were the best. They were knowledgeable, friendly, diligent, and proactive at all times. They treated the residents as family with utmost care .